How do I use gamecube controller with wii games on vWii?

NiGHTS2002

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bigbadbosses.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask or already answered-I searched everywhere and I could not find something concise to see if this is possible, but how can I play games on vWii with a Gamecube Controller? I have the 4 port mayflash GC to Wii U adapter. Do I need a weird patch or something like that? Thank you if you can help and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask again

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has been asked here. The adapter is officially only supposed to work with Smash Bros U.

again like I said the Wii U GC adapter makes GC controllers into hid controllers...

the issue with Wii games is each game has its own controller code which means there is no universal way to patch all games

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CTGP supports the adapter. The official one and iirc the one from mayflash.

That's just one game. The link goes into detail as to why few patches exist. The only generic solution to be able to use a GC-style controller on any Wii game is to use one that plugs into the Wii remote.

the issue with wii games is each game has its own controller code which means there is no universal way to patch all games ovbiosuly wiiugc adapter works on nintendont because nintendont supports hid, if modders make games support hid them it will work, but no one will make a game per game hack on wii ever lol

NiGHTS2002

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bigbadbosses.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• mayflash.jpg
    mayflash.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 61

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazon or eBay have enough from this adapters ;)

That's nice but I'm not the one that needs help, stop quoting me so I don't needlessly get a notification. Thx.

Edit: Seems like you might mentally be a 12 yr old that doesn't like being corrected since you think I need to be tagged after I posted the above. Sorry you're hurt I had to correct your GC adapter post. Blocked.

CTGP supports the adapter. The official one and iirc the one from mayflash.

That was your first post. CTGP supporting the adapter was not the answer to OP's question which was: "How do I use gamecube controller with wii games on vWii?" The answer was in the thread I linked to. Which one of us posted the below again?

That's just one game. The link goes into detail as to why few patches exist. The only generic solution to be able to use a GC-style controller on any Wii game is to use one that plugs into the Wii remote.

Your original answer to OP's question once again was CTGP related, you didn't even know the Mayflash adapter existed until you read this post from that same thread I corrected you with:

Mayflash made an adapter that plugs into your wiimote and lets you use your Gamecube controllers, it works on Wii U and it mimicks the Wii Classic Controller, I have one. It's discontinued but you might be able to find one on Ebay.

Stop pretending you knew about the adapter, if you did you wouldn't have posted anything regarding the Mario Kart CTGP mod. You're shamelessly trying to take credit for other people's answers in that thread but I'm glad I was able to teach you something regardless. You know what your mistake was, own it. Now grow up and quit tagging adults with better things to do.

Last edited by raging_chaos,
  • Haha
Reactions: BaamAlex

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
That's nice but I'm not the one that needs help, stop quoting me so I don't needlessly get a notification. Thx.

Edit: Seems like you might mentally be a 12 yr old that doesn't like being corrected since you think I need to be tagged after I posted the above. Sorry you're hurt I had to correct your GC adapter post. Blocked.
Whatever your problem is...but okay. It's my mistake....somehow xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1