A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada
Not at all, I got both versions and I much prefer the PC version. I find the PC version to be superior mainly because of the 60 FPS support, the Wii U version runs at 30 FPS, and even then it suffers from some serious FPS drops (it can drop down to around 20 in some stages).

The game is not even able to run in 720p, which I find very ridiculous, it's a lazy port. On top of that, there are no facial expressions on the characters on the Wii U version, which makes them look dead inside.

The online multiplayer is also dead on the Wii U, while there are still frequent players online on the PC. I regret buying the Wii U version first before getting the PC version.

Agreed. The PC version is definitely far superior in performance (as in the frame rate being a smooth 60fps). Both versions and the Xbox 360 version do have custom characters, although the consoles get more of the avatars and miis, whereas the PC version has some more interesting exclusives, such as Team Fortress (Pyro, Heavy and Spy), General Winters and other big characters. At least the Wii U version has Metal Sonic packed in for free.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Ha! And they're going to release an actual fast mode later this month. ^_^

I like to think I contributed to it with all this complaining and sending them emails to make the karts fast in "Mario Kart 9".

Awesome news.

Now if they release a fix for battle mode, I probably won't need to buy MK9 (but I still will).

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I suck. My 9 year old had to help me gold 150cc.
150cc isn't actually hard, just make sure you have a shell/banana on your back always and you're good to go, well, also make sure to drift always for those mini-boosts (plus the shortcuts).

It's a bit annoying that to hold the item on the back I've always gotta press L but whatever, better than getting hit.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Maps of all previous Mario Kart games
- All vehicles of MK's series and this includes the Double Dash
- Double drivers again as it was in Double Dash
- Hold two items
- Voice chat
- Balanced CPUs
- Mirror at the top to see the opponents
- First person view / cockpit view (it was possible in MK7 so bring it back)
- Make the karts actually feel fast!
- Battle mode needs to have real battle tracks than racing tracks (MK8's Battle Mode is so bs!)
1. I'd love to see some more DD vehicles
2. Still mixed on this.
3. This
4. Please stop with the voice chat. Yes, I get it that you can mute everyone/turn it off. It's pointless and I never played online on my 360 as I can not afford Gold. Which no voice chat = full concentration. Plus, I can skype just fine while on Mario Kart 8 Wifi.
5. Sometimes the CPU can be unfair. Then again, I am very good at Mario Kart 8.
6. That's what the "Y" button is for.
7. I did not care for that feature
8. They do seem fast on 150cc.
9. This

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
150cc isn't actually hard, just make sure you have a shell/banana on your back always and you're good to go, well, also make sure to drift always for those mini-boosts (plus the shortcuts).

I am still trying to figure out how not to slide sideways so much when I drift.

It's a bit annoying that to hold the item on the back I've always gotta press L but whatever, better than getting hit.
Thanks. Yeah I am probably to stingy with holding my items and dragging them. Starting to learn shortcuts more. I just suck at these new games in general, not enough experience and poor coordination. I am working on it. Trying to devote an hour a day to WII U and get a little N3DS time in, but it hurts my hands. :).

Never played smash before and it is just to damn complex for me. I am really trying hard to not hate it. I just need to play against the Cpu and not the kids. It made me so mad I even bought the Mayflash and 3 GC controllers to see if that would help. It hasn't. :(. Need to pick it up when they are asleep.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't even use shortcuts and I can kill 150cc against the CPU.

just proper drifting and holding shells to keep yourself safe is usually enough.

I imagine against real players, I'd get beaten though.

I think 200cc will be a different story though as 150cc does feel like my "limit". So I will need to probably up my skills and understandings of how the tracks work.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'd really like it if they brought back the unique items for characters that was in MKDD. It really helped diversify the roster where there is otherwise little or no difference between a lot of the characters apart from looks. Also, holding 2 items is something I miss from MKDD as well, it really came in handy so that when you get an item you don't need yet, you don't have to throw it away in order to pick up another one.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
1. I'd love to see some more DD vehicles
2. Still mixed on this.
3. This
4. Please stop with the voice chat. Yes, I get it that you can mute everyone/turn it off. It's pointless and I never played online on my 360 as I can not afford Gold. Which no voice chat = full concentration. Plus, I can skype just fine while on Mario Kart 8 Wifi.
5. Sometimes the CPU can be unfair. Then again, I am very good at Mario Kart 8.
6. That's what the "Y" button is for.
7. I did not care for that feature
8. They do seem fast on 150cc.
9. This

1. [DD Vehicles] - MK8 has quad vehicles so it wouldn't be much different.
  2. [Double Drivers] - It would only work if they'd bring DD karts to play.
  3. [Hold Two Items] - Indeed.
  4. [Voice Chat] - So you never got to try out voice chat and now that's a reason to not have it? Ridiculous. XBL Gold can be free too.
  5. [Balanced CPUs] - Sometimes, yeah.
  6. [Mirror] - Stop trying to defend Nintendo when other companies have implemented mirror ages ago.
  7. [First Person View] - Same as 6.
  8. [Fast karts] - Not they're not.
  9. [Battle Mode] - Agreed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-