Hacking Haxchi-coldboot - autobooting Haxchi installer

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Bullshit. You implied that you had a secret sauce setup, said that it booted in about 30 seconds, and that if other people's consoles were taking a minute to boot they had set it up wrong. Nobody's setup takes nearly 2 minutes to boot. The dude who said that was overestimating the boot time, just like you were underestimating it.
Why is it bullshit? I have showed you the video I never mentioned anything about a massive reduction and OK I have edited my around 30 seconds comment. I just thought in my head it was around 30 seconds give and take a few I have not actually timed myself, so yes I'm sorry on that part but I do think its faster and your saying removing the logos is not different? I never mentioned a "secret sauce" I said a twist, there is a difference.

Edit: oh sorry, beg you pardon, my fault, around 30 seconds I said of the top of my head and it took 45 in the video to the main menu! my god a massive difference of like 15 seconds out! shit take me to the top of the tower and chop my head of for it, please!!!

Last edited by Reecey,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it bullshit? I have showed you the video I never mentioned anything about a massive reduction and OK I have edited my around 30 seconds comment. I just thought in my head it was around 30 seconds give and take a few I have not actually timed myself, so yes I'm sorry on that part but I do think its faster and your saying removing the logos is not different? I never mentioned a "secret sauce" I said a twist, there is a difference.

Edit: oh sorry, beg you pardon, my fault, around 30 seconds I said of the top of my head and it took 45 in the video to the main menu! my god a massive difference of like 15 seconds out! shit take me to the top of the tower and chop my head of for it, please!!!

I'm sorry I was incorrect. You said, "It takes mine about 30 seconds max, if that." so that's even more of a low ball estimate than "around 30 seconds." I said you implied a "secret sauce" setup, which you most certainly did by saying there was a "twist." Your boot time is not 45 seconds. It's 45 seconds from the arbitrary point at which you decided to time it. You didn't have your USB device mounted during the video. Was that to try and shave off a few more seconds? You underestimated the time. No big deal. You could have just said "whoops, I was way off." I wouldn't have said anything. I hate getting nasty but I have a low tolerance for BS.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry I was incorrect. You said, "It takes mine about 30 seconds max, if that." so that's even more of a low ball estimate than "around 30 seconds." I said you implied a "secret sauce" setup, which you most certainly did by saying there was a "twist." Your boot time is not 45 seconds. It's 45 seconds from the arbitrary point at which you decided to time it. You didn't have your USB device mounted during the video. Was that to try and shave off a few more seconds? You underestimated the time. No big deal. You could have just said "whoops, I was way off." I wouldn't have said anything. I hate getting nasty but I have a low tolerance for BS.
I'm not going to get into a slagging match between us so lets just say, its different a little bit quicker and leave it at that because tbh I wish I never bothered.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
He cut out about 40 seconds total (wii u boot up and first launch of haxchi title

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
He cut out about 40 seconds total (wii u boot up and first launch of haxchi title

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
The video starts from the Nintendo logo onto the black screen at the beginning. I didn't bother to record the Nintendo logo there is not a WiiU Logo or any Hixach WiiU logos or any splash screens, thats the difference. I cut out literally 3 seconds of a Nintendo logo. I was actually going to record the Nintendo logo at the beginning but by the time it went onto the recording, it went.

Last edited by Reecey,

taikyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hqdefault.jpg

The image above is not mine I picked up from the internet more is the same error only that my console is in 5.5.1 U

Hi everyone I had a problem installing Haxchi-coldboot apparently everything was fine after finishing and restarting the console I had this error screen and my wiiu does not start any more, I wonder if the handcuff could help me and if there is anything to do with it My console, if you have something that I can do I have experience with soldering and I can use Fake Sd to assess the internal memory of the console, there is something I can do

Thank you

D

Deleted User

View attachment 80752
The image above is not mine I picked up from the internet more is the same error only that my console is in 5.5.1 U

Hi everyone I had a problem installing Haxchi-coldboot apparently everything was fine after finishing and restarting the console I had this error screen and my wiiu does not start any more, I wonder if the handcuff could help me and if there is anything to do with it My console, if you have something that I can do I have experience with soldering and I can use Fake Sd to assess the internal memory of the console, there is something I can do

Thank you
Ka-ching! You installed 1 year old homebrew. You can attempt hard-mod and yes, fake SD is required.

taikyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no backup or no otp? Your wii u is RIP then. Welcome to the list.
The little one that I understand of Hardware and Software the only error of mine that did cause this problem in the console was to change the parameters of initialization of the console and it does not start the menu tries to enter direct in the homebrew, would not be very difficult in my view I would only have to Enter my parameters and change the startup to the initial menu instead of dsware installed, my nand is not damaged, I think if I extract it and assess the files I could change this, more like I am new with the wiiu vim software By this forum ask some tips from people who are better able to tell me where these parameters are

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The little one that I understand of Hardware and Software the only error of mine that did cause this problem in the console was to change the parameters of initialization of the console and it does not start the menu tries to enter direct in the homebrew, would not be very difficult in my view I would only have to Enter my parameters and change the startup to the initial menu instead of dsware installed, my nand is not damaged, I think if I extract it and assess the files I could change this, more like I am new with the wiiu vim software By this forum ask some tips from people who are better able to tell me where these parameters are
I don't think it works like that...

taikyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think it works like that...
Look the same way you could change the boot of wiiu to a game dsware can change from dsware to wiiu menu would be just reverse the configuration, I'll try anyway if I had someone here with experience in this mode equal to the coldboot that could give me Some explanation would be easier

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
the wii u nand is encrpyted, the encryption key can be found in your otp. If you do not have the key all you have is a NAND full of garbage data, good luck fixing that.

taikyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the wii u nand is encrpyted, the encryption key can be found in your otp. If you do not have the key all you have is a NAND full of garbage data, good luck fixing that.
Friend you limit yourself so much, with the fake sd I can manage to extract the nand and within it try to change the files, so I need the key? I will use the computer with Hard Mod to extract the files, if a simple coldboot file in elf has landed the boot of the wiiu you think you can not! I'm sorry, I think we're more than that, because if a guy can create an elf file for that we could reverse

D

Deleted User

Look the same way you could change the boot of wiiu to a game dsware can change from dsware to wiiu menu would be just reverse the configuration, I'll try anyway if I had someone here with experience in this mode equal to the coldboot that could give me Some explanation would be easier
CBHC [This old version] requests DS VC on boot, if location has been changed or becomes unreadable, it fails to start up Haxchi DS VC and thus doesn't know what to do anymore. [It just sends code to display error about system memory]
If you used this, use button combination it has, it might work. [read: might]
Spam that button combination on Wii U logo screen. [This is when syshax.xml redirects boot to DS VC]

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
Friend you limit yourself so much, with the fake sd I can manage to extract the nand and within it try to change the files, so I need the key? I will use the computer with Hard Mod to extract the files, if a simple coldboot file in elf has landed the boot of the wiiu you think you can not! I'm sorry, I think we're more than that, because if a guy can create an elf file for that we could reverse
Do you not understand? You cannot even see the files without the key, all you will see is the same thing as a monkey hitting it's head off a keyboard without a key.

taikyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CBHC [This old version] requests DS VC on boot, if location has been changed or becomes unreadable, it fails to start up Haxchi DS VC and thus doesn't know what to do anymore. [It just sends code to display error about system memory]
Spam that button combination on Wii U logo screen. [This is when syshax.xml redirects boot to DS VC]
What combination of buttons do I have to use?
What combination of buttons do I have to use?

D

Deleted User

To decrypt you require OTP key. It's impossible to decrypt Wii U's NAND even if it's dumped without OTP key. You can attempt, but you will get bad extract and Wii U's NAND might even die if corrupted firmware is flashed. [Not that badly but eh, you can guess what would happen]

Refer to @OP for key combination, i bet it will probably not work but try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E