Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello
I don't know how it happened, but it looks like, when holding down a key on my keyboard, it acts like if I was pressing the key multiple times instead of "sending the command held key"
It may look like nothing, but in some situation, it's just really annoying.
For example, when holding backspace, well it deletes everything so fast that it makes me delete more than I should.
Also, in some games (Cyberpunk in this case), i have to hold tab to activate an interaction. But when I hold tab, it just keeps looping the beginning of the interaction, so I can't actually activate anything.

I've been looking on google, but couldn't find anything. There is an option to disable in Windows11, but it doesn't seem to appear where it says it should be.
I have a totally different option, somewhere else, about "ignoring repeated keys" but then gives me options for "how long before accepting repeated keys".

Are there anything else that I haven't though of?
Thanks

tofino

catch the wave!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Enable filter keys, and when you are at the menu with the "how long before accepting repeated keys", look below the seconds box and you will find a checkbox saying "ignore all repeated keystrokes."

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Enable filter keys, and when you are at the menu with the "how long before accepting repeated keys", look below the seconds box and you will find a checkbox saying "ignore all repeated keystrokes."
doesn't seem to work :(
filter keys are enabled
1705199898351.png

and the "ignore repeated keystrokes" too
1705199929449.png

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
god windows 11 is weird, over on windows 10 my settings look like thisView attachment 413804
I dont know if that can help, but if i activate the option "beep when keys are pressed or accepted", the beep will occurs everytime i press a key (any key), and will repeat rapidly if i hold the key down.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello
I don't know how it happened, but it looks like, when holding down a key on my keyboard, it acts like if I was pressing the key multiple times instead of "sending the command held key"
It may look like nothing, but in some situation, it's just really annoying.
For example, when holding backspace, well it deletes everything so fast that it makes me delete more than I should.
Also, in some games (Cyberpunk in this case), i have to hold tab to activate an interaction. But when I hold tab, it just keeps looping the beginning of the interaction, so I can't actually activate anything.

I've been looking on google, but couldn't find anything. There is an option to disable in Windows11, but it doesn't seem to appear where it says it should be.
I have a totally different option, somewhere else, about "ignoring repeated keys" but then gives me options for "how long before accepting repeated keys".

Are there anything else that I haven't though of?
Thanks
what OS?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I don't know if can be completely disabled but the time to wait before start repeating and the speed of repetition is setting up on control panel:

1705203462475.png

Windows+R control opens the old control panel.
Post automatically merged:

PS, you need to enable icons (large or small) to see the Keyboard applet:

1705203750147.png

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if can be completely disabled but the time to wait before start repeating and the speed of repetition is setting up on control panel:

View attachment 413805

Windows+R control opens the old control panel.
doesn't seems to work either :(
I can show you a sample of what's happening in game if you give me a moment

So, in the first few seconds, you cam see in the lower right corner that the animation is glitching if i hold the space bar (as they ask)
Next, in the tutorial, they ask me to "hold tab". When I do, this is what happens

Last edited by Noctosphere,
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
doesn't seems to work either :(
I can show you a sample of what's happening in game if you give me a moment

View attachment 413808
So, in the first few seconds, you cam see in the lower right corner that the animation is glitching if i hold the space bar (as they ask)
Next, in the tutorial, they ask me to "hold tab". When I do, this is what happens
Hum, the only advice I have is on the "Keyboard applet" you can test the windows setup, but the game can have a different use of the repeat. may be you can change the TAB association on the game.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hum, the only advice I have is on the "Keyboard applet" you can test the windows setup, but the game can have a different use of the repeat. may be you can change the TAB association on the game.
but as you can see, in the beginning of the video, it does the same with the space button

• Sad
Reactions: impeeza

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, I still don't know what the hell is happening.
I'm playing an indie game (Palworld) and even when moving (with WASD keys), it feels like I'm just spaming the keys, when in fact, I'm only holding it
My character makes a step, stop, makes a step, stop, makes a step, stop, in loop.
Could it be related to my keyboard?
To be honnest, I dont see such feature displayed on my keyboard :(

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Guys, I still don't know what the hell is happening.
I'm playing an indie game (Palworld) and even when moving (with WASD keys), it feels like I'm just spaming the keys, when in fact, I'm only holding it
My character makes a step, stop, makes a step, stop, makes a step, stop, in loop.
Could it be related to my keyboard?
To be honnest, I dont see such feature displayed on my keyboard :(
Definetively is the game.

I personally trashed and used bad words on a game for 20 years until a Day I was showing off to my wife the fist game I ever buy and show her the mint condition box and the manuals and disk and as for magic a never seen before card felt from one of the disks sleeves, the card on giant font instructed to TURN OFF THE NUMLOCK KEY BEFORE THE GAME STARTS to avoid EVERYTHING I was bitching on that game. I can swear never see that card on my life.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Definetively is the game.

I personally trashed and used bad words on a game for 20 years until a Day I was showing off to my wife the fist game I ever buy and show her the mint condition box and the manuals and disk and as for magic a never seen before card felt from one of the disks sleeves, the card on giant font instructed to TURN OFF THE NUMLOCK KEY BEFORE THE GAME STARTS to avoid EVERYTHING I was bitching on that game. I can swear never see that card on my life.
well, it seems it do was the keyboard...
After checking for a source for the online manual, there do was a "rapid fire" toggle option hidden somewhere (FN+Q)

Anyway, thanks for the help

• Wow
Reactions: BigOnYa and impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1