Gaming How to exit a game on NDS

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this seems like a ridiculous question.
But how on earth do you exit a game on NDS?
I have to keep turning the unit off at the power switch which can't be doing it any good at all.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Welcome, my good sir, to the world of the Nintendo DS. Enemy of the lazy...

Seriously, you only have to turn it off and back on again.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no way to exit, you have to just turn the unit off.

There is a way to reset if you've got a flash cart that supports reset, but that's not always reliable and will depend on which flash cart you've got.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
There is no way to exit, you have to just turn the unit off.

There is a way to reset if you've got a flash cart that supports reset, but that's not always reliable and will depend on which flash cart you've got.

But even if there was a reset it would take the time it takes to turn it off and back on again to reach the menu.
lecture.gif

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But there's the possability of messing up the game when you reset. I did when I was playing Phoenix Wright then reseted to play Kirby: Canvas Curse. When i started the game, I couldn't see the line that was drawn by the stylus. Now I just turn it off and on to switch.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Blimey Charley, you fellas are quick, and helpful.
smile.gif

I thought you would tell me to 'do one' for being so thick (and a girl
ohmy.gif
)

I have an R4 DS, I don't even know if I have set it up right.
I got everything, the NDS, the R4 DS, games etc new today.

I tried some of those combos mentioned above but they don't work. I must be doing them wrong.

R+L means press the direction button on the left of the console, in the centre correct?

Help, I don't even know how to adjust brightness or themes with this R4DS thingymajig.

But I love the NDS it's brilliant, wish I'd bought one ages ago.

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
R+L means press the direction button on the left of the console, in the centre correct?

L = Left Trigger
R = Right Trigger

QUOTEHelp, I don't even know how to adjust brightness or themes with this R4DS thingymajig.

Press L Trigger or tap the sun icon in the top left corner of the touch pad to switch brightness levels when you're in the R4 menu.

fenthwick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be able to do a soft reset on a R4 you have to enable it. When you choose the game button there will be two small icons on each upper side of the lower screen. A sun(use the L trigger to switch between 4 brigtnesses) and a circle with an R(use R trigger to turn on/off soft reset).

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
To be able to do a soft reset on a R4 you have to enable it. When you choose the game button there will be two small icons on each upper side of the lower screen. A sun(use the L trigger to switch between 4 brigtnesses) and a circle with an R(use RÂ trigger to turn on/off soft reset).

OK so I can change the brightness now. But not by using any buttons, it won't work I have to tap the icon with the stylus.
So thanks
smile.gif

The R icon can be changed from red to green. again only using the stylus. So it is already on green.

Now I don't understand how I a supposed to press down on both L and R unless I press the button centrally, can someone clarify please.
Is the L+R the button located on the left of the console (called the control pad in the NDS instruction manual), yes or no?
If no where is it please?

Thanks for the help.

And to those who keep saying just turn it off and on, it's bad to cold boot it, so I want to avoid this.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
L = Left Trigger
R = Right Trigger

These are the located on the shoulders.

Oh dear
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif

In my defence, I put a silicon skin on it the second I got it out of the packet.
So when I was turning it every which way to find these mythical L and R thingys they were hidden under the silicon skin.
And it's not on the diagram in the instruction booklet. (Well Ok it's on the upside down view on the 2nd page).
Like I was going to look at that.
wtf.gif

Just tried pressing L+R and xyab and it does work now.
You guys are geniuses.
It's really quite difficult to press xyab all at the same time with a small thumb.

Anyway ta very much, and is the most non damaging way to do it then?

Hit start to get to the game menu
then do the L+R abxy simultaneous button press to get to the R4 DS menu?

EDIT @SAM
I downloaded the latest firmware v1.11

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really, the DS is meant to be turned off at any time. The only time you could damage it with a sudden poweroff is if you do it when a game is in the middle of saving, and then the only damage is that your save file might be corrupted. The reset feature is more of a convenience, not really a "safer" way to poweroff. You don't even have to enter to game's Start menu first. Just reset whenever and choose a new game to play.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just waiting for a guy to post "so, ar u teh hot?"
tongue.gif
No one would do that, all the boys here are sweet innocent things.
biggrin.gif

Besides I don't speak text speak.
tongue.gif

Oh and Wolfsclaw,
You don't perchance know from where I can obtain an Ärzte skin for the R4 do you?
shy.gif

I have googled but to know avail, failing that, Rammstein or Wizo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...