Sending you back... to the future!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
I have a problem with an Asus Ati EAH6970DCII video card: I can't get Eyefinity to work up to 6 monitors!

My configuration is:

5 projectors (VGA or HDMI connection)
1 Monitor (VGA)

I connected the VGA monitor to one DVI using a DVI to VGA adapter and it works, then I connected 4 projectors to the Display Ports using DP to DVI cable + a DVI to VGA adapter. The other projector is connected to the DVI port using a DVI to VGA adapter.

For sure something is wrong in this, because I can get only one monitor to work while all the projectors are not even recognized by the card.
If I switch them to the first DVI (of course one by one) they all work!

I have yet to test the HDMI connection, but I have to buy the cables and the adapters so I prefer to ask first!

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
analog over display port isn't supported by the display port standard. you need an active conversion device, or use hdmi connection.

Wikipedia said:
The DisplayPort signal is not compatible with HDMI or DVI. However, dual-mode ports marked with a DP++ logo can transmit single-link HDMI and DVI signals through DisplayPort cabling; this requires passive external adapters which convert to the higher signal levels used by DVI/HDMI. Dual-link DVI and analog VGA are supported through powered adapters which perform active conversion

shadowkillerdrag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.asus.com/websites/global/products/jX64GujNeYxnA4sd/sixmonitor02.jpg
essentially you can only set up a DVI to VGA monitor with the first dvi slot.
With the little switch noted by the red circle scwitched in the first position you have to use the 2nd DVI as a DVI only because to utilize the last displayport, the card forces the dvi slot to be single link only.

So essentially the first DVI port can be used with a VGA adapte while the second one must be used as DVI only.
Then the rest of the 4 Display Ports must be used with active Display Port to VGA adapters for it to work.

Hope that clears up something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4