Have you upgraded to Windows 11 or plan to?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm using Win11 at my work place.

it's fine except for few things which I can't accept è_é

They removed few features present since W95 affecting the task bar !!!
- They removed the option to NOT merge windows from the same application. I can't live without that option... Working without ALL the windows listed individually on the task bar is counter productive and takes longer to do things we could do before (maximize/minimize by clicking on them)
- They also removed the ability to resize it (no need anymore, it's only Icon listed, no more window with their names...)
- They removed the ability to drop files on task bar (if you want to drag drop a file, you could keep the file over the app for 2 seconds to put that window on the foreground on ALL Windows OS, but no more with W11...)
- You can't put the taskbar where you want (right/left/top), it's bottom only. (I don't need to, but it's one of the changes which can affect some people)

It seems there are workaround:
I've found register hacks but users are not happy and report bugs. I don't want to try.
I've found an app restoring the behavior, but I'm at work so I can't install what I want...

Those QoL things shouldn't be left out in an "upgrade".

My biggest miss, is that when I drag a file from file explorer or some other place, the window I am trying to drag it to no longer pops to the front of everything. So now I have to "pre-size" the windows before I do drag and drop operations. Lol. There has to be a fix.

arquillos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am staying with Win 10 until muy actual laptop breaks.
It is a pity there is no Win 7 drivers for it! 100% I will be running my laptop with win 7 64 bits.
What is the reason for me to upgrade when I can do everything I want and I need with Win 10 or even with Win 7?

Note: Linux is a niche OS. No games no joy and even in profesional envs it is loosing its place (at least in my country).

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly absolutely adore how windows 11 looks, but that's not gonna be enough for me to consider upgrading seeing how they fucked with a lot of the UI placements and also the fact that a lot of apps have broken compatibility compared to windows 10. of course, it's a new windows OS at launch. nobody should expect it to be good until like 3 years down the line
not that it matters much anyways, when proton gets 95+ compatibility with the steam library i'm going full linux regardless of if they improve win11 or not

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I love to update and be using the latest version of any program. However the requirements that Microsoft imposed this time, make my beloved Core 2 Quad 9550 with 8GB DDR2.

I know you can bypass TPM and UEFI but I don't want to resort to these tactics just to be able to upgrade from W10 to W11.

So for the time being I will stick with Windows 10 and in 2025/6 I will buy a new PC.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm holding off on my devices - desktop, laptop, Surface 7. The Surface 7 will probably be the last I update because it would be the worst to deal with if it has a problem I'm sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok