Hacking How do I make a retail .sav into a nand .sav?

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For some titles, it depends on the what the game is and how you played it before.

For example: Pokemon X played using Gateway classic mode will have a valid save that can be played after you dump the ROM. However, if you have Pokemon X that has been played only on a retail unit without the Gateway exploit, the save will always come up as corrupt no matter what you do.

Without knowing more specifics about what you are trying to dump, how you have played it before, etc, the amount of advice that we can give is limited to just generalities.

Oh ... Thanks for the precision of explanation

I have games, but the four I liked to play again in multirom are :

R.E Revelations
R.E Mercenaries
MGS 3D
Zelda Ocarina

These games I bought were all before the Gateway stuff. So no playing session on a EMUNAND or anything

EDIT : I will try launch them on Classic Mode and backup again the .sav and try again
EDIT 2 : Still Not Working after a saving state on EMUNAND =(
Maybe in the next days we will see a dev making a little soft for converting these SAV or a Gateway update recognizing them again ?

Wait N See ^^

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Holy Crap ! I just finished to join the file correctly and put it on my 3DS for testing and it took my save ^^
I don't know why it worked, maybe because of the Saving on Emunand with the retail before ?!
Don't know Really !

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard some reports of save game dumps working and some not......I tried dumping my LuigiDM cart and save and the save wouldn't work. I noticed the .sav file was only 128KB so I imagine that has something to do with it.

ome save tools would be great and in 'theory' some individuals in the scene know how to decrypt 2.0+ keyed saves but either they are blowing smoke or they won't share because they claim they don't want to aid cheaters.....umm sorry people that want to cheat can have at it with powersaves and retail games so why not let us hacker/modders have our damned save tools.....end rant

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have heard some reports of save game dumps working and some not......I tried dumping my LuigiDM cart and save and the save wouldn't work. I noticed the .sav file was only 128KB so I imagine that has something to do with it.

ome save tools would be great and in 'theory' some individuals in the scene know how to decrypt 2.0+ keyed saves but either they are blowing smoke or they won't share because they claim they don't want to aid cheaters.....umm sorry people that want to cheat can have at it with powersaves and retail games so why not let us hacker/modders have our damned save tools.....end rant

Hum ... I saw on 3ds essh that they indicate the .sav size. Every game have it's own save size
What's i'm figuring out now, is :

If I have a retail .sav and a .3DS game (retail bak) -> save corrupted
retail .sav and a .3DZ game (retail bak renamed to 3DZ) -> it's working

Let met test with my others backups so I can make a generality or create a tutorial

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have tried about 10 times with my copy of Mario Golf and the save keeps getting corrupt. It works fine for my other games though.
Your Mario Golf may be saved in a 128KB chip.
GW 2.2 save dumping doesn't support dumping 128KB saves.

groit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT WORKED

I renamed the ROM to *.3dz
Also, I deleted all the game-data aside from the .sav file.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Testing out my copy of Crush 3D...

I dumped both the game and save. Renamed the ROM to .3dz and put it in my Gateway. But the save is only 128KB (common for smaller 3DS games), and Gateway's saves are 512KB. I tried replacing the prenamed save (a bunch of numbers) with my 128KB save and it instantly got wiped.

Does anyone know a good way to do this now? Or can you basically not go from retail to Gateway without starting over? Not a big deal, I can swap between Gateway mode and Classic mode, but it would save me so much hassle if I didn't have to do that.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
We'll I have emailed gateway with suggestions for the saving mechanism, hopefully they will allow loading of smaller saves, but It might be a bit complexed and require another FPGA update so I'm not sure it would be high on their todo list

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Got it from other Forum :

But still we are having the save problem ^^
Did you ever merge the partial 3ds files? Im having trouble with mine. I opened command prompt, and it started off with "C:\Users\House>"
After that, I just copied the format above copy /b "file.3d0" + "file.3d1" "file.3ds"
Strangely, it no work :v
Of course I put in the file name in "file.3d0"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce +1