Gaming How do you make title updates for skyrim apply

mickey131

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been trying for ages to do it I know how to put it on but when I go on my Xbox it still says the same version

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have a JTAG/RGH you can manually apply them to the xex file with xextool but nobody does this.

Anyway you download them and want to get them into either the hard drive cache directory or USB cache directory- the former will see you use something like Xplorer360 and rigging it up to a PC or FTP on a JTAG/RGH box* where the latter will need USB XTAF.

*you can also stick a normal hard drive from a stock console on a JTAG/RGH box and if you can get into FTP there then transfer stuff across.

I should note at this point though that some games (and especially ones like skyrim) can have several versions even within a region and within a language so make sure the title update applies to you version. As title updates are cumulative (title update 6 contains everything before it) and usually not that big I tend to take the shotgun approach and stick several versions on there but if you want ABGX360 will tell you what you have if it is burned (you can still get it otherwise but it is pain so back to shotgun).

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you should get silver if you can since it is free or use this site to download them. After downloading them follow the FAQ.
http://www.xbuc.net/

Also you should make sure the media ids are identical so the title update works. Since you might not be a pirate you won't be able to find the media id easily unless you dump the game or look at the disc which it should be there.

I usually transfer using xexmenu but this will work.

Update your XBOX 360 console to the latest dashboard version
Get yourself an usb stick with at least 1GB capacity
Format it as a XBOX 360 Memory Unit on your XBOX 360 console via 'Dashboard/System/Storage'
Connect your usb stick to your PC
On your pc, download XTAF (Latest Beta). Big thanks go out to Slasherking823 for this great app.
Run XTAF and click on 'File/Open Drive'. Now move to 'Cache Partition/Cache' and drag your update files into this folder. This will take some seconds.
Connect your usb stick with the XBOX 360 console
If you have a hard drive, open your Memory Settings and move the game title update to your hard drive, otherwise you are good to go

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rasas linked the site but among http://www.xbuc.net/?searchString=skyrim&asc=1&sort=mediaid should be what you want. There appears to be a selection of PAL and region free compatible ones and some of the versions have not been updated (I presume those are the non English ones but do not quote me on that).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Occasionally they do backfill ones they find that might be rare (Fable Halloween being a good example) but pick the biggest for your given media ID and you will probably get what you need. That would be a failing of Xbuc though that they can have things messed up like that (usually for a big game in English it will be up there in very short order).

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can check updates names via 360 content manager and other programs. They will sometimes have a number so you can compare which one is newest. If you still have trouble finding your media id the location on the disc it might be is the back else wise your going to have to dump the default.xex on the disc.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn I really wasn't thinking that much some updates need to be placed on content/0000000000000000/34F5B6C3/000B0000 to work. Also Skyrim's current TU is 8 so get that one.

Pretty much get silver if you can since it is free or find the media id which you can using abgx360, the disc or dumping it. Then use xbuc to download the TU and 360 content manager to check if it is 8 then transfer it to content/0000000000000000/34F5B6C3/000B0000.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la