Homebrew Haxchi custom config.txt by WiisleyU

You already have Haxchi installed on your Wii U?

• Yes, I do but your update looks interesting

• Yes, I do but I will stay with my known version

• No, I don't but I will install your version

• No, I don't but I will not install Haxchi on my Wii U

• No, my Wii U is not modded and I don't want to to this yet

• Just passing here, I don't have an Wii U at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Lazy or noobs that will not know to modify the config and beyond the .tga files to match their own configuration
What interests me though is that Sig Patch -> HBL shortcut. Is that done using a modded Simple Sig Patcher? I always find it to be a hassle to boot Haxchi, wait for the system to basically reboot, then boot it again to go into WUPInstaller.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the save settings for the tga files: 32bit for the iconTex.tga (128x128x) and the bootlogoTex.tga (170x42) (both have alphas); 24bit for the bootTvTex.tga (1280x720) and the bootDrcTex.tga (854x480)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, I totally agree, they don't want to modify it themselves, ok.
that doesn't mean they don't know how to replace it on their SD. you can provide just the txt file (and tga if you want).

It will :
1. prevent you the need to provide the sources
2. prevent your pack to get outdated in case of the real haxchi being updated, your config will still work on newer versions that users will have.

Simple Sig Patcher
Add a line which links to Sigpatch2hbl homebrew. it will sig patch and return to hbl (not sure if it returns or launch it).
Maybe it's a modded version which launches HBL instead of returning to it?

Last edited by Cyan,

WiisleyU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it might be good with the tga files, because if the icon isn't correct, the game is unbootable.
The only problem to boot is the icon that shows an ??? ?
If the icon is correct the Haxchi will load even if the .tga from TV and GamePad are incorrects?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What interests me though is that Sig Patch -> HBL shortcut. Is that done using a modded Simple Sig Patcher? I always find it to be a hassle to boot Haxchi, wait for the system to basically reboot, then boot it again to go into WUPInstaller.
Yes, like using the Sigpatcher2HBL, it reloads patched directly on the Homebrew Launcher.

Yes, like using the Sigpatcher2HBL, it reloads patched directly on the Homebrew Launcher.

As far as I can tell, this is just Haxchi with a homebrew pack, custom Haxchi config and a reskinned HBL .elf right?
So there's nothing in there that people couldn't do themselves by downloading the homebrew they want and adding button mappings to them in the Haxchi config.
Still useful for those who are too lazy to configure Haxchi themselves I guess.
Although personally I prefer to boot into HBL and select the homebrew from there. I can't remember what homebrew each of the 10 different buttons launch and it's easier to just boot into HBL at that point than risking pressing the wrong button and having to press Home and wait for HBL to load again.
It's just for no need to remember, I edited the GamePad screen to show the shortcuts while you can press and hold them.
The Sigpatch → HBL is the first iosuhax without CFWBooter and fw.img, is the "father" of Mocha CFW, pretty useful when you have to install some CFW digital software.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only problem to boot is the icon that shows an ??? ?
If the icon is correct the Haxchi will load even if the .tga from TV and GamePad are incorrects?

yes, you'll get a question mark tile. I'm not sure what happens if the tv or gamepad tga files r incorrect. however, with the icon being incorrect, the meta.xml won't even display the game name properly, so I suspect the same thing will happen.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thats the beauty of cbhc, when your console boots you already have sigpatches without doing anything :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes they are .. im thinking about removing them all together :)
don't remove if there's no new version.
it's always great to find old things when looking for them and knowing where to go to find them.

unless it's not working on HBL (pre-hbl versions? bin instead of elf, etc.) then making a different category that can't be browsed/installed from appstore maybe?

anyway, thank you for that website and maintaining it :)
It's great to have such feature and hope it will be ported to any next hacked system (switch, one day!).

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing