Hardware Bad performance on DS lite with Twilight menu++ & NDS bootstrap. Ace3DSX Cart.

Blocksmith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically I’m not getting the best performance on some games. I switched to twilight menu++ because I like it more than the ace3ds version of wood, twilight menu looks better and has some awesome built in features that I would like to use. I understand that I can go back to the original, but I don’t really want to. I’m trying to find a way to fix this. Any suggestions would be helpful.

So far I’ve heard that getting a ram expansion pack can help performance significantly on NDS-bootstrap, but I’m wondering what my options are for ram/memory expansion.

Questions I have:

if more ram is good option then are there any 3rd-party expansions with more ram than the official web browser one? Would this extra ram make a noticeable difference? And if 3rd party expansions are a good option/still exist, which ones should I get and where can I find them?

Last edited by Blocksmith,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the flashcard kernel to boot games, but still use TWiLight Menu++ as the GUI. Follow the flashcard loader steps in the TWLMenu++ flashcard install guide.

Blocksmith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the flashcard kernel to boot games, but still use TWiLight Menu++ as the GUI. Follow the flashcard loader steps in the TWLMenu++ flashcard install guide.
Yeah I saw that in the guide. If nothing else works then I’ll definitely do that 👍. But I would love to use nds-bootstrap if possible, it’s nice having all of the extra features and the in-game menu. The way it manages save files is also nice. Would a ram expansion help? Sorry if I seem like a noob, just recently learned about all of this stuff.😂

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I saw that in the guide. If nothing else works then I’ll definitely do that 👍. But I would love to use nds-bootstrap if possible, it’s nice having all of the extra features and the in-game menu. The way it manages save files is also nice. Would a ram expansion help? Sorry if I seem like a noob, just recently learned about all of this stuff.😂
RAM expansion would help for some games. If you get a Slot-2 flashcard such as the SuperCard MiniSD, DS games up to 32MB will run better. If you get the official expansion pak though, then only games up to 8MB will run better.

Blocksmith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RAM expansion would help for some games. If you get a Slot-2 flashcard such as the SuperCard MiniSD, DS games up to 32MB will run better. If you get the official expansion pak though, then only games up to 8MB will run better.
Alright, thanks! I might grab a SuperCard then. Been needing a GBA flash card anyways. Do you know of any other options/versions that would fit flush with a DS lite?

Edit: I think I found one for the Ds lite. Thanks for all the help!

Reactions: RocketRobz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto