• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oswarlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hae you updated the script fro mthelatest version or tried to use the old one? Because the very old versions have no workaround for MAC lists with SSIDs integreted

I ran the latest command, which, I assume downloads the new script due to the wget being a part of the command. Is that the case or do I need to manually download something?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I ran the latest command, which, I assume downloads the new script due to the wget being a part of the command. Is that the case or do I need to manually download something?
No you do not need to do any more to get the latest version.
Check:
wc -l /tmp/nzone.macs
crontab -l | grep nzone

Oswarlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you do not need to do any more to get the latest version.
Check:
wc -l /tmp/nzone.macs
crontab -l | grep nzone

I get "554 /temp/nzone.macs" for the first command, and for some reason, even with cron enabled in the router settings, the second command gives me crontab: not found.

Oswarlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it should work. Check nzone.macs modification time and the actual MAC with ifconfig

The file was changed mere moments ago, and the mac address that my ath0 is showing, is changing from the devices normal mac address.
I'm getting 'nintendo zone' to glow, (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't) but zero streetpasses.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The file was changed mere moments ago, and the mac address that my ath0 is showing, is changing from the devices normal mac address.
I'm getting 'nintendo zone' to glow, (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't) but zero streetpasses.
Remove password protection from.the ap

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I finally managed to set up Homepass using Windows Native method but I have some questions. How long does it to take to receive streetpass hits? It's been more than 2 hours and I haven't received a single hit. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong? I see NintendoZone application on the home menu I can start it up but it asks for system update which I can't for obvious reasons. How will I know for sure that It's working?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I finally managed to set up Homepass using Windows Native method but I have some questions. How long does it to take to receive streetpass hits? It's been more than 2 hours and I haven't received a single hit. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong? I see NintendoZone application on the home menu I can start it up but it asks for system update which I can't for obvious reasons. How will I know for sure that It's working?
Nzone.exe can't ask for a system update!

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Nzone.exe can't ask for a system update!

I mean Nintendo Zone App on my N3DS.

Edit : I'm trying to use VMware method and I receive this error. Would you mind helping me out once again? :)

11.jpg

Oswarlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... it seems to have started working randomly. I haven't changed anything. Now I'm more confused.

3ds must NOT have connection configured for street pass, I.e. no attwifi or NZ@McD1 configured on 3ds

So I ended up changing basically nothing while we were trying to figure out why it wasn't working, but then it started working. Is there some kind of delay before it will 'work', or is there some other issue that was making it not work?
Thanks for trying to help either way.

Syphos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Can your 3DS connect to the Homepass Network, in fact: Can it complete the Connection Test?
If yes, there should be no problem getting streetpasses.
But, If you had to setup the 3DS to use that connection, delete that fromn the 3DS settings, it will interfere.
The AP has to be open and try "attwifi" as SSID for a test.
Remember to change MACs on the adapter first.

It takes a 3DS like ~1 Minute to connect and get data.

You were the one with the emuNAND modified 3DS, right?

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Can your 3DS connect to the Homepass Network, in fact: Can it complete the Connection Test?
If yes, there should be no problem getting streetpasses.
But, If you had to setup the 3DS to use that connection, delete that fromn the 3DS settings, it will interfere.
The AP has to be open and try "attwifi" as SSID for a test.
Remember to change MACs on the adapter first.

It takes a 3DS like ~1 Minute to connect and get data.

You were the one with the emuNAND modified 3DS, right?

Yes It can connect to it. I use internet without setting up a connection to test it and it works fine and I can see packets being sent and received on status window of the virtual connection. But I put my n3ds on sleep mode and data activity stops I monitored it for 10-15 minutes no activity, wifi led blinking on my n3ds. I don't know how I can change Virtual network's wifi settings because I use Windows Native Method. The one with nzone.exe and stuff. It sets up its own connection with a script i think and names it Console3DS or something.

Syphos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So it's the problem on the connection in Streetpass mode.

You said earlier, you got yourself an USB Stick with works with Windows Natively, which one is it? What chipset does it have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty I never tried going online with a modded game