image-jpg.21941

StevenSeegal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Big picture
Are you perhaps using an old (disabled by Nintendo because they wanted to get rid of the relays) SSID to connect to?
I suggest to take a look at page 10 and do the setup like posted to see if the problem still occures. It works here.

Attachments

• nzone.jpg
    nzone.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 193

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you perhaps using an old (disabled by Nintendo because they wanted to get rid of the relays) SSID to connect to?
I suggest to take a look at page 10 and do the setup like posted to see if the problem still occures. It works here.
I haven't connected to a relay yet, but I will go through the instructions and see if my windows 8 will work with either of my wireless adapters

StevenSeegal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I haven't connected to a relay yet, but I will go through the instructions and see if my windows 8 will work with either of my wireless adapters
I think that's it. Nintendo Zone should only work while connected to a hotspot providing it.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of vmware player is needed to run the custom debian virtual machine? I have version 6.0.7 and I get an error saying the config file is incompatible with the current player.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I now have my relay running on windows 7 but i have some issues.
1. I have not recieved a streetpass yet using MacCycle v2 and ssid attwifi.
2. when the hostednetwork is reset internet connection sharing stops working between my recieving wireless adapter and my soft ap.
the only good news is that i can get internet through my 3ds.
please provide assistance if possible.

EDIT: I figured out how to stop ics from stopping, but still clueless to why i'm not recieving streetpasses.

Last edited by rondoh70,

StevenSeegal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I now have my relay running on windows 7 but i have some issues.
1. I have not recieved a streetpass yet using MacCycle v2 and ssid attwifi.
2. when the hostednetwork is reset internet connection sharing stops working between my recieving wireless adapter and my soft ap.
the only good news is that i can get internet through my 3ds.
please provide assistance if possible.

EDIT: I figured out how to stop ics from stopping, but still clueless to why i'm not recieving streetpasses.
Try "NZ@McD1" as SSID. Had a lot of trouble with attwifi too.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found my issue. The mac changer wont change the mac of the att/nz hotspot, but does change the mac of my unused "Wi-Fi" adapter, despite having setting the changer to change the ap's mac.
Edit: I now believe it is the 3ds that has the issue. I have set up my iphone with a modified mac and an attwifi/NZ@McD1 ssid, but the 3ds drops the connection as soon as the lid is closed and no streetpass is recieved.

Attachments

• network.png
    network.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited by rondoh70,

Fitzzy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

After few days my homepass is up !
With the nzone app on windows 8.1 with the internal wifi card of my laptop. (Disconnect when the MAC change, but it's reconnect automaticaly).

But i must disable all of other connections card in windows (Bluetooth, ethernet, etc...) except wifi card.

The Nintendo zone app is up and i can connect to it. (In France)

When the contry code will be included into the windows script ?

Sorry for my poor english :(

Thanks a lot for yours tutorials ! :bow:
You make my day :grog:

EDIT1 : My 3DSxl is on 9.9.0-26E

Last edited by Fitzzy,

ProfChaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I just wanted to post my own easy to edit script for DD-WRT and it should be basic enough to work on other WRT routers without much alteration. It can be run as a startup script when placed on storage accessible to the router such as on jffs, usb, network share etc. I run it on startup with the command ".//opt/homepass.sh /opt/homepass.sh &". If you wish to add more macs just add them to the bottom and update MACS with the new amount. By default this script runs every 20 mins. Be sure to set both execute and write permissions.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
SCRIPTLOCATION=$1
LASTMAC=1
MACS=16
STARTLINE=27

startMac=$(sed -n -e '3 s/^.*\(LASTMAC=\)//p' $1)

if [ "$LASTMAC" = "$MACS" ]; then
    startMac=1
else
    let "startMac+=1"
fi

sed -i.bak "3s/.*/LASTMAC=$startMac/g" $1

loadMac=$(($STARTLINE+$LASTMAC))
macAddr=$(sed -n "$loadMac"p $1)

nvram set wl0_hwaddr=$macAddr
nvram set def_whwaddr=$macAddr
nvram commit

sleep 1200
reboot
exit 0

4E:53:50:4F:4F:40
4E:53:50:4F:4F:41
4E:53:50:4F:4F:42
4E:53:50:4F:4F:43
4E:53:50:4F:4F:44
4E:53:50:4F:4F:45
4E:53:50:4F:4F:46
4E:53:50:4F:4F:47
4E:53:50:4F:4F:48
4E:53:50:4F:4F:49
4E:53:50:4F:4F:4A
4E:53:50:4F:4F:4B
4E:53:50:4F:4F:4C
4E:53:50:4F:4F:4D
4E:53:50:4F:4F:4E
4E:53:50:4F:4F:4F

tranxuanthang

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't do that with my Windows 8.1's laptop. When I check status of Local Area Connection *3, ipv4 is: no internet access (or: no network access). Wi-Fi is shared connection to that Local Area Connection *3
When I did linux instruction in Fedora, after run "wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP" with root access, it said "System not supported".

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just discovered why I'm having these apparently low passes: when I change my wireless adaptor mac to 4e:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx the virtual network is set to 2e:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx. apparently this wasn't a problem since more people seem to have this problem (including NBA_Yoh) and are streetpassing with those macs.
But if I set my adaptor to 2e:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, then the homepassing hotspot becomes 3e:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (again, people are streetpassing in this macs, less people I think, but they are). What I haven't found is a way to make my homepassing hotspot use the 4e:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx adresses (which the major homepass community is using), but it should be possible since it can be either 2e or 3e... any clues?

Anyway I've just realized that I have an openWRT compatible router lying around, so I'll take my chances with it and see if I can get this working (better than using the laptop). I wonder, can one have to streetpass relays running at the same time? Does that mean double passes or the DS just pics one?

EDIT: I've been trying to make the openWRT work, but seems like my router can't have multi SSIDs, so I have to connect it to my internet router trough ethernet cable, then broadcast the nintendo zone, but for some reason I can't make the openWRT router have internet access over the ethernet cable... any clues? Google searching didn't help or what I find is too inespecific/complicated to get a solution
EDIT2: seems like the router itself doesn't have internet connection, but the created access point does and streetpass is working!

Both homepass2.sh and homepass.sh from here (https://github.com/Nephiel/openwrt-homepass) are working fine, but homepass.sh can have mac-ssid pairing, which seem good as I can add my local nintendozones (I sniffed the AP name and mac adress, but still haven't tried them).

Last edited by suloku,

Fitzzy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
After few days the nzone.exe have a problem.
When i launch nzone.exe i have to uncheck and check the share option on my WiFi card for having streetpass and nintendo zone app.

And the nzone.exe doesn't rotate MACs...

Do you have an idea to fix that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun