Hacking Homebrew not starting on Sys 11.3.0-36E ?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You tend to be quite mean to noobs though
I am getting so tired of seeing people coming here and being like, "I have no idea what I am doing, but I am doing it!" This mindset is then followed up with, "I bricked my 3DS because reason."
I've tried so hard to be nice to people and dance around their feelings when it comes to hacking. But it's become obvious that we can't always sugarcoat it for the sake of feelings. Noobs need to know what they are doing is risky. If they can't even understand the basics, then they either need to start studying or get a new hobby. Because without knowledge, they are just doomed to fail.
It's tough love, but maybe we can't let people live in ignorance for the sake of their feelings.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Eddie McArdle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a similar question before and the replies I got were a LOT more nicer and understandable in terms of helping me out. OP, in order to get homebrew starting on 11.3, first update your hourly luma (using the luma updater on your 3ds home screen). Then go to https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-homebr3w-simple-homebrew-browser-and-installer.434105/ and install homebr3w like an ordinary cia (SD card > FBI to install). Run that and update homebrew launcher using that app you installed. Homebrew launcher should work now

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the frustrating thing for me is the following:

GBATemp Rule:
  • Before you start a topic, perform a search to see if the question or topic you wish to create has been made before. If it has, post in the topic that already exists. Duplicate topics will be closed.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/al9h-11-3-cant-launch-homebrew-launcher.462309/

I'll do my part to not get frustrated by this, but it would be good for some people to not mod consoles if (a) it's hard to find links or (b) they install A9LH without even knowing what it is.

I think @Crystal the Glaceon is right, they are really risking their $200 systems if they don't understand what they are doing and do it anyway. It's a disservice to themselves really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols