Hacking Help get my R4 working on my 3DS

ieatpixels

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, sorry I'm new to using flash carts, I've just gotten my 3DS and an R4, but I can't seem to get them working together.
It's the R4i from r4idsn.com, I ordered it a while ago when I heard it works with the 3DS. (There was a link from the news post, forgot which site.)
It came in a blue box.

I just need help with what files to put on the micro sd card.

I've tried the "4- V1.51 English" kernel just then, used the formatter before I placed all the files in the root of the card.
I got the black screen error on my 3DS, and I tried the cart with my brother's ds lite and the menu came up (worked), the game still showed up as "storm breaker" rather than "r4" on both DS's system menus.

I've helped set up the files for an R4 before, but I'd still say I'm pretty new to all this.

ieatpixels

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah man, no responses? I thought I'd get some.

bumping..

Edit: alright, sorry, I'm just eager to get my new device going.

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ieatpixels said:

bumping..

Yo, this is not a chat room. We're not all waiting around twiddling our thumbs, ready to jump on a new thread to help someone. Give a few days before you bump your topic again.
hate2.gif

GuitarPick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ieatpixels said:
Hi guys, sorry I'm new to using flash carts, I've just gotten my 3DS and an R4, but I can't seem to get them working together.
It's the R4i from r4idsn.com, I ordered it a while ago when I heard it works with the 3DS. (There was a link from the news post, forgot which site.)
It came in a blue box.

I just need help with what files to put on the micro sd card.

I've tried the "4- V1.51 English" kernel just then, used the formatter before I placed all the files in the root of the card.
I got the black screen error on my 3DS, and I tried the cart with my brother's ds lite and the menu came up (worked), the game still showed up as "storm breaker" rather than "r4" on both DS's system menus.

I've helped set up the files for an R4 before, but I'd still say I'm pretty new to all this.
its a scam

i know it because i have one too (ordered recently as well when i heard that it works with 3ds)

wood r4 for r4idsn or official 1.51, both give me an error has occured, please power off message

just my luck.

ieatpixels

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Man that really sucks, it took me months to get the thing in the mail.

Well thanks for the advice guys, I've ordered catboy's acekard 2i.

Gameplayer9198

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That SUCKS i just got my R4i Gold (r4ids.cn) in the mail a while ago from Zhuzhuchina http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/product_d...item_id=2312763 I was planning on getting a 3DS but now i don't have the money i tested it in a friends DSL and got the Storm Breaker game also now i have to buy a new one Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like i have to sell it for about $15.00 to buy an acekard 2i how would you go about flashing it is it the flash with older console to work with the new one
smile.gif

amansg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bumping..

Edit: alright, sorry, I'm just eager to get my new device going.

I know this is late but if you wnat your r4 to work on your 3ds, you have to get a narmal ds and put the 3ds r4 in it, go to configure and press update then go to your 3ds and it will work

Or since you ordered the blue box that may mean you ordered the r4 3ds card
not the r4i 3ds sdhc card that comes in a red box

if this is right you are using the wrong kernal

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ieatpixels, you should go to www.r4idsn.com and download WOOD R4 V1.48 for r4idsn.Unzip it to the root directory of your tf card. That's all.You need a kernel to make it work.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They don't seem to have the update out. It seems they just want you to buy a new cart with the 3DS update applied.

Typical R4-clone tactic.
There are V1.44 patch for r4idsn 3ds and V1.44 patch for r4idsn non-3ds cards, which can be downloaded from www.r4idsn.com.
Please have a look.
Besides, the kernel is WOOD R4, which is updated once a month.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
They don't seem to have the update out. It seems they just want you to buy a new cart with the 3DS update applied.

Typical R4-clone tactic.
There are V1.44 patch for r4idsn 3ds and V1.44 patch for r4idsn non-3ds cards, which can be downloaded from www.r4idsn.com.
Please have a look.
Besides, the kernel is WOOD R4, which is updated once a month.
That post is from over a year ago, when the update didn't exist.

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o