Hacking How do I run gba roms in the top screen?

lemmiwinks64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I have an R4 and an EZ Flash 3 in 1 coming in the mail in a few days or so, and I saw a video of a guy (JNGamer) who was playing a gba rom with that combination. He had the rom running in the bottom screen and said he didn't know if it was possible to get it running on the top screen. Is it possible to change which screen gba roms run on with Rudolph's program?

One other thing, if you remove the frame does it screw with the rom running properly?

Your help is greatly appreciated

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to go the NDS's internal memory and change it. Its the first icon and then you click the icon that looks like a GBA

butaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay so I have an R4 and an EZ Flash 3 in 1 coming in the mail in a few days or so, and I saw a video of a guy (JNGamer) who was playing a gba rom with that combination. He had the rom running in the bottom screen and said he didn't know if it was possible to get it running on the top screen. Is it possible to change which screen gba roms run on with Rudolph's program?

One other thing, if you remove the frame does it screw with the rom running properly?

I'm guessing you have never started your ds up with nothing inside of it and checked the settings? You can pick which screen you want gba games to run there.

lemmiwinks64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I'm guessing you have never started your ds up with nothing inside of it and checked the settings? You can pick which screen you want gba games to run there.

So the setting of which screen the gba games run on in the regular ds menu changes the screen a gba rom runs on if your playing through rudolph's program?

lemmiwinks64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to clarify something, if I want to remove the frame around the gba rom, do i delete an icon that looks like a gba? Or change something?

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend replacing it with a black image. That way you can just play the game once it's written on the cart in the 3-in-1 tool (without restarting the DS). Otherwise, the frame will be kinda messed up.

fuch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread helped me out. Don't know how I missed that bmp in the _system_ folder. It's black now
smile.gif
. Oh, and this tool (its 'save patch') helped get some games working on my 3-in-1 - like Yoshi's Island: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=532 I'm still wondering if I need to patch all my gba games?

DSGRIM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried this? i have the option to boot on the top screen on my DS but it still boots the slot 2 on the bottom screen.

DSGRIM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you boot a slot 2 on the R4 it auto boots on the bottom screen, I have it set to boot on the top screen though. (checked and tested today) still the same.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Odd, my M3 Simply obeys the setting, and the R4 should behave exactly the same way.

You are trying to boot a GBA game or a GBA flashcart, right? The G6 Lite, for example, always starts in DS mode if you start it with the boot slot 2 option, and its DS mode menu is always on the bottom screen.

If all else fails, you could try GBAswitch. It starts slot 2 in GBA mode, and it obeys the GBA screen setting (for me at least).

O.G

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Odd, my M3 Simply obeys the setting, and the R4 should behave exactly the same way.

You are trying to boot a GBA game or a GBA flashcart, right? The G6 Lite, for example, always starts in DS mode if you start it with the boot slot 2 option, and its DS mode menu is always on the bottom screen.

If all else fails, you could try GBAswitch. It starts slot 2 in GBA mode, and it obeys the GBA screen setting (for me at least).
My R4 also obeys it with my 3 in 1. I guess it's a random case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2