• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What virtual network program can be used with homepass that doesn't use security encryption? Virtual Router plus is out the question since you must have encryption no matter what.

I am using a Windows 7 PC, in case the OS needed to be known.

puxxi2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
here is a very lean script to change the mac on a router
i use a 54gl with tomato usb (shibby)

use ssid: NZ@McD1 -- no encryption
mac.sh and mac.txt to /tmp
make mac.sh executable
/tmp/mac.sh &

use ifconfig to see the changes

mac.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh

FILE=/tmp/mac.txt
while read line
do
    new_mac=$line
    ifconfig eth1 down hw ether $new_mac up
    sleep 5m
done < $FILE

mac.txt
Code:
4E:53:50:4F:4F:00
4E:53:50:4F:4F:9F

Reactions: Syphos

Syphos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please read the manual carefully. The minimal delay is 1 minute, BUT the actual delay will be 8hours / number of macs in file, so you will visit in random each MAC in the list exactly once in 8 hours cool down delay, then start over. That is not spamming.

A cycle is 8 hours / 256 = 112,5 seconds?
Considering the time until the 3DS picks up the connection, downloads streetpass data and so on, this is a really narrow timeframe.
Somehow local 3DS access that homepass connection one after the other. I have checked that a lot by using a network sniffer.
How can I change that, so it takes like 5 minutes before the next cycle?

However right now, I am trying to setup a Homepass by using an old D-link DWL-G122 on my Win7 Machine.
Problems so far:
MAC spoof impossible, maccheck.cmd just goes all ERROR ERROR on me
nzone can't even run: Kaspersky blocks it after download and if I disable Kaspersky, nzone.exe just crashes with an KERNELBASE error.
I have Windows 7 32-bit Home Premium

Either it's the driver (microsoft, wat you do) and every download I found is broken or this Wifi-Dongle is just too shitty/too old to work with.
After 2 hours work on it i just lost the mood about getting this abomination to work.

What virtual network program can be used with homepass that doesn't use security encryption? Virtual Router plus is out the question since you must have encryption no matter what.

I am using a Windows 7 PC, in case the OS needed to be known.

You could try Connectify, but only the premium version will do what you need, also this ripoff just seem to use the same method as hostednetwork/Virtual Wifi,
using their own drivers (if those are really THEIR drivers) .
I tried Connectify on an laptop with Atheros Chipset, and it did nothing. The program just hung. Uninstalled afterwards.

Virtual Router is just a GUI for netsh wlan set hostednetwork

DeaGrimm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
setup1.gif looks wierd. it sends data, but gets none.

Too bad I can't look over your shoulder, so I can see what your 3DS is doing when connected.
You are a nzone user, right?

If I knew how to do that I would, because every 2 minutes or so that adapter disconnects and reconnects the data transfer restarts. If it's sending my 3DS gaming data ~ whatever, however it's sending other kinds of data... *shivers*

I'm looking up how to "clean up" my network profiles/preferences to see maybe if I wipe them out and start anew I can get something else, more reliable than nzone.exe, to work.

DeaGrimm,Soluna switch to BASE16 like
nzone start BASE16
nzone reload
Starr nintendo zone app on 3ds, is it connecting?
Wait 30 minutes and check BSSID was changed, check nintendo zone app again.

Yes, the nintendo zone icon flashes, I get spotpass notifications but no street passes.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
A cycle is 8 hours / 256 = 112,5 seconds?
Considering the time until the 3DS picks up the connection, downloads streetpass data and so on, this is a really narrow timeframe.
Somehow local 3DS access that homepass connection one after the other. I have checked that a lot by using a network sniffer.
How can I change that, so it takes like 5 minutes before the next cycle?

However right now, I am trying to setup a Homepass by using an old D-link DWL-G122 on my Win7 Machine.
Problems so far:
MAC spoof impossible, maccheck.cmd just goes all ERROR ERROR on me
nzone can't even run: Kaspersky blocks it after download and if I disable Kaspersky, nzone.exe just crashes with an KERNELBASE error.
I have Windows 7 32-bit Home Premium

Either it's the driver (microsoft, wat you do) and every download I found is broken or this Wifi-Dongle is just too shitty/too old to work with.
After 2 hours work on it i just lost the mood about getting this abomination to work.

You could try Connectify, but only the premium version will do what you need, also this ripoff just seem to use the same method as hostednetwork/Virtual Wifi,
using their own drivers (if those are really THEIR drivers) .
I tried Connectify on an laptop with Atheros Chipset, and it did nothing. The program just hung. Uninstalled afterwards.

Virtual Router is just a GUI for netsh wlan set hostednetwork

1. With linux/router host even 1 minute delay works fine for sure. In Windows I've got about 30+ seconds from the mac change to the actual streetpass data exchange (don't remember was it with Broadcom 43xx or new Intel 4960AGN). Though it may vary with different drivers you can always a) use BASE16 to get 30 minutes delay OR change the launch delay time for nzone job in the windows task scheduler (unlike all other methods nzone.exe is not working while waiting for the next mac change)
2. Show me the output from maccheck, if it have no any, show me output for
wmic nic get index,macaddress,pnpdeviceid /format:csv

Soluna Yes, please send it!

RemixDeluxe you do not need any additional software other than nzone.vbs for 3DS fw upto 9.2 or nzone.exe for 3DS fw 9.3 and above

puxxi2003
ifconfig eth1 down
ifconfig eth1 hw ether $new_mac
ifconfig eth1 up
can be combined in one line:
ifconfig eth1 down hw ether $new_mac up

Reactions: puxxi2003

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
DeaGrimm The icon will flash for any AP with predefined Nintendo Zone SSID, that means nothing! You must launch the Nintendo Zone application and be able to connect and get content, that is THE ONLY way to check internet connection is working and able to get streetpasses - not the flashing Nintendo Zone app icon or Internet icon. I suspect you have configured a connection in 3DS settings for ConsoleNintendo3DS, am I right?

Syphos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If I knew how to do that I would, because every 2 minutes or so that adapter disconnects and reconnects the data transfer restarts. If it's sending my 3DS gaming data ~ whatever, however it's sending other kinds of data... *shivers*

Valid stuff would be DHCP, DNS, a connection to nintendo on port 80 and several other nintendo connections on port 433 aka SSL.
But each of those connections return data.
You *could* get this and look into that data on that particular networkadapter. This way you can monitor, whats the 3DS is doing on that connection.
But w/o experience all that stuff can be overwhelming -> Your face: :blink: then :unsure: then :wacko:

If you were the one with only a single Wifi, you have to use nzone thanks to that hostednetwork you have to use.
(I already lost track who has what setup, i really have to take notes) -_-
IF there was another way to have that setup, I'd gladly tell you... :lol:

BTw, has the connetion for ConsoleNintendo3DS a IP set like 192.168.137.1?
If all fields are blank, your 3DS probably doesn't get an IP or can't even access the internet.
Need to read your previous postings again, but I don't have much time right now. Later.

1. With linux/router host even 1 minute delay works fine for sure. In Windows I've got about 30+ seconds from the mac change to the actual streetpass data exchange (don't remember was it with Broadcom 43xx or new Intel 4960AGN). Though it may vary with different drivers you can always a) use BASE16 to get 30 minutes delay OR change the launch delay time for nzone job in the windows task scheduler (unlike all other methods nzone.exe is not working while waiting for the next mac change)

So I have to setup nzone as a scheduled task, huh?
The command for that cronjob would be
nzone.exe BASE16
right?

I need to get nzone.exe working first. :wacko:

2. Show me the output from maccheck, if it have no any, show me output for
wmic nic get index,macaddress,pnpdeviceid /format:csv

I'll post that later. I am about to do reallife stuff. Sunday Funday ;)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Syphos nzone.exe/nzone.vbs makes it all with nzone start <list_name>, including scheduled tasks job which normally is called every minute and the actual delay is calculated be the nzone itself, so not every lauch will trigger MAC chage. But you can alter the job to get longer delay if you wish.

DeaGrimm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DeaGrimm The icon will flash for any AP with predefined Nintendo Zone SSID, that means nothing! You must launch the Nintendo Zone application and be able to connect and get content, that is THE ONLY way to check internet connection is working and able to get streetpasses - not the flashing Nintendo Zone app icon or Internet icon. I suspect you have configured a connection in 3DS settings for ConsoleNintendo3DS, am I right?

I change the ssid of the internet connection in the setup of the 3ds when I run nzone.exe

Attachments

• setup05.gif
    setup05.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 223

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I change the ssid of the internet connection in the setup of the 3ds when I run nzone.exe

Which MAC list are you using?

Upd: You scanned network bbsids, I asked for the hostednetwork virtual AP ssid:
netsh wlanb show hostednetwork
i.e. you listed MACs of nearby access points, while we need the mac of your own virtual AP.

DeaGrimm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Which MAC list are you using?

Upd: You scanned network bbsids, I asked for the hostednetwork virtual AP ssid:
netsh wlanb show hostednetwork
i.e. you listed MACs of nearby access points, while we need the mac of your own virtual AP.

You asked for the BSSID, I googles find+BSSID and this (netsh wlan show networks mode=Bssid|findstr BSSID) is what came out.

Befuddled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
setup1.gif looks wierd. it sends data, but gets none.

Too bad I can't look over your shoulder, so I can see what your 3DS is doing when connected.
You are a nzone user, right?

Yeah, DeaGrimm is.

Don't know if this helps, but the connection sending packets but not receiving anything was always exactly what happened when nzone.exe would stop working for me, and would only work again when I'd tell duke and he'd reset that server cache. :\

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You asked for the BSSID, I googles find+BSSID and this (netsh wlan show networks mode=Bssid|findstr BSSID) is what came out.

So make sure there is NO connection profile configured in 3DS settings for ConsoleNintendo3DS SSID, run nzone.exe start BASE256 and check BSSID value in the output for
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
Is it clear now? :)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah, DeaGrimm is.

Don't know if this helps, but the connection sending packets but not receiving anything was always exactly what happened when nzone.exe would stop working for me, and would only work again when I'd tell duke and he'd reset that server cache. :\

Forced cache cleanup is run at 0:00 UTC every day for data older than 1 day, so maximum wait time may be 24 to 48 hours. But cache stuck issue may occur only on PC stopping during MAC change sequence.

lucky644

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Yeah not sure why mine takes so long, it's hosted on a windows 7 laptop, it takes 3-5 minutes before my 3ds's exchange streetpass data. They connect within 10 seconds of the mac change but the data just isn't sent until 4-5 minutes for some reason.

I will take a look at the windows task scheduler for nzone, can it be adjusted on the fly while the script is running?

When I downloaded nzone there was no documentation with it. What mac set does GBATEMP use? I saw someone mentioning it.

Only commands I've seen are start, stop, reload, base16, base256, gbatemp

Everything is still running smooth though, still get tags on every mac change.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My nzone just stopped working out of no reason. I'm not getting any streetpasses any longer. What could have changed?

DeaGrimm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
[
So make sure there is NO connection profile configured in 3DS settings for ConsoleNintendo3DS SSID, run nzone.exe start BASE256 and check BSSID value in the output for
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
Is it clear now? :)

I deleted 3DS connection (even though it would not enter the internet w/ the SSID wrong) and I did this in the cmd prompt:
Code:
C:\>netsh wlan start hostednetwork
A rede hospedada foi iniciada.

C:\>nzone.exe start BASE256

C:\>netsh wlan show hostednetwork

Configurações da rede hospedada
-----------------------
    Modo                  : Permitido
    Nome do SSID              : "ConsoleNintendo3DS"
    Número máximo de clientes  : 100
    Autenticação        : WPA2-Personal
    Codificação        : CCMP

Status da rede hospedada
---------------------
    Status        : Iniciado
    BSSID                  : c4:17:fe:76:db:e2
    Tipo de rádio        : 802.11g
    Canal                : 11
    Número de clientes  : 0

~~~~~~~~~ after making and eating dinner (dunno how long that took) ~~~~~~~~~~

C:\>netsh wlan show hostednetwork

Configurações da rede hospedada
-----------------------
    Modo                  : Permitido
    Nome do SSID              : "ConsoleNintendo3DS"
    Número máximo de clientes  : 100
    Autenticação        : WPA2-Personal
    Codificação        : CCMP

Status da rede hospedada
---------------------
    Status        : Iniciado
    BSSID                  : c4:17:fe:76:db:e2
    Tipo de rádio        : 802.11g
    Canal                : 11
    Número de clientes  : 0

lucky644

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I had a look at the nzone in task scheduler. It says it is set to repeat every 1 minute. But I'm running the base16 script that cycles the mac every 30 minutes.

Is this not where the setting is to adjust the mac cycle time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With a key tied to it