Hacking Help getting my softwii to work correctly ( USB Loader GX Black screen etc)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will this Make Wii Mario Kart And Wario Ware work. all my other games play just not these two. Do they need a special base, ios, etc. to play. when i click on them they just take me back to the system menu.
they both don't need a special base.
if mario kart is not working, you probably have a bad dump. (don't think it's good, check it! use WiiBackupManager's Sha1 option)
Usually, when an ISO is bad, the loader also has issue displaying the animated banner because it couldn't mount the ISO to extract it.
But sometime, the iso is corrupted elsewhere and not at the start of the game (you could play, but the game freeze at certain places)

Ok.... Did not tought my thread would be hijacked like that, even from an Admin.
I helped users to not use outdated version of the loader, that's all.
and I answered you :

sorry, I didn't read your issue carefully.
But usually it's very easy to softmod, using automation tools are not a good idea to me.

I prefer being aware of what I do to my console instead than letting a random program do unknown things.

What you need is very simple :
1. install HBC
2. use d2x cIOS installer to install 2 custom IOS (d2x base 56 in slot 249, and if you want to play call of duty you also need to install d2x base 57 in slot 250)
3. ... there's no 3 ! Done !

then download and extract the usbloaderGX revision from my signature to your SD card and launch from HBC.
once inside the loader, insert your Wii or Gamecube discs to copy/install the games to USB or SD card (wii games only no USB, gamecube and Channels SD or USB).
if it still blackscreen, it's probably an issue with video mode.
be sure the settings are set to use "disc default" (or game default)
it's only while supposing your ISO are not bad, if you ripped them yourself from the loader.
If you downloaded them, maybe they are bad. check your iso with wiibackupmanager Sha1 option.

If you still have blackscreen at loader start (not at game start), there's an issue with the loader itself: redownload it, replace the old boot.dol, or try a different SD card, or put the dol on USB, etc. always try different things to see if the issue is what you think or something else.
Try different loader to see if the issue is the loader
try different SD card to see if the issue is the SD card
etc.
don't just stop at "the loader doesn't work" while it could be related to hardware too.
if the loader doesn't work, maybe the loader's executable is corrupted, try a different version of the loader, etc.

Edit2:Is there a way to see what kind of changes i have made (More below HBC channel)?
follow the syscheck guide in my signature to get a list of IOS and cIOS installed on your console.

Cmjsmith10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they both don't need a special base.
if mario kart is not working, you probably have a bad dump. (don't think it's good, check it! use WiiBackupManager's Sha1 option)
Usually, when an ISO is bad, the loader also has issue displaying the animated banner because it couldn't mount the ISO to extract it.
But sometime, the iso is corrupted elsewhere and not at the start of the game (you could play, but the game freeze at certain places)

I helped users to not use outdated version of the loader, that's all.
and I answered you :

it's only while supposing your ISO are not bad, if you ripped them yourself from the loader.
If you downloaded them, maybe they are bad. check your iso with wiibackupmanager Sha1 option.

If you still have blackscreen at loader start (not at game start), there's an issue with the loader itself (redownload it, replace the old boot.dol, or try a different SD card, or put the dol on USB, etc. always try different things to see if the issue is what you think or something else)

follow the syscheck guide in my signature to get a list of IOS and cIOS installed on your console.
thanks will try. Again sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: