Hacking [Help] SD Card switch & CIA Inticates to update firmware

Nomonymal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello to the lovely community, I have some things that I would like to ask and thanx in advance for anyone willing to take some time and answer.

Last week I saw the whole 3ds.guide through successfully. (2Ds 11.00.35 EU)

1. The process was performed on a 4gb SD and I would like to upgrade to a bigger one. How does this work? Do I just copy the files from one to another or is there an app that somehow gets the files and injects them to the new SD?
2. I installed a CIA (Project X Zone 2) and it indicates that I should update. Although I can bypass it and play the game normally, should I update? is there any risk? (noticed that games also require updates from time to time)
3. I install CIAs with FBI. if I want to uninstall one, do I just do it by going to the settings of the 2ds and remove it from there? Read somewhere this might cause an issue.
4. Can I generally safely update now that I have a CFW, although I am on the last FW I would like to know.

Thanx once again, looking forward to your answers. Keep being cool!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello to the lovely community, I have some things that I would like to ask and thanx in advance for anyone willing to take some time and answer.

Last week I saw the whole 3ds.guide through successfully. (2Ds 11.00.35 EU)

1. The process was performed on a 4gb SD and I would like to upgrade to a bigger one. How does this work? Do I just copy the files from one to another or is there an app that somehow gets the files and injects them to the new SD?
2. I installed a CIA (Project X Zone 2) and it indicates that I should update. Although I can bypass it and play the game normally, should I update? is there any risk? (noticed that games also require updates from time to time)
3. I install CIAs with FBI. if I want to uninstall one, do I just do it by going to the settings of the 2ds and remove it from there? Read somewhere this might cause an issue.
4. Can I generally safely update now that I have a CFW, although I am on the last FW I would like to know.

Thanx once again, looking forward to your answers. Keep being cool!
1. Just copy the files over (unless you have emuNAND, but you probably don't). If the card is bigger than 32 GB make sure it's FAT32 formatted, Windows won't let you format drives larger than 32GB to FAT32 so you'll need a 3rd party tool.
2. Updating games is fine, but for out of region games you'll need to find the update in CIA format or use CIAngel/freeShop to install it.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

Reactions: Nomonymal

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you followed 3ds.guide , you should be on 11.2 ..you are safe to update to latest firmware from 11.00 to 11.2 using the inbuilt system update ..

Reactions: Nomonymal

Nomonymal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1. Just copy the files over (unless you have emuNAND, but you probably don't). If the card is bigger than 32 GB make sure it's FAT32 formatted, Windows won't let you format drives larger than 32GB to FAT32 so you'll need a 3rd party tool.
2. Updating games is fine, but for out of region games you'll need to find the update in CIA format or use CIAngel/freeShop to install it.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
Thank you very much, just to be safe how do I know if I have an emuNAND? will there be a particular folder on my SD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night