Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, scratch that, I was able to get my wifi dongle to stop making the computer bluescreen. However, when I ran maccheck.cmd it just gave me a row of zeroes which would seem to indicate it cannot work with changing mac addresses.

However, I know I've seen reference to finding a way to make these atheros cards work with homepass. Can someone point me in the direction of that? Do I need a specific driver? I have the latest 'official' driver for my dongle. (It's a TP-Link TL WN722N)

It seems to work with spillpass, so your best option would be to set up a deban virtual machine, but if you are unfamiliar with linux it might not be so good. By the way, after much testing, the same setup WON'T work under virtualbox, so anyone wanting to use a virtual machine + dongle should use vmware player (I wish I had known earlier). The virtual machine approach has the advantage that your pc still has internet access when changing mac addresses, which is nice, on the downside a virtual machine solution takes up resources, my current setup takes about 200 MB ram (theorically, task manager shows less than 100 mB), and very little CPU; ad installation is a 1,12 gb file (the debian install) + the ~200MB vmware player installation takes.

I think it is a good windows solution for those with dongles, but weights a little. Here's a guide for your debice on debian (note that the repositories it lists aren't for latest debian (jessie)): http://elinux.org/RPi_Peripherals#Wireless:_TP-Link_TL-WN722N_USB_wireless_adapter_.28Debian_6.29

On the other side, I forgot to add the SSID name to my randomizer output file, might upload a 0.1b version later.

UPDATE: Randomizer 0.1b
Code:
*CHANGELOG:*
·0.1b:
   - Added option -as to add specified SSID to output file. Use "-as tab" to use
    tabulation instead of spaces for separation.
Example:
4E53504F4F4F NZ@McD1 --> with -as
4E53504F4F4F       NZ@McD1 --> with -as tab

Attachments

• NBAhomepassRand_0.1b.rar
    32.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by suloku,

Gligli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright, so not sure if anyone else has yet or not, but I upgraded to Win10 and now my 3DS won't connect to internet anymore through the PC Homepass. It connects to Nintendozone just fine so nzone.exe is working as intended, but no internet flowing through. I added to the firewall inbound/outbound bypass and tried disabling firewall all together and still a no-go.

Everything was working without a hitch on Win 8.1. Not a huge deal, but wanted to know if anyone else has run into the same or similar issues after upgrading to Win10.

You're not the only one to face this problem. Everything was working wonders with nzone until I upgrade to Win10 and get the exact same symptoms as you. ConsoleNintendo3DS shows connectivity since the Nintendo Zone banner glows on my 3DS, but doesn't receive nor send packets + top-left corner of 3DS top screen stays gray instead of going blue like it used to go as soon as I launched nzone.
NBAHomePass works randomly but is still able to receive packets.

If anyone could write a new guide dedicated to homepassing under Windows 10, I'm sure it would help a lot of people.

Dalrint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to work with spillpass, so your best option would be to set up a deban virtual machine, but if you are unfamiliar with linux it might not be so good. By the way, after much testing, the same setup WON'T work under virtualbox, so anyone wanting to use a virtual machine + dongle should use vmware player (I wish I had known earlier). The virtual machine approach has the advantage that your pc still has internet access when changing mac addresses, which is nice, on the downside a virtual machine solution takes up resources, my current setup takes about 200 MB ram (theorically, task manager shows less than 100 mB), and very little CPU; ad installation is a 1,12 gb file (the debian install) + the ~200MB vmware player installation takes.

Okay I am honestly completely unfamiliar with linux, but looking through what you said, do you think that the vmware tutorial earlier in the thread would get this working? I'm not really worried about resource costs, this would be something I would turn on and off as I wanted it.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not the only one to face this problem. Everything was working wonders with nzone until I upgrade to Win10 and get the exact same symptoms as you. ConsoleNintendo3DS shows connectivity since the Nintendo Zone banner glows on my 3DS, but doesn't receive nor send packets + top-left corner of 3DS top screen stays gray instead of going blue like it used to go as soon as I launched nzone.
NBAHomePass works randomly but is still able to receive packets.

If anyone could write a new guide dedicated to homepassing under Windows 10, I'm sure it would help a lot of people.

I found an old post I made on GlacierGaming mentioning removal of all old SSID's in the registry and removal through device manager that worked a while back. I've also done all of that and still a no go this time around. I'm sunk (again).

D

Deleted User

I think it is a good windows solution for those with dongles, but weights a little. Here's a guide for your debice on debian (note that the repositories it lists aren't for latest debian (jessie)): http://elinux.org/RPi_Peripherals#Wireless:_TP-Link_TL-WN722N_USB_wireless_adapter_.28Debian_6.29

On the other side, I forgot to add the SSID name to my randomizer output file, might upload a 0.1b version later.

UPDATE: Randomizer 0.1b
Code:
*CHANGELOG:*
·0.1b:
   - Added option -as to add specified SSID to output file. Use "-as tab" to use
    tabulation instead of spaces for separation.
Example:
4E53504F4F4F NZ@McD1 --> with -as
4E53504F4F4F       NZ@McD1 --> with -as tab

If you change the SSID, you will not get any streetpass.

Dalrint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I am thinking I might change this entire hassle and try one of the hardware methods. How is the spillpass/raspberry pi2 method working right now? Can I just buy the hardware necessary (I think it'll run me about 80 dollars total) and set it up and it should work?

Tired of staring at my wifi settings in a kind of dull hate.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
If you change the SSID, you will not get any streetpass.

The changes where focused on the list managing puroposes, since I was messing with my virtual machine, needed to add ssid to the list for my script to work, 256 manual adds were too much, I did it with excel and replace, but I thought that I might as well put it in my program, making my life a little easier.
But now that you mention it, why is nbahomepass using ConsoleNintendo3DS ssid? Does that mean we can only encounter nbahomepass users? I've read about the topic, but I still don't seem to grasp it (http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Nintendo_Zone)

By the way, can someone test these two locations? I can't seem to get relays from them

Game Store, Tarragona, Spain --> checked this one this afternoon and at least the wifi network was running. Couldn't test with 3ds though
SSID: NintendoSpotpass4
BSSID: 00:1d:aa:83:d2:1c

Game Store, Castellon de la Plana, Spain
BSSID: 00:1d:aa:83:d1:cc

Okay so I am thinking I might change this entire hassle and try one of the hardware methods. How is the spillpass/raspberry pi2 method working right now? Can I just buy the hardware necessary (I think it'll run me about 80 dollars total) and set it up and it should work?

Tired of staring at my wifi settings in a kind of dull hate.

I can upload my debian machine with the installed drivers for your dongle. Vmware player is free and you can test. It should be pretty straightforward. I'll need your 3ds mac address (and any other devices you want to be able to connect to the access point), or you can add them yourselve if you aren't afraid of command line. I'm gonna check how much it wheights compressed, I think it's only 200 mB. Only login and write nzone and it should work if your dongle is picked as wlan0 (i tried another dongle and was assigned wlan1... too bad the dongle didn't work)

Edit: your drivers for debian (well, firmware, driver should come with debian) https://wiki.debian.org/ath9k_htc

The virtual machine is 260mB compressed, I might upload and make a tutorial or something... but I'd like to install to it all dongle firmwares that spillpass uses, I don't know if there's a list

Last edited by suloku,
D

Deleted User

The changes where focused on the list managing puroposes, since I was messing with my virtual machine, needed to add ssid to the list for my script to work, 256 manual adds were too much, I did it with excel and replace, but I thought that I might as well put it in my program, making my life a little easier.
But now that you mention it, why is nbahomepass using ConsoleNintendo3DS ssid? Does that mean we can only encounter nbahomepass users? I've read about the topic, but I still don't seem to grasp it (http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Nintendo_Zone)

By the way, can someone test these two locations? I can't seem to get relays from them

Game Store, Tarragona, Spain --> checked this one this afternoon and at least the wifi network was running. Couldn't test with 3ds though
BSSID: 00:1d:aa:83:d2:1c

Game Store, Castellon de la Plana, Spain
BSSID: 00:1d:aa:83:d1:cc

I can upload my debian machine with the installed drivers for your dongle. Vmware player is free and you can test. It should be pretty straightforward. I'll need your 3ds mac address (and any other devices you want to be able to connect to the access point), or you can add them yourselve if you aren't afraid of command line. I'm gonna check how much it wheights compressed, I think it's only 200 mB. Only login and write nzone and it should work if your dongle is picked as wlan0 (i tried another dongle and was assigned wlan1... too bad the dongle didn't work)

Edit: your drivers for debian (well, firmware, driver should come with debian) https://wiki.debian.org/ath9k_htc

The virtual machine is 260mB compressed, I might upload and make a tutorial or something... but I'd like to install to it all dongle firmwares that spillpass uses, I don't know if there's a list

I use the ConsoleNintendo3DS because windows does not allow to create an unsecured hotspot. ConsoleNintendo3DS is password protected unlike some others.
The users will be only able to receive streetpasses from that SSID, we cannot make a relay differently on windows. The key is not shared for some obvious reasons.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I knew you couldn't use netsh to configure it without password, but I didn't know there's no way to do it.

D

Deleted User

Okay here is NbaHomePass v1.0 !

• Fixed MACs list, fixed timestep and fixed reconnection delay removed.
  • Usage of a custom MACs list in a file added.
  • Usage of custom timestep and custom reconnection delay added.
  • Shuffled MACs option added.
  • Possibility to manually skip a MAC address added.
  • Improved display of informations.
  • Download and save the following file : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59471794/NbaHomePass.exe to the desired location
  • Open Start => Accessories => Command Prompt <Right-click> => Run as administrator
  • Then, in the Command Prompt you just opened, execute :
    • <Path of the folder containing the file>\NbaHomePass.exe <FILE> <SHUFFLED> <TIMESTEP> <DELAY>
      • FILE : name of the file containing all the MAC addresses (in the same folder as NbaHomePass)
      • SUFFLED : true/false if you want to shuffle the MAC addresses
      • TIMESTEP : time between two addresses changes, in seconds
      • DELAY : reconnection delay, in seconds
  • The program will execute, then it will show you the informations and options that will be used.
  • If you disagree the configuration, just close the Command Prompt and launch again with different options. If you agree the configuration, just press Enter.
  • The program will now change the MAC address every TIMESTEP second(s), if you want to skip a specific address just press Enter and the program will use the next address.
  • When you want to stop the cycle just close the Command Prompt.
Here is a basic file containing 256 MAC addresses : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59471794/BASE256.txt

The program works on my pc but you might find some bugs, if a bug occurs, notify me.

Reactions: xrM

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

• Download and save the following file : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59471794/NbaHomePass.exe to the desired location
  • Open Start => Accessories => Command Prompt <Right-click> => Run as administrator
    • <Path of the folder containing the file>\NbaHomePass.exe <FILE> <SHUFFLED> <TIMESTEP> <DELAY>
      • FILE : name of the file containing all the MAC addresses (in the same folder as NbaHomePass)
  • The program will execute, then it will show you the informations and options that will be used.
  • If you disagree the configuration, just close the Command Prompt and launch again with different options. If you agree the configuration, just press Enter.
  • The program will now change the MAC address every TIMESTEP second(s), if you want to skip a specific address just press Enter and the program will use the next address.
Here is a basic file containing 256 MAC addresses : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59471794/BASE256.txt

The program works on my pc but you might find some bugs, if a bug occurs, notify me.
Wow, nice new version!:yay:

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country

Great update, thank you very much! By the way, what was the reconnection delay used in 0.3? Just to know as reference.

For anyone who used it, here's the content of the prior BASE16:
Code:
4E53504F4F4F
4E53504F4F4E
4E53504F4F4D
4E53504F4F4C
4E53504F4F4B
4E53504F4F4A
4E53504F4F49
4E53504F4F48
4E53504F4F47
4E53504F4F46
4E53504F4F45
4E53504F4F44
4E53504F4F43
4E53504F4F42
4E53504F4F41
4E53504F4F40
I put it all in a convenient zip file, I hope you don't mind

EDIT: I made a batch file using autoit and rbtray that launches the program and automatically docks it to the tray, if anyone is interested I can upload. It only needs a shortcut to the batch file to execute it with admin rights (on windows one can't execute a batch file under admin rights, but one can make a shortcut to it and give the shortcut admin rights). Also checks if nbahomepass is running, if it is it does nothing.

Attachments

• NBAHomepass_1.0.zip
    24.9 KB · Views: 15,886
Last edited by suloku,

Gary The Great

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.animecourtyard.com
XP
Country
Mexico
i downloaded the NBAHomePass and i get a "an error occurred while trying to open the mac list" maybe i am not typing this right, anyone have an example of how the options should be writen or what i did wrong? (running windows 10)

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
If nbahomepass.exe and the mac.txt file aren't in the same directory you have to type the whole path to mac.txt file, ie:

If the files are at "c:\homepass\*.*", then in admin rights command prompt you do:
Code:
cd c:
cd c:\homepass
nbahomepass.exe base256.txt 300 10
or
Code:
c:\homepass\nbahomepass.exe c:\homepass\base256.txt 300 10

xrM

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks for your hardwork! Btw how should the MAC address be generated? Can they be completely random or must certain portions be fixed for streetpass to work?

AmberRei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have windows 10, and I tried to use NbaHomepass Randomizer v0.1 by suloku. This is the result: it changed some macs but eventually didn't work anymore(it said something like "the adapter is taking too long to connect to the internet, aborting"). Also, the virtual connection didn't have internet in Ipv4 (but my 3ds DID detect internet, despite it not working when I opened the browser or something similar). I didn't get any streetpasses anyways, for the brief time it managed to work. I'm attaching some pics(sorry, Italian OS). Sidenote: when I still had windows 7, I just used nzone.exe and it worked like a charm. Any advice?
Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_4.png

Damian666

Coder from Hell
Trophies
Website
damian666.16mb.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have the same thing with normal nba homepass, it seems it wont reconnect on window 10 after shutting it down, i just made a little script that checks if its off, and switches it back on.

but it should be done by the program itself...

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If nbahomepass.exe and the mac.txt file aren't in the same directory you have to type the whole path to mac.txt file, ie:

If the files are at "c:\homepass\*.*", then in admin rights command prompt you do:
Code:
cd c:
cd c:\homepass
nbahomepass.exe base256.txt 300 10
or
Code:
c:\homepass\nbahomepass.exe c:\homepass\base256.txt 300 10
The mac can't change automatically.
the adapter should restart when start this app, right?
v1.0 doesn't work on my win8.1...back to use your randomizer.

AmberRei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The mac can't change automatically.
the adapter should restart when start this app, right?
v1.0 doesn't work on my win8.1...back to use your randomizer.

Mine does change with the randomizer, but I noticed my "consolenintendo3ds" virtual router connection doesn't have internet flowing through ipv4, as you can see from my previous post's pics. Also, it eventually aborts...

Screenshot_7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4