how do i unpack apk's for homebrew use on PSVita

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so with the vita android ports ex dead space how do i go about unpacking the said games APK file? and is there a default folder in the extracted APK i should look for the game assets i need to run it on the vita? (I'm asking where to look in the folder structure once i unpack it not where to dl them I've been here for 11 yrs and know how to follow rules)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't realize it was that easy. I've made apk files in windows and Linux, but I've never tried to extract one. Thanks for the info.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
APK's are just ZIP files disguised with an APK extension. The main diference is that APK's include digital signatures for Android to ID and install safely.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
APK's are just ZIP files disguised with an APK extension. The main diference is that APK's include digital signatures for Android to ID and install safely.
must be like a vpk with the vita. the ones I made for android use a folder called "res," which contains both the name and images of the apk, if that's even helpful. I'm not really sure how they're coordinated in the apk though.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
must be like a vpk with the vita. the ones I made for android use a folder called "res," which contains both the name and images of the apk, if that's even helpful. I'm not really sure how they're coordinated in the apk though.
An APK is a little more convoluted, because beside the resources, it includes ads (or related resources like links), something that a VPK doesn't. Also an APK is sometimes tied to a certificate that the developer uses to sign it, if we were to modify it and repack it again, the CERT would become invalid, as it's calculated when the APK gets created. That's how Android's PlayStore validates the APK's before installing them.

Reactions: godreborn

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I literally learned this a couple of months ago but it’s as simple as using winrar or 7z vpk files are exactly like apk files for android.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next