[ERROR] Fatal error: Failed to stat stage2 (atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin)!

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my brother's switch with the latest available atmosphere (by deleting the atmosphere and bootloader folders then replacing it with new files of atmo and hekate) and 14.1.0 FW (using daybreak) and when I turn on the switch, I get the Fatal Error "Failed to state stage2 (atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin).

I tried everything I could but the same fatal error presents itself everytime I boot the switch.

I dont think my brother has ever used hekate before (or if he did, didnt notice) since his switch just launches straight into atmosphere (im fairly new to atmosphere myself so i definitely missed a step here).

I tried following this guide (posted on Dec. 2021) step-by-step but it didnt work. I still get the same error,

"- overwrite old Atmosphere content at SD root with new release (all the zip content : atmosphere, switch, and hbmenu.nro). This ensure you to keep previous configs, instead of deleting and reinstalling.
- overwrite old Hekate's "bootloader" folder at SD root with new release
- overwrite Atmosphere and/or Hekate's bootloader at SD root with the corresponding sigpatches's fusee.zip, based on the way you launch AMS (fusée or fss0). if you don't know, overwrite both. Attention, each new version of Atmosphere requires specific updated version of the patches. compare the "build hash" on the patch version against AMS zip package filename.
- copy Atmosphre's latest "fusee.bin" into sd:/bootloader/payloads/ folder
- copy sd:/bootloader/update.bin to a new file. Rename the copied file to "reboot_payload.bin", and move+overwrite it into Atmosphere folder. This will ensure you can reboot to Hekate from HB menu with "reboot to payload" app instead of rebooting AMS.
- verify if there's a new lockpick_RCM.bin released, and replace it in sd:/bootloader/payloads/ too."

However, the following part I'm not familiar with since my brother just uses a dongle to boot his switch.

"- Replace hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin payload binary on your RCM booter/dongle/phone/chipset/computer/whatever you use to send payloads to RCM. But, this is unnecessary if your previous hekate is not too old, because it now always check if "update.bin" is newer and launch it instead. But I prefer having the correct one on my RCM device/dongle/app."

How exactly do I "Replace hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin payload binary"??? Is this troubleshooting even relevant to my problem?

I'd appreciate any help.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fix your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini. You should be using package3, not fusee-secondary (that no longer exists).

i.e.: fss0=atmosphere/package3

As for the dongle, you connect it to your computer with a micro USB cable (don't plug it into a USB C port), and delete the payload.bin you find, in whatever folder you use. Rename the latest hekate......bin to payload.bin and drop it in there. If you use something like an RCM Loader dongle, that has multiple folders because it can launch multiple payloads, you can put hekate in one folder, and put fusee.bin (renamed to payload.bin) into another folder. I personally think it's best to use only hekate, and place fusee.bin in /bootloader/payloads, that way it will be an option if you choose "Launch Payload" from NYX in case you want to run vanilla Atmosphere for some reason. In that case, after you rename hekate to payload.bin, you can drop it into each of the folders, so that you don't get confused about which one to use (indicated by the color of the light when you press the + button on an RCM Loader).

And by the way, this is why I detest these "guides". They either leave out information altogether, or inevitably go out of date. You don't learn anything. If you understood how all of the pieces fit together, and how to configure them, you wouldn't be asking this question. Please do yourself a favor and actually read the front page of the Hekate github. It explains what all the options are in the config file. Then, go to the Atmosphere github and start reading in the /Docs folder. You will want to thank me later on if you do...

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: vendettared

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed this guide step-by-step https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0 (including replacing the contents of the hekate_ipl.ini. with the one suggested in the aforementioned guide) but still the same eror persists. This is the contents of my hekate.ini (I have an Erista Switch)

"
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp"

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, there is no fusee-secondary anymore. Where did the Atmosphere files come from? Is it named:

atmosphere-1.3.1-master-62eb4d698+hbl-2.4.1+hbmenu-3.5.0.zip

?

Delete fusee-secondary, if you see it there, and run chkdsk on your card to scan for errors.

EDIT: Wait, the problem is your dongle. My bet is that you're launching fusee-primary.bin (renamed to payload.bin on the dongle) from a very outdated Atmosphere. Re-read my first reply and get the correct hekate payload on there. I just double-checked by powering down and launching fusee.bin instead of hekate, and everything still works, and there is still no fusee-secondary.bin on my card.

EDIT2: Are you actually launching into NYX and then choosing a button that's labeled "Atmosphere CFW"? If so, then you've failed to place the latest fusee.bin into /bootloader/payloads

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: vendettared

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It was the dongle all along. Pardon me but I use an sx os dongle and it never occured to me that the atmosphere dongle had to be updated.

At any rate, thanks for pitching in!

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work