reytro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi Everyone,
Recently i just bought 128GB Sandisk Micro SD card for my New3DS, I transfered All backup files from the previous SD card (8GB) in my computer to the new SD card and install some games cia using FBI. Testing some games and some have problem like these:

- Fire Emblem Warriors: Can't install the cia via FBI. There's no install option, only Delete, Rename, Copy, Paste option available.
- Monster Hunter 4 Ult: Installed. But can't boot into game. It says game error code: 0x0000005e. Pressing any button just take me back into home menu.
- Kingdom Hearts 3D: Tested it, had a couple minute of gameplay. Looks fine. Not sure if this one has problem.
- Monster Hunter Stories: Failed to install CIA file. Result code 0xD8E0806A. I tried to delete ticket file and reinstall it but still didn't work.

All these games works just fine in the previous SD card btw, I did some un/reinstall and still works fine.

So I have searched for various solutions online and found out that this was caused by faulty/fake SD Card. I checked the actual size of my 128 GB and it shows 134.134.300.672 bytes.

So my question is,
Is it really caused by my fake SD card? or is there any other method I should try to make those games playable in this fake SD card?

(I'm sorry if I post in the wrong room)

Last edited by reytro,

reytro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Okay, so I tried Quadruple reformat then proceed to H2testw and here's the log result:

Error finalizing file 'J:\1.h2w'.
(The media in the drive may have changed. Code 1110)
Writing speed: 11.5 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

The writing process should take about 3 hours but the results come out in under 3 minutes
And I take second H2testw and here's the log result:

Error writing file 'J:\47.h2w', offset 0x36300000.
It is still possible to verify the test data written up to this point.
(Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Code 23)
Writing speed: 15.3 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Last edited by reytro,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I tried Quadruple reformat then proceed to H2testw and here's the log result:

Error finalizing file 'J:\1.h2w'.
(The media in the drive may have changed. Code 1110)
Writing speed: 11.5 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

The writing process should take about 3 hours but the results come out in under 3 minutes
And I take second H2testw and here's the log result:

Error writing file 'J:\47.h2w', offset 0x36300000.
It is still possible to verify the test data written up to this point.
(Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Code 23)
Writing speed: 15.3 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Are you by any chance using a USB-to-SD card adapter when reading and writing to that Sandisk card?

For (3)DS(i) homebrew users that have R4 ds flashcarts, those shitty T-FLASH adapters are a common cause of data corruption.

Example Cases

See if you can get clean H2testw scan runs using another/different...
  • computer
  • USB port
  • micro-to-standard SD adapter
  • (micro)SD-to-USB adapter

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

reytro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, I did transfer data using the MicroSD-to-USB Adapter. But I used the same adapter to transfer data to my old regular 3DS or my PSVITA and it works fine.

I'm gonna try other option you suggest and report it back

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Arne214 @ Arne214: ah ok