Hacking Hekate + LayeredFS + Full Sig Patches

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The included kip1 file contains Nintendo copyrighted material.
Anyone "blessing" it's contents has no effect on it not being legal to distribute.
This is why you are supposed to generate your own (the included one in the zip has the filename suggesting it's been generated by ChoiDujour),
or have your bootloader runtime patch the loaded KIP1 (check https://github.com/rajkosto/hekate/releases/tag/rajkosto-fskip_patching).
I can't overstate how beautifully done this is.

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They block banned certs from downloading from the CDN. Takes about five seconds.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OP updated with the Rajkosto hekate mod. Very nice mod, great work @rajkosto

Not that simple, they got a work around there already mate, tell me how'd they stop it man, really, tell me?

blahblah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is that same CDN contains game and system updates which they have to oblige to provide to banned consoles so its more than just blocking all banned console requests.

There is no requirement that it be all or nothing. Serving updates and sys updates while banned is one thing. Serving new game downloads is another. Very, very simple for Nintendo to block. Odd that they haven't yet.

Reactions: V-Temp

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that simple, they got a work around there already mate, tell me how'd they stop it man, really, tell me?

You realize this means Nintendo is actively altering the access route, and that eventually they will completely segregrate the content from access?

Who do you think owns the server and controls authentication? Nintendo or your discord?

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no requirement that it be all or nothing. Serving updates and sys updates while banned is one thing. Serving new game downloads is another. Very, very simple for Nintendo to block. Odd that they haven't yet.

They havent cause it aint that simple mate :D

You realize this means Nintendo is actively altering the access route, and that eventually they will completely segregrate the content from access?

Who do you think owns the server and controls authentication? Nintendo or your discord?

You work at ninty mate? Not my discord just so you know :lol:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It probably involves having to take down the servers. The implementation itself may be simple but they have to ensure that they minimize down time as much as possible. Who knows, maybe they're working on the fix offline as we speak.

blahblah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't bother. That guy isn't intellectually capable of engaging with you on a meaningful level.

It probably involves having to take down the servers. The implementation itself may be simple but they have to ensure that they minimize down time as much as possible. Who knows, maybe they're working on the fix offline as we speak.

There is no reason that rolling out an access control change would require taking down the servers. You can do this kind of thing on the fly.

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't bother. That guy isn't intellectually capable of engaging with you on a meaningful level.

There is no reason that rolling out an access control change would require taking down the servers. You can do this kind of thing on the fly.
ohhh, I see you're mad at me mate! Rofl :rofl2:

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They havent cause it aint that simple mate :D

You work at ninty mate? Not my discord just so you know :lol:

I work with servers routinely. You don't seem to understand who controls authority for server access and content distribution. When a auth coin is needed for access (unlike 3DS) it means you have only as much control as the server master affords you.

Last edited by V-Temp,
Reactions: blahblah

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang, I had to update a lot of stuff in both my distro and environment. I bow down to the devkitpro team for making dkp-pacman! Anyway, figured out that the fs_mitm.kip comes from the Atmosphere repo, it just doesn't build by default for some reason. Had to manually navigate to Atmosphere/stratosphere/fs_mitm to build it. Not sure why that is.

Only informing people of where all of these files are coming from (or half of a clue, if they are forks)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fortunately i'm a virgin