BTN_CPDOWN =  "5"
BTN_CPLEFT =  "7"
BTN_CPRIGHT =  "6"

Necrojinsei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm getting a slight problem. Sorry if this is asking to much but I would really enjoy getting this to work.

First, which address should I connect to? 0 or 1 specified in the program?
I've tried both and while address 1 doesn't work address 2 give me at least something. on the 3ds (using the cia version) I get the [ERR -1] 0_NONBLOCK is set for the file descriptor for the the socket and the connection cannot be immediately established; the connection shall be established asynchronously.
One other question, what should the port be? It says zero on the program, but I don't think pressing L 8888 times would be the right thing to do.

Some additional info, I'm on a college campus wifi, my 3DS is on an open one that allows for phones and games to connect to it, and my computer is on the schools main password protected wifi.

retrozelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THX :D

I tried No$GBA to play GBA.
Problem is: THe button seems not working like I want:

im a bad programmer, so im not parsing the config files to include comments :P try removing them? Also, check to see if the input driver for No$GBA is direct input. Right now, this doesnt seem to like direct input(MSDN lied to me, or the gcc windows libraries jsut arent compatible), but I will be working on getting it working alongside vjoy drivers so it can work with any game

Well I'm getting a slight problem. Sorry if this is asking to much but I would really enjoy getting this to work.

First, which address should I connect to? 0 or 1 specified in the program?
I've tried both and while address 1 doesn't work address 2 give me at least something. on the 3ds (using the cia version) I get the [ERR -1] 0_NONBLOCK is set for the file descriptor for the the socket and the connection cannot be immediately established; the connection shall be established asynchronously.
One other question, what should the port be? It says zero on the program, but I don't think pressing L 8888 times would be the right thing to do.

Some additional info, I'm on a college campus wifi, my 3DS is on an open one that allows for phones and games to connect to it, and my computer is on the schools main password protected wifi.

the address that is default is just the lan ip of my computer lol. when you run the server, it should tell you your ip. I have it spitting out every ip for every device for no real reason besides im a bad programmer :P, but you will use the IP of the network adapter that your main network is using. Since your devices seem to be on 2 different networks, if they are not on the same subnet, you probably wont get a connection. Mine works on 2 different ones because thats just how I have my network setup. Try making your computer into an adhoc hotspot. I havnt had luck with this myself(my network card seems to default on the 5ghz band), but its worth a try yourself.

Also, the port get set in the config.ini file. so whatever is in that file(should be in the same folder as the server exe) will be the server to use

Reactions: ChrisX930

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
im a bad programmer, so im not parsing the config files to include comments :P try removing them? Also, check to see if the input driver for No$GBA is direct input. Right now, this doesnt seem to like direct input(MSDN lied to me, or the gcc windows libraries jsut arent compatible), but I will be working on getting it working alongside vjoy drivers so it can work with any game

I made them only for GBATemp so you can Understand which Buttons I used.
But it won't work :/
Anybody who can provide a config-file which I want? (buttons I want are in my last post)

Necrojinsei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply I'm going to give it a go on some other networks in hopes that it will connect. I happen to have a local one campus that I can test with.

blunt420force

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok got the server up, but when i try to connect on my 3ds i get this error
[ERR -1] The specified address is not a valid address for the address family of the specified socket.
ive tried changing the port but that didnt work any ideas?

retrozelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THX :D

EDIT:
I tried No$GBA to play GBA.
Problem is: THe button seems not working like I want:
Code:
PORT = 8888
CPDEADZONE = 50
SCREEDWIDTH = 400
SCREENHEIGHT = 240
BTN_A = 66 //NUMPAD_6
BTN_B = 62 //NUMPAD_2
BTN_X = 68 //NUMPAD_8
BTN_Y = 64 //NUMPAD_4
BTN_L = 67 //NUMPAD_7
BTN_R = 69 //NUMPAD_9
BTN_DUP = 57 //W
BTN_DDOWN = 53 //S
BTN_DLEFT = 55 //A
BTN_DRIGHT = 54 //D
BTN_CPUP = 26 //VK_UP
BTN_CPDOWN = 28 //VK_DOWN
BTN_CPLEFT = 25 //VK_LEFT
BTN_CPRIGHT = 27 //VK_RIGHT

3DS Gives me the following Output:
Code:
BTN_A = "B"
BTN_B = unknown
BTN_X = "D"
BTN_Y = unknown
BTN_L = "C"
BTN_R = "E"
BTN_DUP = unknown
BTN_DDOWN = unknown
BTN_DLEFT = unknown
BTN_DRIGHT = unknown
BTN_CPUP = "9"
BTN_CPDOWN =  "5"
BTN_CPLEFT =  "7"
BTN_CPRIGHT =  "6"

the key codes on msdn are HEX, so need a leading 0x. although ive only tested things with decimal values.

Can't get it to work. On the 3DS I get "ioctl FIONBIO call failed. Unable to make non-blocking."

I have only gotten that error when my 3ds isnt connected to a network(not in range, turned off, etc)

ok got the server up, but when i try to connect on my 3ds i get this error
[ERR -1] The specified address is not a valid address for the address family of the specified socket.
ive tried changing the port but that didnt work any ideas?

I tried repeating this error and it appears to happen when you enter an invalid IP. each "segment" of the ip has to be in the range of 0-255, so like 192.168.900.1 is invalid. Im not a network expert, but i think this might be the issue you are running into

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While this is an amazing idea, I'm a bit skeptical if it will be fruitful. The 3DS has absolutely atrocious wireless data transfer speeds, and to get 'less lag' you'd most likely need a very great data transfer.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
cool app, the circle pad seems to go crazy once you move it for the first time and just always registers button presses, until i touch the circle pad everything works fine, this also seems to lockup my mouse unless i close and reopen the app too

idk, cool app anyway

retrozelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While this is an amazing idea, I'm a bit skeptical if it will be fruitful. The 3DS has absolutely atrocious wireless data transfer speeds, and to get 'less lag' you'd most likely need a very great data transfer.

yeah, the data transfer is terrible. im using lz4 to compress the image packets, but when the packet size is >30% of the original size, the choppiness is high. I didnt get my new 3ds preorder in in time so im still hunting one down, but ive seen that the speed is much better so I wanna work on that. plus, the extra buttons and the nipple are very entising. plus, with the extra cores available, threading would potentially be possible and that would allow me to improve the app greatly

Reactions: Slushie3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro