Hacking Homebrew launcher channel safe?

vitaakibapiti333XD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is it safe to install the homebrew launcher channel to my wiiu after booting mocha cfw (i dont want to install haxchi or cbhc) using wupinstaller with destination USB (HARD DRIVE) NOT NAND? Will this brick my system? If i install a bad title maybe a corrupt title (rare but not impossible) to usb (hard disk) not nand can my wiiu brick or just the hard disk? So unplugging the hard disk in this case will power on my wiiu? Thanks

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is it safe to install the homebrew launcher channel to my wiiu after booting mocha cfw (i dont want to install haxchi or cbhc) using wupinstaller with destination USB (HARD DRIVE) NOT NAND? Will this brick my system? If i install a bad title maybe a corrupt title (rare but not impossible) to usb (hard disk) not nand can my wiiu brick or just the hard disk? So unplugging the hard disk in this case will power on my wiiu? Thanks
It won't brick, even if you install it to NAND. You just won't be able to launch it without booting CFW first.
Why don't you want to install Haxchi? It's completely safe.

Reactions: Kafluke

vitaakibapiti333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It won't brick, even if you install it to NAND. You just won't be able to launch it without booting CFW first.
Why don't you want to install Haxchi? It's completely safe.
I think that it's not totally safe because some people bricked using haxchi (maybe deleting the nds title) and at the same time always loading mocha cfw with the web browser isnt a huge problem... It just take a minute... :) Thanks for help

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that it's not totally safe because some people bricked using haxchi (maybe deleting the nds title) and at the same time always loading mocha cfw with the web browser isnt a huge problem... It just take a minute... :) Thanks for help
1. That's Coldboot Haxchi you're thinking about. CBHC is the one that isn't safe. 2. The browser exploit can be patched very easily and quickly.

Reactions: 9JohnSmith9

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Haxchi is completely safe, CBHC is safe as long as you don't format the console with it installed or delete the title/move it to USB (deleting the title isn't possible with HaxchiFW and I don't think moving it is either)
What you do with CFW can be dangerous though, but that's the same with Mocha, just don't mess with system files and you're fine.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're all safe options. There's no bigger a risk with CBHC than any other coldboot console hack that came before it.

But yeah @vitaakibapiti333XD your confused. There is no risk with HaxChi. It's CBHC You're talkimg about. If tou have HaxChi you should be using that instead of Mocha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: