Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay guys, I thought about the whole thing.
I never wanted to publish a version, thats not exactly I had in my mind for version 1.0 but I guess I'm releasing at least some kind of prelease now.
The point is that I haven't touch the files for about 7 weeks and don't know when I have time (+ motivation) again to really work on it.
Some things are still not implemented/working how I want this to work v=(
But if you want a prelease, I could release what I currently have.

Some fact for the pre release / currenty state:

Whats not working / still missing:
  • Xbox Controller support via networking: The code is done and its working, but not in a very user friendly way. The Client on the PC is slowing down all HID actions (aka delay on mouse/keyboard actions), has hardcoded values and haven't been well tested at all. I'll leave the server code in the source, but don't release a client. If anyone is really really interested in writing/including the client, I can give more informations about the protocol and/or share my hacky client. (+ adding full xinput support which would need some xinput->hid converter in the client)
  • Loadiine support: Currently loadiine haven't been adapted to use any of the new features. it would require some kind of gui for mapping the usb devices to the pads
  • Combined Mouse + Keyboard support: In the "old" hid to vpad version only support for the gamepad was implement. The the input of all usb devices were put together/combined into the gamepad input. This way using a combination of two controllers (in this case keyboard + mouse) was really easy to implement/use. Unfortunately this is now not possibly anymore. In the new version, you can map different usb controllers to different WiiU Controllers (gamepad,pro 1-4), but only one at the same time. You can use your Keyboard OR you Mouse, but not both at the same time for one controller. Use an old version to use this feature again.
  • Full support for multi adapters: There are some adapters, that have 2 slots for 2 different controllers. Currently only one slot at the same time is supported. I planned support for all slots, but never had the time to implement it ( + have nothing to test it). This needs some changes in the device handling + extending the config files.
  • Random freezes and crashes. I really don't know why, but its still randomly crashing at switching applications. I though I had fixed this, but seem like to still occour from time to time.
  • Rumble support: for some reason the rumble support is currently broken. I'm pretty sure I got already working, so this could probably be fixed a few minutes. Hopefully I can find the issue before releasing this pre version. (though currently only gc adapter would be supported)
  • Missing Features: There are some thing I want implement but didn't start yet. For example: Automatically download/upload of .ini files, multiple configs for one usb device etc, extending/improving config files

Now to the positive part, what IS working:

• GUI: @DarkIrata made really nice job in designing a gui for me and most of it is already done. In my opionin it looks really sexy :3 Two different screen (for TV and DRC), preview of inputs etc.
  • Full support for Pro Controller: Probably the biggest feature. Now you can use your HID device as an emulated Pro Controller.
  • Allowing multiple devices of the same type: You can attach four PS3 controller, and use each for one Pro Controller. Or one GC adapter for four Pro Controllers. Or one PS4 pad for the Gamepad, one PS4 pad for pro controller 1 and three ports from the GC adapter for pro controller 2-4. and.. and.. almost every combination is possible. You can also mix real Wiimotes/Pro controllers with spoofed ones etc.
  • Reworked controller patcher engine: Most parts of the background engine has been rewritten and cleaned up. I tried to write a little documentation for each function and do it as clean as possible.
  • Fixed probably a few issues: For example the 3 month old PS3 pad bug is fixed (was fixed right at the beginning but never released. shame on me) and probably some other stuff I don't remember in detail

But:
Before I can release any pre release stuff, I need your help.
Its still missing some texts for the GUI (home, help, about screen) so I would be cool if someone could help me with that :P

Last edited by Maschell,

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
I never wanted to publish a version, thats not exactly I had in my mind for version 1.0 but I guess I'm releasing at least some kind of prelease now.
The point is that I haven't touch the files for about 7 weeks and don't know when I have time (+ motivation) again to really work on it.

• Xbox Controller support via networking: The code is done and its working, but not in a very user friendly way. The Client on the PC is slowing down all HID actions (aka delay on mouse/keyboard actions), has hardcoded values and haven't been well tested at all. I'll leave the server code in the source, but don't release a client. If anyone is really really interested in writing/including the client, I can give more informations about the protocol and/or share my hacky client. (+ adding full xinput support which would need some xinput->hid converter in the client)
  • Loadiine support: Currently loadiine haven't been adapted to use any of the new features. it would require some kind of gui for mapping the usb devices to the pads
  • Combined Mouse + Keyboard support: In the "old" hid to vpad version only support for the gamepad was implement. The the input of all usb devices were put together/combined into the gamepad input. This way using a combination of two controllers (in this case keyboard + mouse) was really easy to implement/use. Unfortunately this is now not possibly anymore. In the new version, you can map different usb controllers to different WiiU Controllers (gamepad,pro 1-4), but only one at the same time. You can use your Keyboard OR you Mouse, but not both at the same time for one controller. Use an old version to use this feature again.
  • Full support for multi adapters: There are some adapters, that have 2 slots for 2 different controllers. Currently only one slot at the same time is supported. I planned support for all slots, but never had the time to implement it ( + have nothing to test it). This needs some changes in the device handling + extending the config files.
  • Random freezes and crashes. I really don't know why, but its still randomly crashing at switching applications. I though I had fixed this, but seem like to still occour from time to time.
  • Rumble support: for some reason the rumble support is currently broken. I'm pretty sure I got already working, so this could probably be fixed a few minutes. Hopefully I can find the issue before releasing this pre version. (though currently only gc adapter would be supported)
  • Missing Features: There are some thing I want implement but didn't start yet. For example: Automatically download/upload of .ini files, multiple configs for one usb device etc, extending/improving config files

• GUI: @DarkIrata made really nice job in designing a gui for me and most of it is already done. In my opionin it looks really sexy :3 Two different screen (for TV and DRC), preview of inputs etc.
  • Full support for Pro Controller: Probably the biggest feature. Now you can use your HID device as an emulated Pro Controller.
  • Allowing multiple devices of the same type: You can attach four PS3 controller, and use each for one Pro Controller. Or one GC adapter for four Pro Controllers. Or one PS4 pad for the Gamepad, one PS4 pad for pro controller 1 and three ports from the GC adapter for pro controller 2-4. and.. and.. almost every combination is possible. You can also mix real Wiimotes/Pro controllers with spoofed ones etc.
  • Reworked controller patcher engine: Most parts of the background engine has been rewritten and cleaned up. I tried to write a little documentation for each function and do it as clean as possible.
  • Fixed probably a few issues: For example the 3 month old PS3 pad bug is fixed (was fixed right at the beginning but never released. shame on me) and probably some other stuff I don't remember in detail

But:
Its still missing some texts for the GUI (home, help, about screen) so I would be cool if someone could help me with that :P
Hi Maschel!
First of all thanks to release (not now) a pre version of your program. Take the all time you need, there are more important things, and I'm interested in help you for release this so if you accept me, send me a PM here or in Twitter with the things to do
Bye and thanks!!

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But:

Thanks for the update :) Sounds great. Hopefully the gamecube controller rumble and random crashing gets fixed, great job! Love it!

On a side note, considering that the pro controller has may more buttons that the gamecube controller, I'm assuming the xbox controller would be the most optimal controller to use with HIDtoVPAD considering it has all the same buttons. Do you think it will eventually get rumble support? And more importantly, do you think it'll be possible to ever use the wireless xbox controllers without networking? (As in making a wiiu driver, not an adapter or the need to use a pc). As of now it doesn't seem all that convenient.

And yeah if you need help writing stuff just let me know :)

Last edited by MrKatanaObiWan,

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Awesome job Maschell. What exactly do you need? Translations?
No, just texts I can put into the App.
(What is the application about, how to use it, where can I found config files, how to create config files, help, credits, blabla)

Basicly I need to fill this screen: (+ maybe the same for help/credits/about?)
http://puu.sh/sqHZA/47e7424b59.jpg

This should be the current progess:
https://vid.me/pU5S

Everything needs to be user friendly, with proper, self explaining texts/infos

Last edited by Maschell,

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
(What is the application about, how to use it, where can I found config files, how to create config files, help, credits, blabla)

Cool! So the streamings that you shared in livecoding were for the TV screen... It looks awesome!!
i can do it, also a spanish translation if you want...
If nobody, or some persons do this, ill help you xD
Bye!

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Damn that looks so good dude! Huge upgrade loving it. Hopefully the actually functionality is improved to the same level as the graphics :D

I wrote this but I don't really understand what you want on the main menu :s Tell me what you want changed:

~~~~~~
Welcome to HID-VPAD! A tool used to emulate native WiiU controllers with HID compliant gamepads. Use a variety of controllers as input for the WiiU’s Gamepad and WiiU Pro Controllers!

In order to get started pairing your controllers follow the instructions below:

1) Plug in your HID controller or adapter with controller to the WiiU’s USB slots (front or back)
- if your adapter requires two USBs (for extra power), make sure they’re both plugged in!​
2) Use the WiiU Gamepad D-Pad (+) to scroll down to the controller you wish to emulate
3) Press A on the WiiU Gamepad to select the native controller you wish to emulate
4) Press any button on the HID Controller, the controller is now paired.
- Press buttons on your HID Controller and see how they are mapped in blue on this screen​
5) Press Home Button on WiiU Gamepad to exit back to Homebrew Loader

*Note*: Controller player number is determined based on the order the controllers are connected!

To Unpair controllers:

1) Use WiiU Gamepad D-Pad (+) to scroll down to the controller that is being emulated
2) Press B to unpair the controller
3) Press Home Button on WiiU Gamepad to exit back to Homebrew Loader
~~~~~~~~

I'd suggest including a compatibility page that detects in the controller is one that is known instead of including a chart on the main menu. Also any update on x360s?

Last edited by MrKatanaObiWan,

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
hey @Ghassen-ga, because I'm doing this completely alone, I'm a invidual person who does what/when it wants, doing it in my free time, and doing it for free.
Thanks for your understanding<3
I love your work man and i'm quite jealous of your talent and i do understand what you're going through , but i also can't wait for your next release <3
and don't worry I was just joking :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY