Homebrew Help with Bricked 3DS

FireCubX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I have a 3DS that is bricked and won't turn on. The blue light shows up and stays up until I have to shut it down. I think some of the system files have been deleted through fbi prior to the 3ds getting bricked. No, I do not have a NAND backup. I have another 3DS though and I am wondering if it is possible to copy that 3ds to the bricked one. If you have any idea on how this can be done please let me know, thank you very much.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why would anyone delete system files with FBI and not have a NAND image? I don't have to understand everything.

Can you still reach Luma3DS settings by holding (Select) and GodMode9 by holding (Start) on power on?
If so:
Make sure you have latest Luma3DS and GodMode9 before proceeding. Attempt CTRTransfer or CTRTransfer Type D9.

Please also make sure your SD is fine by checking it with h2testw or F3 and create a NAND backup of the currently bricked state before attempting repair. Yes a backup of the bricked state can be needed if something goes wrong.

Good luck!

Reactions: FireCubX and Lacius

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. backup sd card
2. format it fat32
3. paste these files in the root Here
4. turn on 3ds and do everything it tells u to do
5. place all ur files back into sd card and replace the boot.firm file you pasted in (the one in the download)
6. brick fixed
Did you even read the original post? They stated to probably have deleted system files. Putting a collection of files from a random Mega link on your SD is not a good idea in my opinion -- and it will certainly not repair a softbrick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head