Hacking How can I start coding games?

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK, first of all, I'm starting to incline on the fact that this might be a troll thread. I'm sorry if you're being serious, the things you're saying are definitely something quite...different than what we usually hear. If you want to be making hacks and stuff like that, I think a lil' research wouldn't hurt.

And second, you want to make an online cheat system, not because you want to be at the top of the rankings; but because you just want to screw people up or because you don't like the game? That's messed up. I remember having tons of fun with Mario Kart Wii. The times with my friends and online were insane, but entertaining. I even managed to get a Regional Champion Time Trial record on one of the courses, & that felt so satisfying! Then hackers came along. It wasn't the same playing alongside people who immediately obtained the Star power and 3 Red shells as soon as the race started. And when I saw that my record was beaten by a user who finished the track in 3 seconds, that felt cold.

I'd really like to have an online competition where we'd just race where anyone can win, it's just a lot of fun to see the hilarious moments or the miraculous comebacks. Believe me, playing just for fun with other people, even if there's some hardcore elements involved, is the best thing you can ask for in a game. Those moments where you're shocked in disbelief or laughing like crazy because of what happened in an instant are the best moments that a game can give.

Oh, and just a personal thought here, Mario Kart 8 is a pretty gorgeous game in my opinion. I have no regrets buying this game.

Last edited by TamDanny,
Reactions: brienj

Spaqin

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh, OP, it's pretty easy.

You need to make a GUI in Visual Basic and then use Emacs through sendmail right into the console's RS232 port. Be careful when connecting though, as one of the 232 pins might bend and it'll be all in vain! After that, just remember to set your MAC address to Washington DC. The resulting program might want Python to run, so you will probably have to go to the pet store and buy the snake, or maybe even three, just in case one chokes on your computer mouse - they do like rodents, after all.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So just because you don't like MK8, you thought you'd try to ruin it for everyone else by releasing online cheats. Did you stop to think about all the people who do like the game? I love playing MK8 online but it would be ruined by cheaters. I sincerely hope you utterly fail in your endeavour.
He will just start 'coding' 'Mario Kart 9'.

Last edited by OriginalHamster,

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@cornerpath
You have been around since the Wii times and you are still clueless. Get a different hobby especially since you're just trying to ruin a game for others just like a certain script kiddie website did back during the Wii times *cough*.

Good thing is, *making* mods takes skill so kids like you can't feel badass unless someone feeds you those mods.

Your little YouTube modding videos are about leeched mods and not made by you in the slightest. Downloading hacks and running them proves no understanding or technical skill whatsoever so don't expect to be successful in doing anything on your own :P

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,
Reactions: Net-KILLER
D

Deleted User

Cornerpath has unfortunately been known to make n00bish posts/threads like this in the past... (one time, he actually made a thread asking to be admin for a day, lmao! xD)

He really needs to reconsider his choice of words in a post, let alone the click-bait thread title. :sleep:
I thought he wanted to actually make a game or something, not to make mods for games... >.>
Plus, according to his age, he is 22 years old. So he should really start to act as if he is 22 years old and start to think a bit more before he posts stuff that's gonna trigger everybody.

Also, no-one likes an online cheater!! :rolleyes:

Personal notes aside, I would look in some of the other big threads for techniques and methods to make cheats and mods. You will be suprised at how much info you might find in those threads...

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this thread gave me cancer.

EDIT: am i the only one that thinks if you're clueless on what an ip address is and how to find the ip of a device in your home network you probably lack the skills of properly modding a game without script-kiddie tools?

Last edited by Localhorst86,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
this thread gave me cancer.

EDIT: am i the only one that thinks if you're clueless on what an ip address is and how to find the ip of a device in your home network you probably lack the skills of properly modding a game without script-kiddie tools?
That is usually the difference between those that mod games for fun and enjoyment, and those that only mod to cheat. It's the mindset of each, because at the point you are intelligent enough to mod games properly for fun, you figure out that cheating other people brings no satisfaction to your life. It's been that way for YEARS.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@op This is right from nint how to set up manual ip. Drop most of the steps after step 8.
  1. Locate your network's IP address information. How to
  2. From the Wii U Menu, select "System Settings."
  3. Using the Left Stick, select the "Internet" icon and press the A Button.
  4. Tap "Connect to the Internet."
  5. Press the X Button or tap "Connections" in the top-right corner.
  6. Tap on the Internet connection you wish to update.
  7. Tap "Change Settings."
  8. Tap the arrow on the right and select "IP Address."
  9. Tap "Don't Auto-Obtain" and enter the following information, ensuring you enter the "." between each set of numbers:
    • Tap "IP Address" and enter your IP address by adding 10 to the IP address listed in your PC.
      Example: If your computer's IP address displays 192.168.2.5, you will enter it into the Wii U as 192.168.2.15.

• Tap "Subnet Mask" and enter in the subnet mask as it appears in your network settings. Often, this is 255.255.255.000.
    • Tap "Gateway" and enter in the default gateway as it appears in your network settings.
  10. Tap "Confirm."
  11. An on-screen message will ask you to configure the DNS settings. Tap "Later" if you have already performed this task, or tap "Configure" if you have not configured this setting. How to
    • You must configure DNS settings prior to saving the Internet-connection settings.
  12. When finished, tap "Save "or press the B Button.
  13. Tap "Save" again.
  14. Tap "Connection Test" to test your connection.
  15. Tap "OK" if the connection test was successful.
  16. If you wish to set this network as your default network, tap "Set."

@BullyWiiPlaza if memory serves me correct you had trouble getting tcp gecko to work in the first place. So, if you could try and help this user achieve his goal instead of being bitter. I know you are capable of helping.

@OP again... Cosmo is great to learn from.

Just go to this video and follow this user.
Just remember to have fun poking around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT