Hacking How to fix HowardC Tools when tries (and fails) to install any other different non-HowardC program

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello, community.
I'd like to show you how to fix HowardC's Tools when if opening one of the tools, it just tries (and fails) to install any other different non-HowardC program.
I had the same problem, but in my case the program is trying 'install' is Autodesk AutoCAD 2015.
To fix this problem, try this!

(LAST UPDATED 05-06-2020)
  1. First, go to Control Panel, then in Programs, and click in Programs & Features.
  2. Go to the program that shows the error (in sks316's error, the program is Strongvault Online Backup), then select Repair (not all programs have the Repair function, if the program doesn't have it, then go to 'Uninstall or change', and in the next screen, choose 'Repair' or 'Reinstall').
  3. Follow the instructions shown in the screen to repair the involucrated programs that generates the error.
  4. When it's repaired or reinstalled, you will need to restart the PC to apply the fix to the program.
  5. Once you had restarted your PC, try running again the HowardC's tools.
I tried this and it worked! Hope this will help you too!
NOTE: Also check if you have installed the Microsoft ActiveX Control Pad correctly. To install it, google it and download the setuppad.exe file. (Or you can go to the following link: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...nstall/4.0.0.950/win98mexp/en-us/setuppad.exe)
To install Microsoft ActiveX Control Pad, you must run the installer in Windows 95 compatibility mode.
For run the setuppad.exe file in compatibility for Windows 95:
  1. Right-click in the setuppad.exe file and then go to Properties.
  2. Click in the 'Compatibility' tab.
  3. In 'Compatibility Mode', check the box in 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'.
  4. In the system box, click in it and choose the Windows 95 option.
  5. When configured, click in the 'Apply' button, and then click in 'OK' or 'Accept'.
  6. Run the setuppad.exe normally by double-right clicking the file and install the Microsoft ActiveX Control Pad.
  7. When finished installing, open again the HowardC tools normally. You must see the HowardC tools working with normally.
Also check if you have installed the Microsoft Forms 2.01 plug-in on your PC correctly. To install it, google 'microsoft forms 2.01' and download the installer or go to this link: https://ro.softpedia-secure-downloa...bad19/100089056/software/PROGRAMMING/FM20.zip

The Visual C++ Redistributables MUST be installed in order to work, otherwise it will have issues, go here to download an all-in-one pack: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Signatures-Updates/Visual-C-Runtime-Installer.shtml#download

This Visual Basic 6.0 Runtime Plus (Extended Runtime) must also be installed: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vb6extendedruntime/

Also check out if you have registered the comdlg32.ocx, comctl32.ocx and mscomctl.ocx files. For do that:
  1. What you need to do is download the "comdlg32.ocx", "comctl32.ocx" and "mscomctl.ocx" files (just google it) and then place the file in C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
  2. Now run CMD as administrator and type in "regsvr32 %Systemroot%\System32\comdlg32.ocx" (without quotes) and hit the Enter button.
  3. Example: regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\comdlg32.ocx
  4. When a message pops up indicating that the comdlg32.ocx file were registered successfully, close the message.
  5. Now type in "regsvr32 %Systemroot%\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx" (without quotes) and hit the Enter button.
  6. Example: regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx
  7. When a message pops up indicating that the comdlg32.ocx file were registered successfully, close the message and the CMD.
  8. Repeat the previous steps for register the mscomctl.ocx and comctl32.ocx files, entering in the CMD:
  9. regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\mscomctl.ocx
  10. regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mscomctl.ocx
  11. regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\comctl32.ocx
  12. regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comctl32.ocx

Feel free to say me if this worked and have a nice day! :) :)
SaulFabre
PS: If you still need help about fixing HowardC's tools, you NEED to see this attached file below:

Attachments

• IMPORTANT - How to fix HowardC Tools.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 292
Last edited by SaulFabre,

BHRundas10410

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre Hi. I'm trying to fix the vcbrlyt editor in HowardC's Tools. I went through all the steps, including registering the 3 files you mentioned in the guide, and I'm met with this error when launching the setuppad.exe and this error when I try launching the vcbrlyt program. Could you tell me if I'm doing anything wrong?

Attachments

• Howard C Tools error.PNG
    Howard C Tools error.PNG
    6.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Setup exe error.PNG
    Setup exe error.PNG
    6.2 KB · Views: 52

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1