Votes: 426 36.4%
  • A pony with a wifi antenna O.o?

Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

I can only if I define my own password and set it up on the console...

By the way, the Internet connection wasn't shared by my parent adapter, but by my ethernet connection. Anyway, it doesn't do much difference when I switch from one to another.

If I run Nintendo Zone after the icon is highlighted, the in-app connection attempt returns error code 003-1105 (Unable to communicate with access point).

Can the script be character set dependent (especially for inputting the password)? I believe our command line windows run with the same character set, but just in case chcp returns 850 to me.

Mmh...it seems that the uploaded file was not updated on time, it should be good now. You can try the new executable and see if it works.

pattosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unfortunately, there is no improvement.
The version that I downloaded hasn't changed (v0.3).
I didn't check previous MD5 but current is aa4ec69d0ecf00c52a655a7682f7367c

themysticalone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nba_Yoh, I haven't tried your version yet, but could there be an optional parameter to add a delay between when it does the mac change and when the hostednetwork is started? I use the same wireless card as my internet connection and as my "nzone" and at least for my card, if the hostednetwork is started before the card is reinitialized with the new mac, the card wouldn't bother grabbing an internet connection. AS delay of 15-20s generally allows for this to all be peachy, based on my testing with the original WPA'd attiwifi method that worked with older firmwares.

D

Deleted User

Nba_Yoh, I haven't tried your version yet, but could there be an optional parameter to add a delay between when it does the mac change and when the hostednetwork is started? I use the same wireless card as my internet connection and as my "nzone" and at least for my card, if the hostednetwork is started before the card is reinitialized with the new mac, the card wouldn't bother grabbing an internet connection. AS delay of 15-20s generally allows for this to all be peachy, based on my testing with the original WPA'd attiwifi method that worked with older firmwares.

There is already a delay but it is constant, I will add an optional parameter if the delay too small.

hopkins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there!
So i've got here by the faq of the nzone.exe app that i've recently started using.

I'm using it with my piracy free New 3DS with 9.7 - all works well, streetpasses like a charm.
But i'm having problem with my o3DS with 4.4 Palatine CFW that my gf uses to play. It's having web connection fine, nintendo zone app pops out, but the only streetpass it's getting is with my New3DS. Allready tried changing method, ssid, and all other stuff with no luck.

So, the palatine cfw is problem in this, low firmware, or something else? Any method working to het sp hits on 4.4 fw?
Please help, she would love to have some streetpasses herself.

Thanks! :)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi there!
So i've got here by the faq of the nzone.exe app that i've recently started using.

I'm using it with my piracy free New 3DS with 9.7 - all works well, streetpasses like a charm.
But i'm having problem with my o3DS with 4.4 Palatine CFW that my gf uses to play. It's having web connection fine, nintendo zone app pops out, but the only streetpass it's getting is with my New3DS. Allready tried changing method, ssid, and all other stuff with no luck.

So, the palatine cfw is problem in this, low firmware, or something else? Any method working to het sp hits on 4.4 fw?
Please help, she would love to have some streetpasses herself.

Thanks! :)
I've heard that NZones are introduced in 7.0.0 firmware...

hopkins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hard to say 'cause i don't know that. But i don't belive it's it. Both are having the same popup on upper screen and everything. The o3DS was never above 4.4 too.

kantaris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, someone with my problem! Maybe it can somehow get sorted out now. On the glaciergaming tutorial page, one guy posted that he had gotten the ADODB.Stream "error." He stated that routers have a maximum number of simultaneous connections they are allowed to entertain at once, and that in his experience with that message, rebooting the router fixed the issue. That has not been the case with me. I have also looked through all of the menus on the router several times looking for a way to reset or change concurrent connections, and could find nothing. The number of connections listed on my "internet sessions" tab on my router suggests that if there is a max number, it is entirely possible I have reached it.

Alright, I have made some progress on this.....kinda.

I REALLY want to rule out my ISP (Verizon FIOS) and their equipment (Actiontek something).....because.....I have a SpillPass Pi running at my house. Plugged directly in to the Actiontek modem/router (right in to the switch port on the unit, no other hardware inbetween) using the same Linksys wifi adapter that was working on my other computers.

I am kinda perplexed at this point. Laptop works at my office, take it home, ADODB.Stream. Bring it back to work, no issues.
Both desktops that worked prior are giving ADODB.Stream.

Raspberry Pi comes in to the house, 0 issues, both of my 3DS's are getting streetpasses (new and old models both on different firmwares)

This is kinda frustrating for me.

More details as they happen.

Falco20019

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it currently possible to use the NintendoZone to get bonus content? I configured my Mac to use the MAC Address 00:15:63:A5:B3:EA with the Name NZ@McD1 and without security (the exact same setting like the original from where I fetched the configuration...). I can see the german page with the Puzzle & Dragons content, but I get an error message that I can't access the content from here. When using the ConsoleNintendo3DS Access Point using my Windows Laptop and the nzone.exe, I only get forwarded to the general getting started page for europe. Presumably because the name ConsoleNintendo3DS belongs to NOE and not germany specifically. So for me, it looks like the name of the access point determines what content (or NZone) to load and the mac address determines if it is in the correct region. But there has something I'm doing wrong since I don't get the content...

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Is it currently possible to use the NintendoZone to get bonus content? I configured my Mac to use the MAC Address 00:15:63:A5:B3:EA with the Name NZ@McD1 and without security (the exact same setting like the original from where I fetched the configuration...). I can see the german page with the Puzzle & Dragons content, but I get an error message that I can't access the content from here. When using the ConsoleNintendo3DS Access Point using my Windows Laptop and the nzone.exe, I only get forwarded to the general getting started page for europe. Presumably because the name ConsoleNintendo3DS belongs to NOE and not germany specifically. So for me, it looks like the name of the access point determines what content (or NZone) to load and the mac address determines if it is in the correct region. But there has something I'm doing wrong since I don't get the content...

From my experimentation with with getting content from the zones, you would need to change your Nintendo Network ID country to Germany in order to access the bonus content. Unfortunately, this isn't possible, Nintendo doesn't allow you to change your country. You need to jump through so many damn hoops with them. So sadly, this isn't possible at the moment (as far as I know).

Falco20019

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
From my experimentation with with getting content from the zones, you would need to change your Nintendo Network ID country to Germany in order to access the bonus content. Unfortunately, this isn't possible, Nintendo doesn't allow you to change your country. You need to jump through so many damn hoops with them. So sadly, this isn't possible at the moment (as far as I know).
I am from germany and this is the access point from my local McDonalds where I normally get my content from. So this should not be the problem.

Account: German
AccessPointName: NZ@McD1
Security: None
MacAddress: 00:15:63:A5:B3:EA

I also tried another one from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvvH5W4E2lIwdEFCUkxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE#gid=3 but the problem is the same. Other combinations with mac addresses from US McD show the same message. If I use other SSIDs, I don't get into the german NZone.

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
I am from germany and this is the access point from my local McDonalds where I normally get my content from. So this should not be the problem.

Account: German
AccessPointName: NZ@McD1
Security: None
MacAddress: 00:15:63:A5:B3:EA

I also tried another one from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvvH5W4E2lIwdEFCUkxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE#gid=3 but the problem is the same. Other combinations with mac addresses from US McD show the same message. If I use other SSIDs, I don't get into the german NZone.

Sorry, been a long day, didn't read your message properly :P All NZones connect to a central server which then diverts the app to a specific content site based on which SSID you connected via (zone001.nsp.nuserver or something like that, I can't remember) and each one hosts different information. I checked this by watching the limited DNS logs I have on my network. NZ@McD1 diverts you to the third content site (003) if I recall and will do a check based on your NNID country. It's possible it also does an IP check too to make sure that you're accessing it from a legit NZone and not a home zone. As I live in South Africa and we have no NZones out here whatsoever, I can't do a thorough investigation. Last time I tried I lost all my save data :(

Are you using XZone to set up a relay on your Mac or just Internet Sharing and ifconfig? Can you send me a "screenshot" of the error you get on your DS when you try access the zone?

iMethos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know answering all these Homepass setup issues can be a pain. But I'm stumped, I've tried the different methods, when i try to run the nzone.exe BASE 16,256 I get a .dll popup, When I try to rune the nbahomepass.exe BASE16/256 I get the "The parent adapter of the Virtual Wifi Adapter is disabled or not connected to the internet!". I've tried the VM method as well and doesn't work either. In my connections I get the NZ@McD1/attwifi and the ip4 shows internet I can connect with the 3ds and it flashes between Streetpass,Enabled,Internet but the Nzone nvr gets the blue box around it. If anyone if able to help I'd greatly appreciate it

Attachments

• homepassnet.jpg
    homepassnet.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 341

lessthancake

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello. First of all- sorry for my bad English.

I have a USB- N53- Asus N600 adapter and tried the new homepass guide.
It won`t work for me, but theres a guy who left a comment in the youtube video:

Andy Au
Works great! Had to edit the 70-persistent.net.rules file and remove my regular WiFi network to prioritize the new one, but just got 6 new Passes!
edit: using the ASUS USB-N53 adapter if anyone is wondering

What doe`s that mean? Is this for linux only? I`m a linux noob... So is it possible to get the homepass work with my adapter in windows?

Hope somebody can help me ;)

Greetz from Austria

D

Deleted User

I know answering all these Homepass setup issues can be a pain. But I'm stumped, I've tried the different methods, when i try to run the nzone.exe BASE 16,256 I get a .dll popup, When I try to rune the nbahomepass.exe BASE16/256 I get the "The parent adapter of the Virtual Wifi Adapter is disabled or not connected to the internet!". I've tried the VM method as well and doesn't work either. In my connections I get the NZ@McD1/attwifi and the ip4 shows internet I can connect with the 3ds and it flashes between Streetpass,Enabled,Internet but the Nzone nvr gets the blue box around it. If anyone if able to help I'd greatly appreciate it

If you got "The parent adapter of the Virtual Wifi Adapter is disabled or not connected to the internet!", you have to check that the wifi adapter you use to setup the virtual adapter is connected to the internet.

ika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Yoh,
I seem to be having the same exact issue as pattosai detailed over the last two pages, using both nzone.exe and your homepass script posted on the last page. Has there been any progress in diagnosis of what the problem is?

Ackis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to figure out what the current status is - I looked at the first page and it says it still works, but after looking through the scripts it doesn't seem anything really changed.

My script still changes the MAC address, but I'm not getting any hits. Last I looked was because of the wireless security settings, which I assume is still true but the first post implies that it's a bit different.

Sorry for my ignorance.

Igettäjä

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I created a program, similar to the duke's one, to fix the BSOD error with Atheros based cards on Windows.

Here are the instructions :

- download and save the following file : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59471794/NbaHomePass.exe to the desired location
- open Start => Accessories => Command Prompt <Right-click> => Run as administrator
- then, in the Command Prompt you just opened, execute :
<Path of the folder containing the file>\NbaHomePass.exe BASE256 (or BASE16)

The program will then execute itself, when it will ask you, press any key and the homepass will start.
If you want to stop the program, you just have to close the Command Prompt.

I will implement scheduled task in the future to make the program more independant.
I hope it will help some of you.

THANK. YOU. YOU ARE MY GOD.
Been trying this whole day to get the HomePass work... got several BSOD's and it even went worse than that... eventually I got a BSOD every time I turned my computer on. Luckily, I managed to get rid of that by booting Windows 7 with last known good configuration through Boot Manager. I had followed the instructions here, but always got a blue screen after inputting the command "nzone.exe start BASE16/BASE256". Then I found your message. And BOOM, it works!

2OJGAdM.png

The program seems to be working, because my 3DS tells that there is a Nintendo Zone nearby:

zcLJVGN.png

...but. I've kept the HomePass on and my 3DS's lid closed for an hour now, but still no StreetPasses. Does this mean that the problem is on Nintendo's side or they have disabled the service temporarily? Or am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: