Status
Not open for further replies.

Igettäjä

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Could be that your 3DS doesn't have access to the internet at all. You can check this directly on the home menu. In the upper left corner of the upper screen, there is a box for the connexion. If it is light blue and says "Internet" you're good. If it is not, you may want to see if your Wireless Network Connection is shared with Wireless Network Connection 2. Right-click on the first to open the Properties, then go to the Share tab.

You have to share the connection of the parent adapter with the virtual adapter.

I had completely missed that part. Now I have shared the Internet connection from Wireless Network Connection to Wireless Network Connection 2. As can be seen:

1.PNG

2.png
nw2.png

The virtual network has Internet access, too.

When I start NbaHomePass.exe, it takes about 30 seconds for the 3DS to notice that there is an Nintendo Zone nearby. Also, the connection in the left corner of the upper screen says "Internet". I left my 3DS in sleep mode and the HomePass running for an hour, so about 30 MAC address changes there. The problem is, well... still no StreetPasses. :( When I start the Nintendo Zone, I get an error again. A different one, though:

problem.png

Just to be clear:

• I have NO saved connections in my 3DS
  • I have performed the MAC Check and confirmed that my wifi adapter does indeed have the ability to change the MAC address
  • I've temporarily disabled my antivirus, so it isn't interfering with this
Any help?

iMethos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had completely missed that part. Now I have shared the Internet connection from Wireless Network Connection to Wireless Network Connection 2. As can be seen:

1.PNG

2.png
nw2.png

The virtual network has Internet access, too.

When I start NbaHomePass.exe, it takes about 30 seconds for the 3DS to notice that there is an Nintendo Zone nearby. Also, the connection in the left corner of the upper screen says "Internet". I left my 3DS in sleep mode and the HomePass running for an hour, so about 30 MAC address changes there. The problem is, well... still no StreetPasses. :( When I start the Nintendo Zone, I get an error again. A different one, though:

problem.png

Just to be clear:

• I have NO saved connections in my 3DS
  • I have performed the MAC Check and confirmed that my wifi adapter does indeed have the ability to change the MAC address
  • I've temporarily disabled my antivirus, so it isn't interfering with this
Any help?

Igettäjä,

From how my setup is you should have the lan connected and share with connection with wireless connection 2, your wireless network connection should be disconnect as the program uses that to change the mac address and will disable and enable it when it changes.

I'm using that setup and running the nzone.exe app and I've been getting streetpasses. Hope this will help you out

Reactions: Igettäjä

Ritster21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NbaHomePass.exe is so weird. Everytime I wake up, I get streetpasses for about 2 hours. Then, it just stops working. I let a couple of hours pass, and then it works again for about 2 hours.

Why does it only work for 2 hours at a time?

Also, it changes Macs way too slowly. Every 5 minutes. It should work like Nzone.exe where it changes Macs every 2 minutes.

Overall, fix this weird "only works for 2 hours at a time" and please make Macs change quicker.

Other than that, it works great. Unlike Nzone.exe which worked for about a week, and then stopped working and has never worked ever again for no reason, NbaHomePass has been doing its job for about 4 days now. About 2 hours at a time of course.

pattosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Igettäjä,

From how my setup is you should have the lan connected and share with connection with wireless connection 2, your wireless network connection should be disconnect as the program uses that to change the mac address and will disable and enable it when it changes.

I'm using that setup and running the nzone.exe app and I've been getting streetpasses. Hope this will help you out
I also use my ethernet connexion for internet connexion sharing. But I don't think it makes much difference in the end.

Igettäjä, you can monitor you PC's hosted network by running the following command as an admin from time to time:
Code:
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
You'll see your current MAC address and those of the devices connected to this hostednetwork. When Internet shows on your 3DS, its MAC address should show up in the command return.

I cannot tell for sure why you had this error message. I'd say you may have opened the Nintendo Zone app at the same time as the MAC address of your WIFI adapter was swithed, meaning a temporary disconnection. But this is mere guessing.

Reactions: Igettäjä

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
NbaHomePass.exe is so weird. Everytime I wake up, I get streetpasses for about 2 hours. Then, it just stops working. I let a couple of hours pass, and then it works again for about 2 hours.

Also, it changes Macs way too slowly. Every 5 minutes. It should work like Nzone.exe where it changes Macs every 2 minutes.

Overall, fix this weird "only works for 2 hours at a time" and please make Macs change quicker.

Other than that, it works great. Unlike Nzone.exe which worked for about a week, and then stopped working and has never worked ever again for no reason, NbaHomePass has been doing its job for about 4 days now. About 2 hours at a time of course.
Most likely because the script cycles 16 MACs over the course of 2 hours. The 3DS only accepts a MAC every 8 hours, so if you use them up in 2 hours, you'll have to wait at least 6 hours, then you can use the first MAC again.

Ritster21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely because the script cycles 16 MACs over the course of 2 hours. The 3DS only accepts a MAC every 8 hours, so if you use them up in 2 hours, you'll have to wait at least 6 hours, then you can use the first MAC again.

Maybe. But I use BASE256.

Damian666

Coder from Hell
Trophies
Website
damian666.16mb.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am sorry but, less is the key known, better the situation is.
k, fair enough mate, a guy can try :P

on a different note, could ya fix the reconnect on windows 10? manually entering the cmd works fine.

for some reason, the wifi doesnt connect after re-enabling the adapter, so i have to use netsh wlan connect name=thuis1
to get it going O.o

so perhaps you could detect the wifi name, and then let the prog connect it after switching macs?

just a thought...

pdensco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
So, for all Windows users who can't use native Windows method (nzone.exe/nzone.vbs) but have a separate USB wireless adapter for homepass:
1. Download and install VMWare Player
2. Download and decompress a Debian image with hompass preconfigured (nzone linux script)
3. Plug your USB wireless adapter
4. Click on the Homepass.vmx to run virtual machine
5. In VMWare player menu select Player - Removeble Devices - <Your wireless adapter name> - Connect (Disconnect from host)
6. If you was not quick (most probably) then virtual machine is already booted without wireless interface properly initialized, so just click Player - Power - Reset
You should not preconfigure any of access points as only open SSIDs are used and WPA security is not enabled

by USB wireless adapter you mean wifi adapter?

Ritster21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sorry but, less is the key known, better the situation is.

pattosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
k, fair enough mate, a guy can try :P

on a different note, could ya fix the reconnect on windows 10? manually entering the cmd works fine.

for some reason, the wifi doesnt connect after re-enabling the adapter, so i have to use netsh wlan connect name=thuis1
to get it going O.o

so perhaps you could detect the wifi name, and then let the prog connect it after switching macs?

just a thought...
Isn't that for you to set? I don't know about Windows 10, but in Windows 7, when you open the Properties of a network (right click on the network name), there is a Connection tab and a Security tab. In the Connection tab, there is a checkbox for "Connect automatically when network is in range"

RJCline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i got my homepass to work a long time ago with Nzone.exe method and now I seriously cant get it to work for anything. These are my steps... if im forgetting something please let me know.
im on a wired connection and use a wireless dongle that passes maccheck.
I run maccheck and everything works fine then i open CMD which is located in my C Drive and type nzone.exe start BASE16 and it keeps saying msxm13.dll and IDK why.
I dont even see a Local Area Connection in my network connections for some reason. Can someone help please and ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up