Hacking Official Haxchi v2.5u2 - a persistent WiiU hack

ja450n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried to install this using Big Brain Academy, but after selecting the game and confirming that i want to install i get an error that FSA could not be opened.

Haxchi v2.0 by FIX94
Credits to smea, plutoo, yellows8, naehrwer, derrek and dimok
You hvae selected the following game:
Big Brain Academy [USA]
This will install Haxchi. To remove it you have to delete and re-install the game. If you are sure press A, else press Home.
Doing IOSU Exploit...
FSA could not be opened!

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i tried to install this using Big Brain Academy, but after selecting the game and confirming that i want to install i get an error that FSA could not be opened.
so the first thing I notice is that you are not on v2.0u1 so make sure you update that elf. also are you actually on system menu 5.5.1? it is required for the installer as well as haxchi itself to function.

ja450n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the first thing I notice is that you are not on v2.0u1 so make sure you update that elf. also are you actually on system menu 5.5.1? it is required for the installer as well as haxchi itself to function.

ooh, 5.5.1 is required? i'm still on 5.3.2 spoofed. been afraid to let my console see the update server, but i should probably do this before the possible december update i guess.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I install haxchi and then when it tries to go back to the main menu I just get a white screen ... I'm using Brain Age US version.

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont get a list of games to choose from?
i bought and downloaded kirby mass for ds

Never mind, the game was installed to the ext HDD, after I moved it to sys memory, it installed, thanks!

Last edited by karloz25,

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I install haxchi and then when it tries to go back to the main menu I just get a white screen ... I'm using Brain Age US version.
i assume you either had a usb hdd connected during the process or just got unlucky, I assume after a hard reboot it should've installed haxchi anyways.
I dont get a list of games to choose from?
i bought and downloaded kirby mass for ds
I assume you just straight up didnt download and install the game to nand but to usb instead, I made that section in the first post bold for a reason, do not use usb and disconnect it during all of this.

Reactions: KiiWii and karloz25

ja450n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ooh, 5.5.1 is required? i'm still on 5.3.2 spoofed. been afraid to let my console see the update server, but i should probably do this before the possible december update i guess.

updated to 5.5.1 and it installed fine with Big Brain Academy, awesome work, thanks!

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it installed just fine, BUT
The name and logo of the kirby game are still there, and HBL loads by itself when launching the game with a press (not hold) the A button.
Did i miss something?
Is kirby no longer playable? I kinda liked the idea of a secret launch so my kids dont into it easily.
Would be nice to change the icons.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i assume you either had a usb hdd connected during the process or just got unlucky, I assume after a hard reboot it should've installed haxchi anyways.

I assume you just straight up didnt download and install the game to nand but to usb instead, I made that section in the first post bold for a reason, do not use usb and disconnect it during all of this.
For the record, I had a USB drive plugged in and it failed twice .. then I deleted the brain age save file and it worked. Might be a coincidence.

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94 how come this isn't operable on lower firmwares?
because haxchis loading rop-chain is hardcoded for 5.5.1 addresses to actually work at all, the iosu exploit is hardcoded for 5.5.1 address, iosuhax itself is also hardcoded for 5.5.1 addresses and even wupserver in iosuhax is hardcoded for it so it just is how it is. to support lower firmwares you would have to produces files specifically developed for those lower versions with new exploits adjusted to run on those lower firmwares, so there really is no point on staying on an older version anymore.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
because haxchis loading rop-chain is hardcoded for 5.5.1 addresses to actually work at all, the iosu exploit is hardcoded for 5.5.1 address, iosuhax itself is also hardcoded for 5.5.1 addresses and even wupserver in iosuhax is hardcoded for it so it just is how it is. to support lower firmwares you would have to produces files specifically developed for those lower versions with new exploits adjusted to run those.

Ah I see, thanks again mate!

noreason4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a few question here:

I installed rednand soon after it became available. After finishing the installation I unlinked the sysNAND from the rednand by formatting sysNAND. My NNID is now linked to my Rednand and my sysNAND has no eshop account.

1. is it possible for me to install haxchi? I don't know how to buy the required DS game (or should I simply create a new eshop account if that is even possible the the same wiiu?)

2. Am i correct in assuming that using Haxchi I can boot into rednand by simply holding A on bootup?

Tyveri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason when I try to load haxchi.elf from HBL it just pops up "Loading haxchi.elf" for a split second and then vanishes, never running anything. I'm on a PAL 5.5.1 consoles, using HBL 1.4. haxchi.elf is in sd:/wiiu/apps/haxchi/haxchi.elf (I've also tried it with the elf in just wiiu/apps).

e: Downloading it from the homebrew store thingy let it work. Must've been an issue on my end.

Last edited by Tyveri,

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure this has been said already but just gonna put it out there,

Kirby Mass Attack is currently on sale on the Wiiu Eshop for Blackfriday.
Current Price is $5, the cheapest DS VC available. (Sale ends Dec. 5th)

Haven't installed haxchi yet, But ill try it sometime after i finish FF XV. (Just Purchased Kirby earlier today)

Thanks alot for all your work Fix94 and everyone else who's contributed. :yay:

Skullator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for the update, such an easy installation and it's so great how we no longer need to rely on the browser or WIFI to launch homebrew.

I put together a video installation guide if anyone is curious to see it in action:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: https://garticphone.com/en/?c=0013ff1238