Help, I Reformatted my jailbroken 3ds.

ChefSalyer702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Day,

Followed all the steps to perfectly jailbreak my 3ds, worked flawlessly, and wanted to expand the sd card from 64gb to 128gb. copied and transferred everything accordingly to a 128gb FAT32 microSd card. It didn't look right to me and I proceeded to Format System Memory on the 3ds. I cannot for the life of me figure out what went wrong? i do have a backup saved and can still access GodMode just no Homebrew launcher, FBI....nothing. Also the system can still play cartridge games.

Any Assistance will be appreciated!!!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good Day,

Followed all the steps to perfectly jailbreak my 3ds, worked flawlessly, and wanted to expand the sd card from 64gb to 128gb. copied and transferred everything accordingly to a 128gb FAT32 microSd card. It didn't look right to me and I proceeded to Format System Memory on the 3ds. I cannot for the life of me figure out what went wrong? i do have a backup saved and can still access GodMode just no Homebrew launcher, FBI....nothing. Also the system can still play cartridge games.

what went wrong is you reformatted the 3ds system memory. It changes the encryption key and makes everything previous on that sd card useless. Did you have a recent nand backup from just before the system format?

You will also want to take a look at https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw aswell for restoring things.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,
Reactions: impeeza

deadangels

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Good Day,

What do you mean by "it didn't look right"?

DeadOneWalking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people always think a system format will magically fix whatever problem they have when nine times outta ten it just makes things a whole lot worse.
Most likely, they are looking at it from the basis of a computer. Windows, and as far as I know it Mac OS does this as well, but I don't use Mac so I can't be 100% sure, basically say the following :
Oh, this is screwed up, do a system refresh to wipe out everything on the main storage and fix it!

Meanwhile, people who know better sit and just shake our heads; knowing the solution was likely something very easy, but that most people are being overwhelmed by provided information and just want a quick one step fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm thinking about getting a 1tb SD card and booting batocera just for pc emulation