• Replies 1,173
  • Likes 98

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dimok seems like 400 does not work.
Yeah Nougat-Police created a new issue on the github after I merged his pull-request where he wrote that there is an issue when HBL exits. He said it hangs there and that the only solution he found was to remove sound completely. I cant really do any tests at all (even if I had time for that) with 4.0.0 as I dont have it so I have to trust on what people submit. I dont really like the solution with removing sound completely. I will try to help Nougat-Police to narrow down the issue and find out what the problem really is.

Brilliant work @dimok, I am noticing my wii u freeze about 80% of the time after the gx2 was launched prior. Fix whats causing this and you're out of beta !!

On 5.3.2, no spoof -- hosting kws method w/latest homebrew loader and gx2.
Hmm I am also on 5.3.2 and I did actually several tests where I run a lot of rounds through different applications and back to HBL with no freezes. I even had runs like this:
kexploit -> hbl -> loadiine gx2 -> game -> system menu -> loadiine gx2 (mii maker) -> hbl -> loadiine gx2 -> hbl -> ftpiiu -> hbl -> loadiine gx2 -> game ....

All without any freezes in there or any restarts. I dont know what you could be doing different. Maybe it's the SD card and re-formatting it would help? The WiiU FS functions are quite sensitive to a corrupted FAT partitions, much more than the windows functions. I dont know what else you could try. As for hosting I dont use kws, I have an nginx server with php-fpm running on a raspberry pi but I dont think it makes any difference.

Reactions: Masterwin

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah Nougat-Police created a new issue on the github after I merged his pull-request where he wrote that there is an issue when HBL exits. He said it hangs there and that the only solution he found was to remove sound completely. I cant really do any tests at all (even if I had time for that) with 4.0.0 as I dont have it so I have to trust on what people submit. I dont really like the solution with removing sound completely. I will try to help Nougat-Police to narrow down the issue and find out what the problem really is.
I'm actually a software developer and I have 4.0.0 and nougat's branch setted up. If one of you needs any testing or has idea how this can be resolved - I would be glad to help.
I didn't find a way to troubleshoot it myself since I'm new into wii u. And when I tried to add tracing ExitFailures with custom messages (to find out when it crashes), I've only seen graphical artifacts. Was to busy to dig into this myself :(

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
@dimok And could you please give me some hint on what is the best way to get feedback from installer/hbl? Printing to screen doesn't seem to always work and I wasn't able to find snippets for writing logs.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dimok And could you please give me some hint on what is the best way to get feedback from installer/hbl? Printing to screen doesn't seem to always work and I wasn't able to find snippets for writing logs.
Come to IRC (abjects #gui-usbloader-chat) and pm me i will try to explain you basic debugging possibilities for the HBL. You shouldnt need to change stuff in the installer i think but I cant tell you for sure as I dont even know how the code of the kernel or the core libs looks like on 4.x.x. As far as I understood from Nougat-Police it does get into HBL and you can see all the applications but it freezes on exit/launch of an application which is basically the same in the end except that the destination is different.

Toscanelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
but it freezes on exit/launch of an application
Launching Homebrews from HBL and exit from Homebrews to HBL works as should. Only if you want to exit from HBL to Wii U Home Menu it freezes.

I would appreciate if you explain me these basic debuggning possibilities for the HBL as well. May we can join a conversation on gba with andriy921 and Nougat-Police?

bikthor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everybody. I have just installed the homebrew launcher in my new 128 GB microsd card (previously formatted to FAT32) and I'm trying to make it work. I launch the exploit the first time and it result on success and relaunch the browser. But when I try launching the exploit the second time I allways obtain the message "sd mount failed". Could anybody give me a clue about what could be wrong?

I've formatted the card with SDFormatter and I think that the cluster size resulting was aprox. 137000 B

Atross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone know if we can found wup installer in special format for the HBL ?
I can't host my files and getting error 0x0000000 (even waiting a night for...) when I try with some sources, so, is it possible to try with the HBL ?

underdog1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
when i want to load hbl from wiiubru.com and want to open hbl 1.0 or hbl 1.1 it load the homebrew_launcher.elf and im in 2 seconds in the menu again. i dont know why it dont open the hbl

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would be the best way to re-implement the curl code to get an ELF from the network so someone can run ftpiiu since they don't have an SD card adapter on their computer

You actually dont need curl, you can do it with plain sockets (without encryption). That is what is done on the HBL background thread. See here:
https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/blob/master/src/menu/TcpReceiver.cpp#L44

Actually it might even be possible to create ftpiiu for the browser exploit as well but I dont want to go through that trouble. If you are up for it you would need to implement the code from that function only. It might be a nasty task though as the browser exploit isnt a fun to use for homebrews.

Reactions: NWPlayer123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk