Gaming Homebrew Having trouble running Go Vacation NTSC on my softmodded Japanese Wii

Crackuheado

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased a physical official copy of Go Vacation NTSC and wanted to try it on my softmodded Japanese Wii. I have the Priiloader region free hacks installed already. I tried booting it through disc channel, the disc booting screen started but when I clicked start my wiimote disconnected and then my screen was black. I knew some games don't work well with Priiloader region free hacks so I tried booting it with two other alternative launchers, Minima Launcher and GeckoOS but neither worked aswell. I'm very eager to play Go Vacation so I would like to say many thanks in advance to the people who are willing to lend a helping hands. :)

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, not all games run with Priiloader region free hack on Wii. Check your Priiloader version, latest stable is 0.9 . There is a also beta release of a newer version, but creating a Nand Backup befor using this is recommended.

Try launching it inside USB Loader GX and check this section. And here is also thread about same topic, including how to autoboot into USBLGX with Priiloader.

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: jeannotte

Crackuheado

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it with USB Loader GX and I still had the same problem, I heard people had experienced the same problem with the game in USB Loader GX aswell but they were not using discs.

totakeke95

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Enabling free region in priiloader is useless. Try loading with Neogamma but make sure that in the options the video mode is set to NTSC and the language is set to English so that it can be loaded without problem.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On out-of-region games on your (v)Wii with black screen force the game specific video mode (NTSC/PAL) and Language.
  • Wii games : Start the game -> settings -> game settings -> Videomodus -> Choose the games´s video mode to force.

bao1000st

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hey sorry, I know it’s been months but can I ask did you fix your problem. If yes how can you do it, it got the same problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7