Gaming HOW DO YOU FEEL AFTER NINTENDO'S E3 Presentation?

Did you like Nintendo's E3?

• YES- It was awesome

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • NO- It was Crap

Votes: 88 80.7%
  • I DON'T CARE- Then why am I reading this thread?

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters

Arwinger

Trophies
XP
Country
Nobody else is okay with a cartoony Metroid game because Metroid isn't cartoony, it's a game about a woman who was adopted by aliens after space pirates murdered her parents and who trained until she became a deadly bounty hunter with no feelings on a quest for revenge. That's not a cartoony woo-hoo feel-good kick-a-ball-around plot, that's pretty dark for Nintendo. They've done it once with Zelda and the series still hasn't recovered from its toony rut, now they're murdering their last mature IP and people are understandably upset.

This is exactly what I mean. You sound like my friend who was butthurt that Diablo III had cartoony graphics. It's supposed to be a fun spinoff. I highly, highly doubt it'll be a canon Metroid game. Do you hate Metroid Prime Pinball too cause it's not MATURE enough for you, buddy?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably the worst conference/direct to date
yes even worse then when they spent 30 mins demoing nintendo land

zelda triforce heros - we ask for a new zelda, no more ports and this is what we get?
starfox zero - game is unimpressive, looks like a cancelled gamecube game, complete with outdated graphics
mario maker - how many times are you gonna spend your direct time showing mario maker nintendo? its just a simple level editor which many games have now, nothing special just release it and move on
fe fates - a trailer and nothing more, still have no idea if its going to be on a single cart here
amiibos and skylanders - I didnt care about it, over priced poorly made physical dlc, 8bit mario amiibo was sorta neat I guess
mario tenis - great more mario spinoff's, just what we need
animal crossing wiiu - its a clone of mario party except there are no mini games, what the dam point?
animal crossing home designer - I dont care for this either, while I liked the regular animal crossing, this looks like crap
yoshi yarn - game is marketed towards 5 year olds with difficulty to match
metroid federation - what the hell did I just watch?
hyrule warriors - dynasty warriors reskin complete with repetitive gameplay, if you played one you played them all
m&l paper jam - I havent really gotten into a mario rpg since the gba one, but this one looks pretty good
xenoblade x - probably the only decent thing in the whole direct besides fe and paper mario x mario rpg, game looks good

and the puppets, yes nintendo we realize you need to entertain the nintendoyearolds watching, but it was unfunny and unneeded in the direct

Reactions: the_randomizer

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is exactly what I mean. You sound like my friend who was butthurt that Diablo III had cartoony graphics. It's supposed to be a fun spinoff. I highly, highly doubt it'll be a canon Metroid game. Do you hate Metroid Prime Pinball too cause it's not MATURE enough for you, buddy?
Pinball games are another beast - they have themes, but they're just that - themes. This is not pinball, this is a part of the series, spin-off or not. When people wait years for the next installment and this is what they get, I can see why they're disappointed. I personally wasn't disappointed with Diablo 3 and I don't think it looked cartoony, it was themed the same as ever - dark and grusome. This is a bit different.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Skylanders. Yay, I'm so excited I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Summary:
More 3DS games
More 3DS games
Two or three Wii U games
Woolly World
Animal Crossing spin-off no one cares about
Proverbial middle finger to Metroid fans
More 3DS games

LAME

Arwinger

Trophies
XP
Country
Pinball games are another beast - they have themes, but they're just that - themes. This is not pinball, this is a part of the series, spin-off or not. When people wait years for the next installment and this is what they get, I can see why they're disappointed. I personally wasn't disappointed with Diablo 3 and I don't think it looked cartoony, it was themed the same as ever - dark and grusome. This is a bit different.

Wouldnt you know it, this game is Metroid THEMED as well! It's a Metroid THEMED co-op shooter in the vein of Metroid Prime Hunters. Are you mad about the Metroid minigame in Nintendo Land too?

Reactions: the_randomizer

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wouldnt you know it, this game is Metroid THEMED as well! It's a Metroid THEMED co-op shooter in the vein of Metroid Prime Hunters. Are you mad about the Metroid minigame in Nintendo Land too?
Here's a thought - how about... Metroid Prime: Hunters 2 instead? Would that hurt? Do we have to spoil it with this cutsey robot business? Is it because it makes them save on models by making just one and re-skinning it? I'm not mad at the minigame because it's a minigame, it's supposed to look like a theme ride in the amusement park that is Nintendo Land. This on the other hand is what Spoony would call "betrayal", and it looks like garbage as well. The 3DS ran games like RE:Revelations and this is Nintendo's response? C'mon. Anywho, I won't judge a book by its cover and I'll either pick it up or try the demo, but my expectations are very low because frankly, it looks sub-par, like a cancelled DS project updated for the platform, and it shouldn't.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Foxi's a Sony fanboy, he'll carry on yapping about this until he's blue in the face, just ignore him ....like his comment about Mario Maker being a poor mans LBP, which is frankly hilarious....
It can be argued also that the 3DS just isn't the machine for the regular Metroid graphic style, perhaps due to the small screen, it being a busy pvp spinoff and all, or perhaps it's just doesn't have the oomph, especially being online - something Foxi's glossing over as per usual..... fact is, whatever the style, graphical or game itself, it still looked shite to me anyway....:lol:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Foxi's a Sony fanboy, he'll carry on yapping about this until he's blue in the face, just ignore him ....like his comment about Mario Maker being a poor mans LBP, which is frankly hilarious....
It can be argued also that the 3DS just isn't the machine for the regular Metroid graphic style, perhaps due to the small screen, it being a busy pvp spinoff and all, or perhaps it's just doesn't have the oomph, especially being online - something Foxi's glossing over as per usual..... fact is, whatever the style, graphical or game itself, it still looked shite to me anyway....:lol:
See above. The DS ran Hunters just fine, is it unreasonable to expect better from the 3DS? I don't think so. It would also be nice if you didn't call me a Sony fanboy when I'm only pointing out that the game looks garbage on a platform that runs RE: Revelations, MH3/4 and Xenoblade Yawnicles, a Wii game, perfectly fine.

Reactions: Mylink5

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair, Mario Maker is like the poor man's LBP. Little Big Planet presents ridiculous level creation abilities. I mean, you can make some incredibly complex levels out of everything they give you, even in the first game alone. Mario Maker will not be able to provide anywhere near the level of complexity. As well, LBP comes with a pretty nice single player mode each time that is both fun and challenging. In the end, Mario Maker is just one aspect of what many games offer as part of a package, and it is pretty disappointing.

As for everything you said about Metroid, if the DS could pull off Hunters, the 3DS could pull off a Metroid Prime styled title and not just a bland spinoff.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hell, I've seen full-blown FPS games made in LBP, engine-bending stuff, and it came with a campaign cause, y'know, it was a full game, not just a level editor.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't look at much of it, mostly what was posted as news on here. I was fine with the multiplayer Zelda and Star Fox. They look okay, I'll probably check them out. Any hype I felt for Nintendo was quickly replaced with frustration when I saw the new "Metroid".

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
very disapointed...

seriously. I think nintendo is diying.
no wait, they died since a good while now.

And this statement comes from a long-time nnintendo fan. I just... think I'm done with this company.

Dr Eggman

I am THE Eggman.
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo's E3 was so awesome, I literally bought myself a PS4! They are selling units. Just... not their own.

What a snorefest. Absolutely nothing interesting. Lunar Magic WiiU Edition Mario Maker is uninspired dribble that Nintendo's been trying to push for over a year now. StarFox Zero? I'm sure some people are happy; no interest. Oh woo hoo! Release an age old translated game that the community has been playing for years; patched; and even re-translated. Earthbound sells just cause. Never liked M&L so way to ruin Paper Mario for me (some will beg to differ).

And still no Plus/Pro/Gold Online membership? It would cost Nintendo next to nothing to throw together a NIDPro and dish out 2+2 virtual console games per month. No mention of a Club Nintendo successor either. I'm still a big believer that Nintendo should've still kept their big E3 presentations instead of switching to digital only. They just seem to be getting worse and worse every year.

Reactions: darkseekerliu

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The presentation was not very good. Many info we already knew. I feel like Nintendo has figured out that Amiibos are a Cash Cow. So I think they are only releasing more and more amiibos and just it. It was really a good chance to give to wii u a new breathe before NX but in my opinion they failed.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WiiU is getting Zelda, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade. What more do you guys want?

You forgot Fatal Frame. I'm more excited about that than anything else. Also, Zelda wasn't even mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up holding it back for their next console.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You know things are bad when it's 1AM and you're up watching the ubisoft presentation with ease...and watching the nintendo presentation (okay, okay: direct) at 6PM and pretty much falling asleep.

Okay, star fox looks sort of interesting, but nothing particularly new. But it all went downhill from there. Sure, it's understandable that they're focussing on the 3DS (which I don't even care enough about to buy a flashcard), but on the wiiu front, they managed to do less than nothing. Seriously: if you're not going to mention NX...DON'T FREAKING MENTION THE NX!

Zelda gets milked on the 3DS (2 new games, albeit a remake and a spin-off) and ignored on the wiiu. Perhaps they're thinking it balances out, but it actually is the worst of two worlds.

Anything new? Yes...AMIIBO'S! Apparently the extra stuff from the smash pre-vid wasn't enough, but they're bringing in that activision guy to showcase how awesome it is they're working with skylanders. OMFG!!!!! It's so incredibly super exciting...that I started playing some tablet games on the side. I nearly missed the one new announcement for the wiiu (that I know of): mario tennis.

...because there weren't enough Mario spin-offs or tennis games on the console to begin with.

The last thing I noticed was that the game was both very Japanese oriented (anime's all over the place) and yet had not a single mention of fatal frame or devil's third. I guess those games aren't going west anytime soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P