Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yesssss
Make way for ps5 fall 2020
5.07+ wink wink

You forget this is probably the last first party (Sony) PS4 game, however you will get indies and third party developers.

I foresee “stability” OFWupdates for the next 2-3 years minimum.

THEN you can say “EOL”.

... but that’s not to say some sort of hax won’t come out first.... ;)

Demix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I'll be blunt. They'll have to release jailbreak above 5.07 at end of life. Let's start with history, psp, at one point it was hackable if below current xx firmware like the Ps4, then when support ended for psp all the firmwares became magically softmoddable. Same story with wii u, I had it 3 years ago when only mod was the vwii and wii u was deemed unhackable. The switch came out and poof, a way to install games without softmodding appeared directly from Nintendo severs. Only real reason to softmod was to play dlc. So I predict same will happen to Ps4 as it won't stay 5.07 max because that's unheard of. Maybe they are also waiting for the ps5 to start new work

Reactions: ItsmeAJ

ItsmeAJ

Trophies
XP
Country
So it's just your logic that new jailbreak for fw higher than 5.05 supposedly comes out when ps4 eol, isn't it?

No trusted source from psx scene has ever confirmed this iirc and also there's no exact time of ps4's EOL. Even the next ps console has no official name and release date yet. All I can see is just...guesses.

Less expectation, less disappointment it is.

Last edited by ItsmeAJ,
Reactions: KiiWii

Demix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's called ps5, an entirely new platform not just a better version of ps4
Also an exploit on 5.50 is also real as we all know its kept secret to public. Main reason I was told why keep it secret is because it could be patched next update then you have to start from scarcth. We'll updates not gonna be around forever. The original wii is perfect example, firmware updates ended years ago but Nintendo just decided to release just dance 2020 as the last game when really it was suppose to be kirbys yarn adventure

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EOL = new hack only if someone is sitting on a hack and waiting until EOL, which we don't know.

You can assume because it happened to other consoles, but no guarantees.

They didn't have a problem releasing hacks on the same console up to 5.05, then it stopped. The more likely reason is PS4 is just f'king hard to hack.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW fuck that site, trying to force me to agree to all this bullshit.

wN0osWB.png

Demix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EOL = new hack only if someone is sitting on a hack and waiting until EOL, which we don't know.

You can assume because it happened to other consoles, but no guarantees.

They didn't have a problem releasing hacks on the same console up to 5.05, then it stopped. The more likely reason is PS4 is just f'king hard to hack.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW fuck that site, trying to force me to agree to all this bullshit.

wN0osWB.png
Some 1 is sitting on a 5.55 hack at least and reason it stopped is because they are looking for something more than just pirating
http://wololo.net/2018/05/22/ps4-mathieulh-shows-5-55-kernel-dump-taunts-sony/

Last edited by Demix,

IdontHavePS4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me make it clear to you that nothing really worthwhile will come out over 5.05 / 5.07 ...

The developers will leave the scene, one "dev" tells me "kex" in private, instead of reporting bugs for sony, it just keeps tweets about how the keys open the door (ha ha funny) .. Could say something to Sony, Sony would fix it, developers would release 6.5x (it's just for playing their own original games at lower FW) and then devs would look for a new kex (use), learn and learn something new ... but they're not, they're lazy and they're writing stupid tweety..morfeus is a guy and said to a guy :) He just: developers nothing new will ever be released (kex) because they don't believe in their ability, they're afraid they won't find anything. (even if PS5 comes out, no new PS4 kex will be)

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It seems that only very very few persons have the kexploit for higher fw, if it even exists at all. Maybe that kexploit was patched on 6.50, maybe it still works... I am skeptical because there is no concrete proof of such an exploit from a trusted person who actually has seen the exploit in action with their own eyes (sorry to disappoint guys still waiting).

I am saving my money for PS5 console and PS5 games. I'm excited about the feature of very fast loading speed. Sorry PS4 with loooong loading times soon it will look old and obsolete.

Last edited by depaul,

Demix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that only very very few persons have the kexploit for higher fw, if it even exists at all. Maybe that kexploit was patched on 6.50, maybe it still works... I am skeptical because there is no concrete proof of such an exploit from a trusted person who actually has seen the exploit in action with their own eyes (sorry to disappoint guys still waiting).

I am saving my money for PS5 console and PS5 games. I'm excited about the feature of very fast loading speed. Sorry PS4 with loooong loading times soon it will look old and obsolete.

Only main difference is Ray tracing and 120hz support? At 4k maybe 8k 60hz. I'm waiting for above 5.05 to install a 2tb ssd to my Ps4 pro estinally ps5 speeds as they will also use ssd

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You forget this is probably the last first party (Sony) PS4 game, however you will get indies and third party developers.

I foresee “stability” OFWupdates for the next 2-3 years minimum.

THEN you can say “EOL”.

... but that’s not to say some sort of hax won’t come out first.... ;)

look at the vita for example it's dead and they just killed our last exploit so saying a company won't patch exploits after EOL (even years after look at the ps3 for instance) is completely false

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people think they're so good at predicting things, when they know nothing.

Just be like me and play it by ear, maybe we'll get a hack maybe we won't. I'm not going to stop living my life worrying about it either way in the meantime.

Reactions: depaul

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only main difference is Ray tracing and 120hz support? At 4k maybe 8k 60hz. I'm waiting for above 5.05 to install a 2tb ssd to my Ps4 pro estinally ps5 speeds as they will also use ssd
Not only that, but much much faster. Sony made quite a claim about it:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/sony-ps5-ssd-raw-bandwidth
"Sony’s PS5 SSD has raw bandwidth higher than any SSD available for PCs”

https://segmentnext.com/2019/06/24/sonys-new-ssd-ps5/
"Sony’s New PlayStation 5 SSD Won’t Just Reduce Load Time, It’ll End It"

https://segmentnext.com/2019/06/19/new-ps5-patent-loading-time/
"New PlayStation 5 Patent Reveals How Sony Will Eliminate Loading Times"

@EmulateLife of course I don't. We don't know anything about the possible exploit. That's what I admitted already.

Last edited by depaul,
Reactions: Mo Poge

Demix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point I think it just a never ending expansion of upgrades. Ps5 might get one called ps5 pro later on while Xbox s, x

Reactions: depaul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5