Hiding Torrents the ISP

• Thread starter JustTheOtherGuy
  • Start date
  • Views 993
  • Replies 5
J

JustTheOtherGuy

If I did not seed, deleted trackers, etc. is Comcast still going to contact me or my parents with some sort of cease and desist, since I have gotten a warning once or twice before.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Deleting trackers doesn't help and not seeding probably doesn't help either (besides, you still upload some while downloading). A VPN should probably work but that takes some effort to set up and a monthly fee.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Short version is "yes they might well do".

Your options if you want to use torrents are buy a seedbox or a VPN located somewhere that does not care (possibly easier said than done) and use them properly. Private sites can work but they are not necessarily safe either -- all the methods you use to sneak onto those sites can also be used by those trying to catch you, there is something to be said for not being low hanging fruit but if you are already in possession of a few warnings then yeah.

We could go long at this point and discuss the protocols, methods of catching you and whatever else but it still boils down to the "your options" line above.

Oh and peerblock is basically useless so don't bother with it.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I'll say one thing about Australia's internet. They didn't mind or stop me from pirating 30+GB of movies and TV shows whilst I was on holiday there. From a 3G PAYG SIM.

Edit (since the context got removed): perhaps if you want to avoid conflict with your ISP, consider looking into mobile broadband deals?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0