Hori announces the Split Pad Fit controller for the Nintendo Switch

Hori has another JoyCon replacement on the way. After their successful Split Pad Pro controller, Hori has a slimmer Split Pad Fit on the way, designed to be wider and more ergonomic than the JoyCons, but more compact than the Split Pad Pro. It also has a programmable button on the back, which can be mapped to any of the other buttons. While the controllers won't support NFC for amiibo, nor HD rumble, it will have a d-pad. Hori has only announced the Split Pad Fit for release in Japan, set for later next month, with no word on a western release.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be in the minority, but since I hate rumble/gyro whatever BS gimmicks they add to pads, the lower cost from not having these features is very welcome for me.

I already love split pad pro, this is a sure buy for me.
You hate rumble? That's the vibration feature so you're saying you prefer without it? I mean, I'm okay without it, but it feels weird not having it nowadays.

Calling vibration a "gimmick" is rather unwise.

Reactions: godreborn

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
it is not clear if this thing has or has not rumble. HD rumble is absent, fine, but no rumble at all bothers me on my current split pad pro. The current d-pad is nice, hope they keep it, the current size is awful, I'm glad they noticed and did something about it.

m00k00

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
At first I was kinda mad about those new pieces (as I just baught the Split some weeks ago) ... then I realized it has the same lacking Features as their "first Revision" ... now I don't care about this new Revision any longer :rofl:

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is not clear if this thing has or has not rumble. HD rumble is absent, fine, but no rumble at all bothers me on my current split pad pro. The current d-pad is nice, hope they keep it, the current size is awful, I'm glad they noticed and did something about it.
Certain Hori controllers have omitted vibration altogether in the past, but I hope this has vibration.

If not, what the heck happened to that once awesome Japanese third party controller maker, huh? 😕

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You hate rumble? That's the vibration feature so you're saying you prefer without it? I mean, I'm okay without it, but it feels weird not having it nowadays.

Calling vibration a "gimmick" is rather unwise.

It's a gimmick to me, always has been. Useless, annoying, distracting.
And to top it all off, it makes controllers heavier..
It was fine when it was an optional N64 pak.
The original PS3 pad (sixaxis) was a lot lighter without this junk (DualShock 3).
I hate it, I hate games that enforce it, I hate that the market embraced it.

Whenever useful pads come out without it, it's a day of great joy to me.
Which is why I love Hori, as they usually skip it.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Split Pad Pro is developing some trigger problems and this looks fantastic. I may have to import these as I wouldn't immediately count on them leaving japan.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I may be in the minority, but since I hate rumble/gyro whatever BS gimmicks they add to pads, the lower cost from not having these features is very welcome for me.

I already love split pad pro, this is a sure buy for me.
Some games absolutely require gyros, even if only for a minor part of the game, and you can't progress without it, such as Zelda BotW. That makes it a bare minimum IMO and inexcusable not to include, since that is one of the most popular games on the Switch.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a gimmick to me, always has been. Useless, annoying, distracting.
And to top it all off, it makes controllers heavier..
It was fine when it was an optional N64 pak.
The original PS3 pad (sixaxis) was a lot lighter without this junk (DualShock 3).
I hate it, I hate games that enforce it, I hate that the market embraced it.

Whenever useful pads come out without it, it's a day of great joy to me.
Which is why I love Hori, as they usually skip it.
You may dislike it, but it's not a gimmick.

That's like calling analog triggers a "gimmick" when they're not.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well yes that is the one thing wrong with them. But in use it really doesn't cause any problems.

It is a good point though and something I should have mentioned in my terrible official gbatemp review of them. Great controllers shit reviewer probably why I only got to do 3 official reviews lol.

https://gbatemp.net/review/gioteck-jc-20.1771/
Lol.

Thanks for answering, and so fast.

Just one more question. Have you gotten any drift? Reading through comments on several forums, I've seen a lot of people having some kind of drift (or unresponsive) left joystick. Have you had any problems like that since your review last year?

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They look nice but no Wireless play, No HD Rumble and no Gyro. I will just stick to my Geoteck JC-20s which was only £35 and has everything the Hori Split Pads doesn't.
I can’t wrap my head around all the licensed Nintendo products this gen that dot have these basic features. I can ignore HD rumble easy enough as long as there is a basic rumble motor but even most controllers skip that as well

It just makes all these controllers feel like they straight from your local dollar store

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time I looked at the Chinese alternatives their d-pads were pretty bad. Switch is very much a retro system for me so if one of them has anywhere near as solid a d-pad as the Hori I would look at them.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I'm the kind of person who keeps the Joy-cons on the Switch at all time, and plays with the Pro Controller when docked - something like this seems very nice to me, and the missing features don't seem like that big of a deal tbh

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with 3rd party joycon is that they don't support Switch Sports which needs firmware update. They also have accuracy problems with the gyro, latency problem, no HD rumble and died even quicker than the official ones.

Deathguard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hori has another JoyCon replacement on the way. After their successful Split Pad Pro controller, Hori has a slimmer Split Pad Fit on the way, designed to be wider and more ergonomic than the JoyCons, but more compact than the Split Pad Pro. It also has a programmable button on the back, which can be mapped to any of the other buttons. While the controllers won't support NFC for amiibo, nor HD rumble, it will have a d-pad. Hori has only announced the Split Pad Fit for release in Japan, set for later next month, with no word on a western release.

Sounds interesting

SavageNoble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I still have no incentive to buy anything to replace my stock joy-cons. I have no problems with the split D-pad, I managed to fix the stick drift with YT tutorials, the only thing I'd add is something to clip on the back to make them more ergonomic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with...