skyrim/fallout DLC?

Latiodile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i recently got a copy of fallout 3 GOTY edition, and learned that there's a second disc with all the dlc, and that you can install the dlc on this disc to any system irrelevant of what version you have for the first disc

does that mean that there's either no license check or that i can just inject the dlc into an unmodded xbox 360 without the system or the game caring that i don't own them?
has anyone tried this? i remember having done something similar successfully by injecting hexic hd and dorito's dash of destruction without any drawbacks

for the record i own a digital copy of skyrim (came with my 360 when i got it forever ago) and a physical copy of the standard version of new vegas

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't quote me on this but as i could be wrong but I think you'd need both disc the GOTY editions came with. the system probably does some version check or something of that sort so the DLC disc content will only work with the game disc it ships with. on JTAG or RGH systems sure probably, but on a stock set up I don't think it would just work, you'd probably just need to try it and see.

Latiodile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
don't quote me on this but as i could be wrong but I think you'd need both disc the GOTY editions came with. the system probably does some version check or something of that sort so the DLC disc content will only work with the game disc it ships with. on JTAG or RGH systems sure probably, but on a stock set up I don't think it would just work, you'd probably just need to try it and see.
it would literally cost more to get a copy of the second disc of each than to buy the dlc individually lol, and i don't really want to risk it since this is my original xbox 360 and i still use it online regularly

but as far as i've read on some other forums, you could lend the dlc disc to a friend or something, have them install it, and use it just fine even if they don't have the ultimate/goty/legendary versions of the game, which makes me wonder if you could also inject the disc versions of these dlc and have them just work

unnecessary

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DLC on those discs is DRM free. You can even extract it and put it on any retail box with no issue.
I have done that myself in the past. There are a few games that have DRM free DLC versions Borderlands, Fallout, Oblivion,...

Reactions: ISO-Man

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, it works. I used to do this with burned discs as well. you can even copy and paste the content folder from the disc to the content folder of the internal hdd, if you have a jtag/rgh. the disc is just an installer that transfer that folder. there's only like one or two games that are entirely different with the installer. you can still install the content as you normally would with them, they just don't contain a content folder. there's no indexer on the 360, so it won't know the difference.

Reactions: ISO-Man

Latiodile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yep, it works. I used to do this with burned discs as well. you can even copy and paste the content folder from the disc to the content folder of the internal hdd, if you have a jtag/rgh. the disc is just an installer that transfer that folder. there's only like one or two games that are entirely different with the installer. you can still install the content as you normally would with them, they just don't contain a content folder. there's no indexer on the 360, so it won't know the difference.
i don't have a jtag/rgh so i was asking in case of an unmodded situation, i gave it a try last night and it worked with minimal issues, i had to delete the update files for skyrim and fallout, force it to redownload the updates and then it would stop freezing

the skyrim dlc is still full price so no way in hell was i going to pay for those when i've already bought them multiple times on other platforms smh

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't have a jtag/rgh so i was asking in case of an unmodded situation, i gave it a try last night and it worked with minimal issues, i had to delete the update files for skyrim and fallout, force it to redownload the updates and then it would stop freezing

the skyrim dlc is still full price so no way in hell was i going to pay for those when i've already bought them multiple times on other platforms smh
I know. that's what the first two sentences were addressing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.