• Start date
  • Views 3,216
  • Replies 42

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/ is telling me around Step 2 of re-encryption to "Start HBL." Assuming this is Homebrew Launcher (and knowing that I forgot how to install it on an 11.4 console), how would I get homebrew with cfw? Is there another way?
Since you have a9lh now, you need to launch Decrypt9 from Luma's payload chainer. You somehow launched Decrypt9 before and you don't remember how? :/ And I already told you how to launch it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Since you have a9lh now, you need to launch Decrypt9 from Luma's payload chainer. You somehow launched Decrypt9 before and you don't remember how? :/ And I already told you how to launch it.
No I remember how, I forget how I would install Homebrew Launcher since that is what the guide is telling me to do. Does Decrypt9 work? I know how to get there. How would I do it with decrypt9?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I remember how, I forget how I would install Homebrew Launcher since that is what the guide is telling me to do. Does Decrypt9 work? I know how to get there. How would I do it with decrypt9?
If you followed 3ds.guide to completion, you would have the HBL cia installed to your Home Menu. You need Decrypt9 to finish that guide.

D

Deleted User

OP
If you followed 3ds.guide to completion, you would have the HBL cia installed to your Home Menu. You need Decrypt9 to finish that guide.
I'm blind, I see... I found it. I still don't really understand how to rebuild a .cia from a .3ds, though.

EDIT: Or at least how to patch it when it's decompiled

Last edited by ,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm blind, I see... I found it. I still don't really understand how to rebuild a .cia from a .3ds, though.
Again, I already told you how:
You need a9lh+Luma 7.0 or 7.0.1. Decrypt9 can convert .3DS to .CIA.

Make a files9 folder on the root of your SD card. Make a D9Game folder inside of the files9 folder. Place your .3ds inside of the D9Game folder.
Download Decrypt9WIP and place Decrypt9WIP inside of luma/payloads. Launch Decrypt9 by holding Start when you boot your system to open Luma's payload chainloader, then select Decrypt9 from that menu.

The path to follow in Decrypt9 is Content Decryptor Options -> CIA Builder Options -> Build CIA from NCCH/NCSD. It should start converting it to a .cia.
All you need to do is follow the instructions.

D

Deleted User

OP
Again, I already told you how:

All you need to do is follow the instructions.
Ok, I found your instructions... didn't notice them before. I'll try them now.

EDIT: Now in the process of converting to CIA. Luckily it does not create a new file, but just changes the old one, since I would not have enough storage on my SD card to store that.

EDIT 2: Ok then, apparently it does not change the old one but just compresses it as it was 60% along and just stopped, before giving an error about "bad size," and it just so happens that my sd card had almost exactly 60% of the space needed for that specific cia... I guess I will have to go to the store to get a 16 gb one.

EDIT 3: I now have a 16 gb card and started up the process again. It is going much faster.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
In the guide (https://github.com/ev1l0rd/ev1l0rd.github.io/wiki/Sun-and-Moon-injection-guide) on step 2 (which is the last step, honestly), it tells me to "enter the Luma3DS configuration, and enable the 'Enable region/language emu. and ext. code'. If you don't have this option, update your Luma payload." Right now, my Luma is on 7.0.1, and even when I tried it with the latest hourly build the option was not there. I also tried using the "allow patching" option, but that didn't work in the game either. I successfully patched the .cia file, at least (or so I hope).

EDIT: My question is how would I get this option to show up

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
It's been replaced with Enable game patching. The other option was for Luma <6.6.
Ok, that's odd. Then I must've messed up somewhere. I'll just get a new cia to patch once more to see if it works with the patching option (which I tried with the other thing I patched). Does it automatically activate after launching the game with this option on? ('it' being the patch)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, that's odd. Then I must've messed up somewhere. I'll just get a new cia to patch once more to see if it works with the patching option (which I tried with the other thing I patched). Does it automatically activate after launching the game with this option on? ('it' being the patch)
If you have everything set up correctly, yes.

D

Deleted User

OP
If you have everything set up correctly, yes.

Ok, so I just redid the entire process of creating a new .cia with Decrypt9, transporting it to my windows computer to do the patching things it told me to do with both programs (which I redownloaded from scratch), then moved the patched bin I got back into the sd in the code_sections folder in Luma with patching on and... it didn't work. I followed the instructions word for word, did exactly what it told me to do and did not get results. Perhaps this guide is outdated? It did tell me to use an option that was changed.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I just redid the entire process of creating a new .cia with Decrypt9, transporting it to my windows computer to do the patching things it told me to do with both programs (which I redownloaded from scratch), then moved the patched bin I got back into the sd in the code_sections folder in Luma with patching on and... it didn't work. I followed the instructions word for word, did exactly what it told me to do and did not get results. Perhaps this guide is outdated? It did tell me to use an option that was changed.
It is outdated and it has been since Luma 7.0 came out. Move the patched code.bin to luma/titles/TITLEID. Replace TITLEID with Sun/Moon's title ID. Update to 7.0.1 if you are not there already. Enable "Enable game patching" in your settings. Start game.

D

Deleted User

OP
It is outdated and it has been since Luma 7.0 came out. Move the patched code.bin to luma/titles/TITLEID. Replace TITLEID with Sun/Moon's title ID. Update to 7.0.1 if you are not there already. Enable "Enable game patching" in your settings. Start game.
I changed the code_sections folder I had to 'titles' and moved the Pokemon Sun bin file titled after its TitleID (I don't know if I'm allowed to say the id) with "Enable Game Patching" on and Luma 7.0.1 (I seem to have the latest hourly build rather than the default one). After that, I launched the game, still without the patch working... Should I really do the entire process for a third time?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed the code_sections folder I had to 'titles' and moved the Pokemon Sun bin file titled after its TitleID (I don't know if I'm allowed to say the id) with "Enable Game Patching" on and Luma 7.0.1 (I seem to have the latest hourly build rather than the default one). After that, I launched the game, still without the patch working... Should I really do the entire process for a third time?
You're allowed to say the title ID. I didn't because I was being lazy. Do not rename the code.bin. Leave it as code.bin. Your folder path should be SD:/luma/titles/TITLEID/code.bin.

D

Deleted User

OP
You're allowed to say the title ID. I didn't because I was being lazy. Do not rename the code.bin. Leave it as code.bin. Your folder path should be SD:/luma/titles/TITLEID/code.bin.
See, now I'm getting somewhat of a result! I launched the game and instead of it playing the game, it's sitting on a dual gray screen. At least it's something new. Is it supposed to take this long, or does this mean I did something wrong?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, now I'm getting somewhat of a result! I launched the game and instead of it playing the game, it's sitting on a dual gray screen. At least it's something new. Is it supposed to take this long, or does this mean I did something wrong?
If you have the 1.1 update installed, you need to extract the code.bin from the update and use that. Be sure to patch it. Otherwise, you can just delete the update.

D

Deleted User

OP
If you have the 1.1 update installed, you need to extract the code.bin from the update and use that. Be sure to patch it. Otherwise, you can just delete the update.
What do you mean? Are you talking about the Sun and Moon 1.1 Update? And what code.bin are you talking about, specifically? To patch it would I have to do the entire process again? Delete what update? I'm still somewhat new to this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries