Hori announces the Split Pad Fit controller for the Nintendo Switch

Hori has another JoyCon replacement on the way. After their successful Split Pad Pro controller, Hori has a slimmer Split Pad Fit on the way, designed to be wider and more ergonomic than the JoyCons, but more compact than the Split Pad Pro. It also has a programmable button on the back, which can be mapped to any of the other buttons. While the controllers won't support NFC for amiibo, nor HD rumble, it will have a d-pad. Hori has only announced the Split Pad Fit for release in Japan, set for later next month, with no word on a western release.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's a gimmick to me, always has been. Useless, annoying, distracting.
And to top it all off, it makes controllers heavier..
It was fine when it was an optional N64 pak.
The original PS3 pad (sixaxis) was a lot lighter without this junk (DualShock 3).
I hate it, I hate games that enforce it, I hate that the market embraced it.

Whenever useful pads come out without it, it's a day of great joy to me.
Which is why I love Hori, as they usually skip it.
Heavier controllers are not a bad thing. Cheap USB controllers weigh nothing, and it just makes them feel even cheaper.

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you're quite the old fashioned one arent you lol
good luck playing any racing games with a configuration like that, though....

I've been playing Mario Kart for decades with no issues.
Even IRL, it's usually all in or nothing on the gas.

And I'd accelerate on the face buttons on most racing games.

Heavier controllers are not a bad thing. Cheap USB controllers weigh nothing, and it just makes them feel even cheaper.

Nah, I'd rather have them be lighter.
They don't need to be "weightless" either, but the DualSense is way too heavy, and the weight of the SixAxis was just right for me when compared to the DS3.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey don't knock Big N at least they thought to build 'Auto-Drifting' (TM) into their controllers for playing Mario Fart... Kart.
Cool, you made the same joke we've been hearing for the last 5 years. How original.

Now, anyone has something actually intelligent to say?

Hoap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool, you made the same joke we've been hearing for the last 5 years. How original.

Now, anyone has something actually intelligent to say?
yytnx.jpg

No, Patrick. Mayonnaise is not a controller.
9q522.jpg

FS_OaprXwAUQEmO.jpg

Reactions: Osakasan

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll stick to my original joy-cons. I've had them for a few years and haven't had any issues (one controller had a battery defect but was replaced).
I love HD rumble too much to give up on it. While not having a d-pad sucks, it's a minor inconvenience at this point. You get used to it.

Reactions: Osakasan

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll stick to my original joy-cons. I've had them for a few years and haven't had any issues (one controller had a battery defect but was replaced).
I love HD rumble too much to give up on it. While not having a d-pad sucks, it's a minor inconvenience at this point. You get used to it.
To be fair, if you want a D-pad and aren't afraid of moving shit in and out, you can get pretty decent joycon cases with D-Pad on Amazon.

I have a SNES extremerate case and honestly, i'm pretty happy with It.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Read the reviews