Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
xbox uses xinput wich is a difrent hid cove but its still some sort of wired code, the 3ds besides not being anything per say doesnt even have a wired option, its pure wireless code and ssb4 probably has an entire cios code to "hack" the 3ds signals and use them for the game itself, its not as simple as to add another controller hid and xinput arent that diferent compared to wireless and ios hacks.
Never said it would be simple. ;)

FantasyJeans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maschell, I am by no means trying to be pushy... Just curious, when can we expect the pre-release 0.9c version that was mentioned a few pages back? I am only asking because I am hoping to use this with the GC adapter to play DK Tropical Freeze with my brother when I am home for Christmas. As I understand it, the pre-release version will add multiplayer functionality to the GC adapter. If it is going to take you longer to release it, that is totally fine. I am just trying to determine whether I should by a pro controller or wait out a potential 0.9c release. Again, no rush, simply wondering if there is an estimated timing so I can plan for myself. Thanks!

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maschell, I am by no means trying to be pushy... Just curious, when can we expect the pre-release 0.9c version that was mentioned a few pages back? I am only asking because I am hoping to use this with the GC adapter to play DK Tropical Freeze with my brother when I am home for Christmas. As I understand it, the pre-release version will add multiplayer functionality to the GC adapter. If it is going to take you longer to release it, that is totally fine. I am just trying to determine whether I should by a pro controller or wait out a potential 0.9c release. Again, no rush, simply wondering if there is an estimated timing so I can plan for myself. Thanks!

Sorry I don't have any info but just to let you know he doesn't often reply to posts like these. Just a heads up sorry man. We're just going to have to wait in the dark but I'll say that the pro controller is an excellent buy no matter what, the battery on that thing is crazy good! Matched by none I've ever scene, plus it's wireless.

FantasyJeans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I don't have any info but just to let you know he doesn't often reply to posts like these. Just a heads up sorry man. We're just going to have to wait in the dark but I'll say that the pro controller is an excellent buy no matter what, the battery on that thing is crazy good! Matched by none I've ever scene, plus it's wireless.
Thanks for the info! That's fine if he doesn't reply, it's not like he owes me a response or anything. I'm just grateful he's working on it to be honest. Anyways, just floating the question out there in case he does respond and I can avoid buying a pro controller. I already have 4 gamecube controllers that I lug around with me and I'm hoping to keep it that way!

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Ask him in IRC, he always replies.

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now where I "finished" the JNUSLib thing (check it out, it deserves may more attention :P) the next thing I'll work on is the HID to VPAD stuff.
But I can't/won't promise anything. My was plan to finish the HID lib (only documentation bla bla, examples etc. missing) this weekend. Getting the whole app ready before christmas is unlikely, sorry.
Until february I don't really have any free time (job,university,projects,presentations,family,exams...) so I hope you guys will be just a bit more paitenced ;)

Last edited by Maschell,

johnnydommer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas why this freezes when I launch from HBC on my wii u main menu, but works when i launch it through HBC accessed from the browser? Im on latest mocha cfw and latest haxchi/coldboothax.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now where I "finished" the JNUSLib thing (check it out, it deserves may more attention :P) the next thing I'll work on is the HID to VPAD stuff.
But I can't/won't promise anything. My was plan to finish the HID lib (only documentation bla bla, examples etc. missing) this weekend. Getting the whole app ready before christmas is unlikely, sorry.
Until february I don't really have any free time (job,university,projects,presentations,family,exams...) so I hope you guys will be just a bit more paitenced ;)
I am patient although I'm very forward looking to the day my Wii U can be used with four Xbox (One (S)) Controllers. :)

By the way, as stated in this very interesting thread the new Xbox One S Controller, which is Bluetooth instead of Wifi direct as you may already know, is somehow usable as a HID device. If that is true and it'll work one day with HID to VPAD without a PC (which is yet to be run in order to use Xbox Controllers), then I'd buy four of those and be a very happy human.
black.jpg

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am patient although I'm very forward looking to the day my Wii U can be used with four Xbox (One (S)) Controllers. :)

By the way, as stated in this very interesting thread the new Xbox One S Controller, which is Bluetooth instead of Wifi direct as you may already know, is somehow usable as a HID device. If that is true and it'll work one day with HID to VPAD without a PC (which is yet to be run in order to use Xbox Controllers), then I'd buy four of those and be a very happy human.
black.jpg
I hate to break it to you but it is very unlikely someone will port Bluetooth for the controller into the stack. Bluetooth gets touched - nay never been touched for non official controllers. However mash did the whole network Xbox controller thing so who really knows

Last edited by MrKatanaObiWan,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The controller is only HID through bluetooth

And only the Xbox One S Controllers have bluetooth, every other xbox one controller does not. it says if it has bluetooth directly on the box.
this app does not have bluetooth stacks so being hid trough bt is pointless, codding a bluetooth stack takes alot of time.

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this app does not have bluetooth stacks so being hid trough bt is pointless, codding a bluetooth stack takes alot of time.

"I hate to break it to you but it is very unlikely someone will port Bluetooth for the controller into the stack. Bluetooth gets touched - nay never been touched for non official controllers."

I know it doesn't that's why I said this before. That's why I was surprised when @Maschell said he'd look into it anyways.

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Plug in your Pad into you PC and look up the HID devices ;)
So there was a small chance the new controller is support HID directly

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plug in your Pad into you PC and look up the HID devices ;)
So there was a small chance the new controller is support HID directly

The xbox one s controller is microsoft's first HID controller since the x360. Also the way it uses hid is specific. It is only hid when it operates through bluetooth AND on a system without x360/xinput drivers. The reason they did this was so that you can connect it with your phone, mac computers, etc. that do not support xinput and still be able to use it. still a chance you'd look into it or does the bluetooth kill things?

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The 360 and "old" one controller also behaves like a HID device on a computer with the drivers installed, that how the network support is implemented. Just my redirecting the HID packages to the WiiU.

Either the driver is just emulating the HID or you have to send a special command via USB, idk.

Even if I would get the bluetooth wokring, we still would only have the same packages as the normal wifi receiver. The packages seems to extreeeeeeeeeeeemly hard to crack/parse/whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu