OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
futatsunokaanjitsu.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ok, I already have a working Pandora battery and a MMS. I made the MMS with no problems.
Yet, when I popped in the battery while holding the L trigger the normal XMB booted up instead of the m33 menu!
I re-tried making my MMS over and over yet I still get the same result! Yes, I used Rain'sIPLtool as well too check my IPL space.
My PSP's a 1006, and my MS is Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo HIGH SPEED 4GB.

Please help!!!!
wacko.gif

D

Deleted User

Problem definitely looks like it's the "Pandora" Battery. My wager is that you didn't really make a pandora.
If you made a proper pandora and put it in the PSP, then you should have booted into service mode. (as far as i know, you wouldn't have been sent to the XMB)
That's why making your MMS over and over, hasn't been fruitful. Have you looked at any youtube videos? They might shine some light on the process.

Nashoki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Malaysia
I don't think it's the battery's problem. Cause everytime I popped in the battery without any MS inside, it's a black screen with the green light on.
Thats how I know that it isn't the battery's problem! Anyway, what kind of MS do you guys suggest? SanDisk or Sony or others?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
When you put the battery in and it booted by itself, it's a pandora.
Normal battery's can't do that IIRC.

Have you checked if your memory card is MagicGate supported?
On the XMB, press triangle on the memory stick icon, properties, and it should say.
If it says unknown, it's a fake.

Format your memory stick, use different MMS programs (I used PSPGrader when I did mine)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You haven't made a MMS, you've merely injected a TM IPL. You need Rains Ultralite installer, NOT his IPL tool.

Nashoki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well, I don't think the battery's flawed. Anyway, here's the list of MS I had.

Memory Stick Pro Duo HIGH SPEED 4GB (fake/unknown) -100kb of IPL space- [IPL succeded]
Memory Stick Pro Duo Mark 2 4GB (original/supported) -8kb of IPL space- [IPL failed]
Memory Stick Pro Duo 2GB (fake/unknown) -2kb of IPL space- [IPL failed]

All of em are Sony. Plus only the 1st could successfully make an MMS. But when I popped into the PSP together with the Pandora battery, it just booted the normal XMB menu.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
First and third aren't Sony. Second is just dodgy. Pay for a decent 4Gb Sandisk stick rather than a cheap knock off, and it should work. You're working with bad source material...

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He may not have the config file done correctly. Open the TM folder and you should find a file named "config.txt." Open the file with notepad and it should read:
L = "/TM/DC8/ipl.bin"

That will set the "L" button to launch the firmware flasher.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Thing is if he's used all those different MMS tools that wouldn't be an option. Rains Ultra Lite apps don't even give you the option to boot to XMB with a Pandora in situ.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony MS pro was created in a partnership with SanDisk. Then Sony's need for a smaller flash memory card for pocket-sized digital cameras brought about the MS Duo Pro. Soon Sony and SanDisk will release the 2TB Memory Stick XC.

I used this:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/af9c9bb/n/...teMMS500v12.zip

It automatically installed DC8 (5.00 m33-4). Put the 500.pbp in the same folder as the program. Direct it to your MS and all should be good. Be sure to check format MS and even backup if you have info you want to save first (or manually copy the files out). If that fails then yes it could be your MS or battery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...