Hardware Has my micro-SD died out of the blue?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you read the article I linked? IF you can get the USB Image tool to see the SD you might be able to copy your EMU NAND to your PC or another SD. Also, I have had an SD or 2 fail. It sounds like it read only now and possibly corrupted a bit. Don't worry about your replaceable data for now. I know its a pain but you can re install the software. You need your user created stuff, saves and what not. EMU NAND is important. Try the USB Image tool. If it copies the EMU NAND that's awesome. Sometimes with wonky media, different devices yield different results. I assume you tried using a different reader/adapter but did you try in a smart phone maybe? ES File Manager on android is good for this. I had success with a bad SD in a wireless reader once, no USB reader would read that card. Also but if you download a Linux Live CD you can boot in to Linux without installing it. G parted is MUCH better than windows disk management and might see something where windows doesn't. Linux in general might handle the errors on the card a little better and allow proper copying of whatever data is left. Those are all my Ideas for recovering the data. Mostly a shot in the dark.. mostly.

Good Luck!

BTW Are you on RxTools or REI NAND or something? Why Emulate your NAND in the first place unless its just old and out of date. You said a year and a half ago. I would rehack your 3ds. Go B9S Wether or not you get your data back.

Follow this guide. probably what you did with your daughters system.

https://3ds.guide/

The guide changes FREQUENTLY. If you are on A9LH you can just go to the A9LH to B9S guide at the top.

Go B9S and ditch your EMU NAND setup. EMU NANDs are slow and put more wear and tear on your SD. May not have failed if you were on a standard setup. Who knows.

You can use the disk Image Tool to back up your EMU NAND to your PC from time to time. If you stick with the old setup. I hope you go B9S. You can technically use the EMU NAND but I recommend going full SYSTEM NAND.

Groumpfouh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your reply!

As I said, I was eventually able to save my emunand. No software on PC worked, I've tried quite a few and gave up. Cloning, backup stuff... No result, it either couldn't find my SD or said it was corrupted. So K ended up hacking my 3DS from scratch and gave it another shot using godmode9... And it worked!

The games are beyond saving, but the save files aren't. I'll just backup my cartridges and download the cias again, I'll manage!

I am now full systemnand as well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc