Hello my friends, I want your opinion on this...

tahsin tariq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hello everyone, how are you?

You guys can call me SinyX. (pronounced "sin-iks")

I am happy to be here with all you fine people. I am late but -- Happy New Year!
I was wondering, do people still play old school games for the Gameboy advance, Playstation Portable , Playstation 1, etc.?
If I cover some of these games on Youtube, do you think anyone will give a damn?

I want to engage the community and pick all your brains a bit. What is the current scene for retro games?
Do you think I will find the community I am seeking here on GbaTemp?
Don't hesitate to be frank and honest.

C'mon folks - I have big dreams - gimme some of your time...

I_THE_OVERLORD

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I think the major reason is nostalgia. You know that feeling where you miss the old days and you did stuff for the first time, those left an everlasting impression for all of us.

I missed playing Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire so I play those games whenever I feel like I want to do it all over again.

[
If I cover some of these games on Youtube, do you think anyone will give a damn?

I want to engage the community and pick all your brains a bit. What is the current scene for retro games?
Do you think I will find the community I am seeking here on GbaTemp?
/QUOTE]

I've seen youtubers talking about the history of some retrogames such as Didyouknowgaming and others.

It depends exactly on what game you're trying to cover. A well-known game with a massive fanbase will definitely be more likely to be watched rather than an obscure unheard of hidden gem. Not saying that hidden gems don't get highlighted from time to time nor do they not have a fanbase, a dedicated one, but some just don't have a big enough fanbase to consider even making a video for if you intend on making one for views, although creating one will be a great service for that game's community.

Some of the fanbases I'm aware and following is the Megaman/ Megaman X fanbase. And I see around 100k - 1m+ views on youtube.

What is the current scene for retro games?
Not really sure. I'm not aware of its current state. The closest I can gather is indie games made in retro style or paying homage to retrogaming is the hottest scene right now, from what I know of. I could be wrong though.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm into retro games... but I honestly give a damn about YouTube other than certain channels of my Personal Interest... for instance, Stan Prokopenko, Aaron Blaise, Court Jones, and things alike.

I honestly don't understand why you're asking this to us. Man if you want to do it, just do it.
Eventually you'll get your own audience.
I honestly can't see what's left to cover or say about such games... so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
yes I would love to see reviews for old games and then play them on flash carts and burned cds hehe. I never had snes before so when I bought it this year I loved it soo much and finished super mario rpg via flash cart on snes which is 10x better than playing on emu.

do reviews of games with no to few reviews on youtube.

Last edited by MohammedQ8,

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@JuanMena You know, before I jump into it with everything I got, I want to know the opinions of the people who are into retro.
@MohammedQ8 You prefer the actual console in real life? But can you run mods and stuff on it - the SNES?
Retro will never die. And I would actually love to see your content.
I don't mind fancy effects or dumb long intros, as long as the content is good.
So, yeah, I might actually subscribe to your channel if the content seems appealing to me. Just let us know when you start with this project. Best regards and good luck!

PS: I too want to make something like this, although I was born in 1993, I often remember the things we used to do in order to play and I then go like:
DAMN! THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO, THIS ISN'T USED ANYMORE / THIS IS NOT DONE ANYMORE!
I'm Retro!

source.gif

Last edited by JuanMena,

tahsin tariq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@JuanMena
Yeah man, I understand. Zelda and Mario were my first games. We are talking SNES. Those were the days...
What would be the series on GBA that you would like to re-live?
Also an important question to everyone. What is the general consensus for people who cheat in gaming videos, or to be more precise ---- is the usage of state saves considered cheating? (not over using it or abusing it; just using it occasionally.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Atari was my first console. Enduro Racer and Seaquest were my first games, followed by Mario Bros and Mach Racer on NES and THEN:
We are talking SNES.

What would be the series on GBA that you would like to re-live?
Unfortunately for me, GBA never meant anything special.
I don't consider it to be that amazing or good.

What is the general consensus for people who cheat in gaming videos, or to be more precise ---- is the usage of state saves considered cheating?
Assuming that they're paying to cheat (ehem... EA...)
I don't consider them just idiots, but also fucking retarded if they paid to win.

not over using it or abusing it; just using it occasionally
Oh... so like... there are stages on retardation?
:unsure:

PS: Read signature... I don't mean this in a rude way.

Reactions: Alexander1970

tahsin tariq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@JuanMena
Well, buying a cheat software would be really strange, I agree with you on that. And no, I like your sense of humor so I am not taking any offense, I just wanna know if cheating is commonplace or rare. Cause personally, I think playing a game in legit in easy mode is better than cheating in nightmare mode. Do you agree?

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@JuanMena
I think playing a game in legit in easy mode is better than cheating in nightmare mode. Do you agree?
Of course. Thanks on the humor part.

I think that nowadays "gaming" is taken for granted.
"Retro Gaming" it is what it is. They still feel like games and even hard to beat games are rewarding an still brings a sense of accomplishment when you manage to beat one.
That's something that's missing from most games, let's say... 2008 to nowadays standards?

I just wanna know if cheating is commonplace or rare.
I'd say is more common than actual gameplay.

But this is just me talking about personal experiences on videogames.

Older people might think differently about this though so I would also address them directly to know what they think.

Condarkness_XY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums! I think you'll fit in just fine here. Yes, retro gaming is still going. Many people enjoy older games, especially those systems from the 80's, but also gba, ps1, etc. Many people have channels for retro gaming on youtube, so if you want to join that, I would go ahead to do so.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed