Hacking Has anyone who's not get ban yet ever clear your activity log?

MalcusPine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11.6 just came yesterday after I Install CFW to my new 3ds xl.I'mStill new with CFW and did some research before I did Install it.I heard that activity log can cause ban for 3ds so I want to ask anyone who not get ban yet if you ever use "Cthulhu" after play pirated games or before the Banwave come. And for those who never clear their activity log,What did you do to make your 3ds not get ban.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
11.6 just came yesterday after I Install CFW to my new 3ds xl.I'mStill new with CFW and did some research before I did Install it.I heard that activity log can cause ban for 3ds so I want to ask anyone who not get ban yet if you ever use "Cthulhu" after play pirated games or before the Banwave come. And for those who never clear their activity log,What did you do to make your 3ds not get ban.
The activity log is never sent to Nintendo, they have their own activity log that logs everything you do while online no matter what your settings are. So to be safe, just don't run .cia homebrew while online.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There are the precautionary steps in the getting started section of the guide

Reactions: MalcusPine

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never cleared my log and have never been banned. I have played online with several games I have downloaded from the (fre)eshop.
Precautionary steps were taken before all of this, which is stated above, and I have not been banned and have been using CFW since 11.3, luckily.
I have not played any Pokemon games online via internet. (They should look into that...)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never cleared my log and have never been banned. I have played online with several games I have downloaded from the (fre)eshop.
Precautionary steps were taken before all of this, which is stated above, and I have not been banned and have been using CFW since 11.3, luckily.
I have not played any Pokemon games online via internet. (They should look into that...)
you have the wrong idea its not pirated content (pirated games have legit title id's). . . its unauthorized content ex. any homebrew app in .cia format (freeshop, fbi, ntr, ect)

MalcusPine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are the precautionary steps in the getting started section of the guide
Link?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you have the wrong idea its not pirated content (pirated games have legit title id's). . . its unauthorized content ex. any homebrew app in .cia format (freeshop, fbi, ntr, ect)
But how am I suppose to install a game without freeshop and fbi.Also isn't pirated games in .cia format?

The activity log is never sent to Nintendo, they have their own activity log that logs everything you do while online no matter what your settings are. So to be safe, just don't run .cia homebrew while online.
So i have to install pirated games through FBI and micro SD card Right?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Link?

But how am I suppose to install a game without freeshop and fbi.Also isn't pirated games in .cia format?

So i have to install pirated games through FBI and micro SD card Right?
Here in the red box: https://3ds.guide/get-started

You can install games with freeshop or FBI. It doesn't matter.

Reactions: MalcusPine

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Funny how nowadays people are afraid of being banned, but in 2012 they slammed nintendo because "friend codes is not real online, smash lags, nintendo does not have online"

Reactions: Majickhat55
D

Deleted User

I've never got banned. And I didn't follow any precautionaries what so ever.
But I don't have any pirated games installed.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny how nowadays people are afraid of being banned, but in 2012 they slammed nintendo because "friend codes is not real online, smash lags, nintendo does not have online"
Honestly I'm convinced people don't really care about online until they can't use it. Has nothing to do with if they use it or not, people just don't like being boxed out; for whatever reason. You know kind of like if someone has a license but no car, and they get in trouble and it gets suspended. For some reason they are really concerned about it when they weren't using it in the first place.......

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I have tons of pirated content and use homebrew CIAs frequently. I haven't been re-banned since the SuMo incident. You wanna know what gets you banned? Abuse of network features, cheating online, playing leaked content online, and using improper save editing (mainly applies to Pokemon). There is absolutely no evidence that using homebrew or custom firmware triggers a ban. People that got banned in the last wave just drew conclusions from an incredibly vague error description.

MalcusPine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tons of pirated content and use homebrew CIAs frequently. I haven't been re-banned since the SuMo incident. You wanna know what gets you banned? Abuse of network features, cheating online, playing leaked content online, and using improper save editing (mainly applies to Pokemon). There is absolutely no evidence that using homebrew or custom firmware triggers a ban. People that got banned in the last wave just drew conclusions from an incredibly vague error description.
But some said they got ban without using any cheat and even disable all the feature that can cause ban. :/

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people lie about what they've done to incur a ban anyway. I agree with you, I haven't been banned since playing SuMo early either and that was a hyperban. God rid of it, made a new NNID and been in the clear ever since. I don't use HomeBrew at all, I ONLY use .CIA installs and never cheat online and still haven't been banned again (though I do have private seeds stored just in case).

But some said they got ban without using any cheat and even disable all the feature that can cause ban. :/
You can't trust random people on the internet to say "I've been banned, I swear I didn't do anything to deserve it!" Same with those people that come in here talking about "My kid/wife/friend/sibling updated my console, I'm screwed!" When 9/10 they know they messed up and don't want to admit it.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
People tend to not tell the truth. It was also noted that a lot of people that were banned had also used Doodlebomb. It's also a possibility that Nintendo bans work like Valve's VAC, and take weeks to come into effect. Someone could have done something just to try it out weeks or even months prior to being banned. I wonder if they can detect the NTR debugger. If so, this could mean that people streaming online play to Twitch or whatever else could have been banned from that, even though they weren't cheating.

Last edited by Joom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==