NaviJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

When I backup games to my hard drive in Fat32 the games aren't recognized at all on USB Loader GX. However if I format it to WBFS it works. Not sure why this is, and I need Fat32 to work so I can play my gamecube games from hard drive too..
Btw, I am using Easeus partition manager to format my hard drive and wii backup manager to transfer the games.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So it should be like this

bandicam2014-10-2602-24-02-797_zpsb15e091e.png

Ignore USB2: as that is my second partition. It should be USB1: or if you're on your computer (Letter Drive):/wbfs/Mario Kart [RMCE01]/RMCE01.wbfs
That's what it will look like in the end result and it should be readable then.

NaviJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea that is what mine looks like too, here is a screenshot

Attachments

• Hard drive.png
    Hard drive.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 456

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the game is displayed in USBLoaderGX but doesn't work ?
or it doesn't even display ?

if it's not in the game list, you may have to force a partition reload/game refresh, as I see your drive is named "wbfs2fat" you probably converted it and the loader still expect a WBFS partition (it's stored in the loader's setting).

go to Settings > HDD > Click on the first option to force a partition refresh. It should now list it as "FAT32 + partition size".
If the game is still not listed, verify you have "Wii games" enabled in the 4th icon at the top of the loader.

NaviJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game doesn't even display.

I don't see these settings in USB Loader that you are mentioning. I might not be on the latest update, that may be why.

The only thing I see that mentions the hard drive is the game load option in settings and that says the partition is FAT1 (465.76gb).

Thanks for help btw :)

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It should be working. In settings at the loader setting, make sure it's the right partition if you're using partitions and the right usb hdd. Make sure it's slot 0, bottom usb slot when down and left slot when facing up. There is also a an option to load wii games, gamecube games nand etc. A button at the top of the loader can add or remove these.
Hovering above the icons should tell you what they are but clicking them will work too :D

I saw this though "says the partition is FAT1 (465.76gb)" Lke cyan mentioned above Fat32. If it isn't that switch it to Fat32.

NaviJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no partitions on the usb, and it is in the right slot.

I can't seem to find the option to filter through from wii, gamecube and nand games like you're saying. At the top of the loader the options I see are favourites, search alphabetical, most played, list, grid, carousel, parental control and there is a disc option.

As for the settings where it shows my hard drive, it doesn't let me change from what it already is. Clicking on it does nothing.

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
First, if you don't have the latest GX, update USB Loader GX via Cyan's signature link.
Second look for this Icon below (Second picture below the first in spoiler #1)
bandicam2014-10-2623-03-06-127_zps6660c7ab.png

bandicam2014-10-2623-11-43-543_zps0cbd055b.png

And just incase and yours might be different

bandicam2014-10-2623-03-50-385_zpsf1a2aae9.png

I run mine through FAT32 using wbfs format just like you. It's possible all you need to do is enable Wii Games through the loader in the first screenshot.

NaviJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay just updated, and wii games work :D

but when I try to load a gamecube game (LOZ:WW in this case) it says that "The game is on USB Do you want to to copy the game to SD...." is there any way to just play it off of usb?

edit: Nevermind, it was just a problem with using the forwarder channel and not the actual application from homebrew.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

Reactions: Cyan and Sky Design

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Make sure your usb is Fat32 (which it is) and make sure the cluster size is 32kb, also make the FAT32 the first one, primary and active. Install Dios Mios (not lite) and then run it. However if you want an easier route I'd suggest installing Nintendont, which is a newer more compatible version of Dios Mios.

Nintendont - https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/ - Simply just Put it in /apps/Nintendont/ (along with meta.xml and icon.png) and rename it boot.dol.
I think you can just download it from Usb Loader GX in settings > features, scroll to bottom and update nintendont.

Dios Mios - https://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/Downloads?tm=2

Try those if you don't already have them and see what happens.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want to launch the loader from a channel on your system menu, uninstall the current channel you have, and install the forwarder channel.
The full channel = contains the loader. it's installed on your Wii. to update, you need to replace the channel.
The forwarder channel = contains a homebrew to reload another homebrew located on SD or USB. That forwarder is looking at "apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol". It's easier to update, just replace the boot.dol on SD or USB.

You can find the forwarder here:
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list
There's one for wii and one for WiiU's vWii. pick the correct one.

For gamecube, DIOS MIOS is more picky than other loaders.
It require specific settings and correctly set up hardware.
Nintendont is easier (just put nintendont boot.dol on SD or USB, and point to that folder inside USBLoaderGX > settings > user path > Nintendont loader folder.

Then, in the loader settings, set the gamecube mode to nintendont (instead of MIOS or Devolution).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1