Hacking Official Haxchi v2.5u2 - a persistent WiiU hack

Magnus Hydra

It’s rare for me to be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been said before but Is there anyway to launch Haxchi without the gamepad? I left mine at me nephew's house and it will be a week or so before I can get it. I normally use my pro controller after launching Haxhic and TCPGecko.elf.. I am on Haxchi v2.5u2. Never messed with CBHC since my son will play on the Wii U and dont want to risk anything.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been said before but Is there anyway to launch Haxchi without the gamepad? I left mine at me nephew's house and it will be a week or so before I can get it. I normally use my pro controller after launching Haxhic and TCPGecko.elf.. I am on Haxchi v2.5u2. Never messed with CBHC since my son will play on the Wii U and dont want to risk anything.

No, you need the gamepad and even if you install CBHC you'll still need it.

Reactions: Magnus Hydra

lusisto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello, my wii u is on firmware 5.5.0, and I do not have access to a physical game to update. I think that Haxchi requires 5.5.1, is this correct? Is there any way to make it work on 5.5.0?

Olavo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys I searched all around Google but no luck. Simple question.. are there "versions" of Haxchi or just a single one? My friend has a Haxchi which icon is the homebrew launcher, and Im not sure if its Haxchi with altered icon or if its the Homebrew Launcher itself. I searched and it seems possible to Install Haxchi with modfied tga files so it looks and sounds different, but when I launch my Haxchi without an SD card my WiiU crashes while launching on his console just loads the homebrew without any apps, like the wii homebrew. So... did he install the homebrew launcher ou is it altered someway? Something worth pointing out is that his homebrew launcher is good to go from sytem startup, just clickl & go and it also shows on data as "homebrew launcher" with its icon and everything. its not cbhc plus homebrew launcher.... its just homebrew launcher without the need of mocha, so I figured it must be Haxchi with altered images... but how? And why doenst it crash without an SD card like my Haxchi does?

Reactions: Deleted User

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I'm on an older version of Haxchi, however unless anything has changed when installing Haxchi place your custom:

bootDrcTex.tga
bootTvTex.tga
bootSound.btsnd
iconTex.tga
title.txt (with Homebrew Launcher on the text file)

In a folder called haxchi on the root of the SD card, the custom icon and boot sound and app title will be installed along with Haxchi.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I searched all around Google but no luck. Simple question.. are there "versions" of Haxchi or just a single one? My friend has a Haxchi which icon is the homebrew launcher, and Im not sure if its Haxchi with altered icon or if its the Homebrew Launcher itself. I searched and it seems possible to Install Haxchi with modfied tga files so it looks and sounds different, but when I launch my Haxchi without an SD card my WiiU crashes while launching on his console just loads the homebrew without any apps, like the wii homebrew. So... did he install the homebrew launcher ou is it altered someway? Something worth pointing out is that his homebrew launcher is good to go from sytem startup, just clickl & go and it also shows on data as "homebrew launcher" with its icon and everything. its not cbhc plus homebrew launcher.... its just homebrew launcher without the need of mocha, so I figured it must be Haxchi with altered images... but how? And why doenst it crash without an SD card like my Haxchi does?

Hold your horses there cowboy! You are asking too many questions at once and may get confused with the answers getting them all at once so I'll try explaining from the basics.

1) You do NOT need mocha to run the homebrew launcher or haxchi or anything, haxchi is an entrypoint that allows you to use the homebrew launcher by using a DS game.

2) Your friend can use Haxchi at startup because he installed CBHC (Coldboot Haxchi) which launches haxchi upon booting of the wii u.

3) To change the icon of the haxchi instaler is as easy as replacing the icon file with anotherone, he might have copied/moved the icon from the homebrew launcher to the haxchi folder by accident, nothing complicated.

4) Haxchi redirects the DS game to the homebrew launcher on your SD card > no SD card = No homebrew launcher = freeze.

Since your friend has CBHC installed, he just gets redirected to something else most likely.

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Hold your horses there cowboy! You are asking too many questions at once and may get confused with the answers getting them all at once so I'll try explaining from the basics.

1) You do NOT need mocha to run the homebrew launcher or haxchi or anything, haxchi is an entrypoint that allows you to use the homebrew launcher by using a DS game.

2) Your friend can use Haxchi at startup because he installed CBHC (Coldboot Haxchi) which launches haxchi upon booting of the wii u.

3) To change the icon of the haxchi instaler is as easy as replacing the icon file with anotherone, he might have copied/moved the icon from the homebrew launcher to the haxchi folder by accident, nothing complicated.

4) Haxchi redirects the DS game to the homebrew launcher on your SD card > no SD card = No homebrew launcher = freeze.

Since your friend has CBHC installed, he just gets redirected to something else most likely.
Well, there's an installable version of the homebrew launcher

Locoxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. I found out about Haxchi via youtube a few weeks ago and the guy was providing the Haxchi files, but in his video the Haxchi menu look like a start up with buttons like multile options (A for cfw, x for hbl, etc,) I thought it looked kind of cool, but when I install it in my wii u it gave me the error -5. So I decided to try the version of this thread on 1st post (v2.5u2) and it sends me to the HBL right away, it doesnt have the button menu like the one from the video. My question is which version of Haxchi has that menu with button options to try it out since that one in the youtube video doesnt work. (I am using hbl v1.4 btw)

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How to use shortcut with Wii U Pro Controller / Wiimote or will it be added in the future to Haxchi?
Is there a haxchi with N64 Virtual Console?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to use shortcut with Wii U Pro Controller / Wiimote or will it be added in the future to Haxchi?
Is there a haxchi with N64 Virtual Console?

the "shortcut" will always require the home button of the wii u pad

PRN157

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm on 5.5.0 and I've set up my DNS servers, but it looks like the Wii U still wants to update the firmware when I try to load Smash. I don't know if it matters, but there's currently no save file for Smash on this Wii U and the Smash logo doesn't appear when the disc is inserted, it just shows a Wii U with an arrow above it.

I managed to install Haxchi, but haven't tested any mods with it. If I'm being forced to update right now, am I safe since Haxchi is installed?

tastymeatball

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Home button ???
Shortcut = config.ini, press left button, Left: sd:/Wii U/app/retroarch/retroarch_libreto.elf
That would be pretty pointless because you need the gamepad to launch a Virtual Console DS game. If you try to start Haxchi when the gamepad is off the Wii U Console will tell you that you need the gamepad to launch the game. (I don't know if this applies for Coldboot Haxchi)

Craftygeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This may have already been asked but does haxchi work on wii u version 5.5.2? Because I really want the DLC for the legend of zelda breath of the wild, but it requires the latest version of sfw from the wii u, I want to know if updating will break my hack. I have already installed haxchi on 5.5.1, i know that the new update is supposed to stop people installing haxchi, but this is not an issue for me as it is not supposed to stop people who have already installed it from using it.

tastymeatball

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This may have already been asked but does haxchi work on wii u version 5.5.2? Because I really want the DLC for the legend of zelda breath of the wild, but it requires the latest version of sfw from the wii u, I want to know if updating will break my hack. I have already installed haxchi on 5.5.1, i know that the new update is supposed to stop people installing haxchi, but this is not an issue for me as it is not supposed to stop people who have already installed it from using it.
It will work but you don't need to update. Just download the 1.3.0 Update and the DLC with Wii U USB Helper or FunkiiU and install them with WUP Installer y mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?